Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RJH said:

I don't think that's true at all.

It will most certainly pull shooters from other divisions.  To what extent no one knows.  Is it a bad thing?  I don't think so but that is completely my opinion.  Will it "Kill" other Divisions?  I do not think it change the wheels that are already in motion.  It may accelerate what is already happening.

People who currently shoot Major PF divisions will most likely keep shooting them for the most part.  They may be a few defectors, but I think most people who currently shoot Major shoot it mostly due to the fact they like that particular caliber/PF.  I see very few new shooters if any jumping into Limited or Open once they make a decision on what Division they choose to shoot on the regular.  Meaning they go out and buy Division Specific gun/gear.  At least that is the case in out Section.  

Something that has not been discussed at all is shooting Major PF divisions and shooting Minor is too completely different things.  Shooting Minor after shooting Years of Major would take most shooters some time to adjust to in that you are required to shoot more Alphas in Minor to be competitive.  While the top guys would transition quickly and some right away, I do not think the majority of the membership can change gears that quickly.  I beat Open guys in our section on the regular shooting minor.  Mind you there is little heat in our section in Open, although that seems to be changing with some top Limited guys moving to Open.  Do guys switching to Major get frustrated immediately when they drop in the overall standing once switching?  Maybe this miss how fast the could shoot Major versus shooting Minor?  Do they get frustrated for whatever reason and switch back?  We do not know these things.  Think of the guys you saw that gave up on shooting CO after years of shooting production.   Maybe LO is a fail and they do or don't combine CO and LO.  We have no idea how this thing is going to shake out.  

Will there be some CO rigs that go up for sale.  Most certainly.  To what degree no one has a clue.  People waiting on their preferred 2011 blaster will slow the sale of CO rigs in my opinion.  I think this change would most likely be slow, but again who knows.  I will not be selling all of my CO rigs until I see how this thing shakes out, that is for certain.  

2 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

I'm seeing things like "limited run" or "only 1200 made".  Are they not going to make any more? With everyone wanting a 9mm 2011 these days, it makes zero sense to not continue production of these.     

Its a catalog item, so standard production not a limited release or anything like that.

Just now, 1911vm said:

i just cannot pay MSRP

They won't be dropping anytime soon.  For a couple hundred more you get it now.  If you don't like it, sell it for what you paid or more.  Think of all the people who have been preoccupied with the holiday season who still aren't aware it was even released.  Wouldn't doubt pricing continues to rise. 

14 minutes ago, Douglee25 said:

They won't be dropping anytime soon.  For a couple hundred more you get it now.  If you don't like it, sell it for what you paid or more.  Think of all the people who have been preoccupied with the holiday season who still aren't aware it was even released.  Wouldn't doubt pricing continues to rise. 

cant do it. doing an addition on the house. I can wait. my SP01 shadow SAO from CZC is helping me to to stay strong. 

Edited by 1911vm

I shot my dwx today. 

I think I’m total I put between 200 and 250 rounds through it. 

My standard reload of a 147 sns flat point loaded with 3.2 g vvn320 shot perfect.  And as soft as pretty much anything I own.  And I’ve got an a 01ld and two sds.  Maybe if I shot them side by side the ld would feel softer. But not by much.  Out of the box it shot 6 clicks or so low at 25 yards and is shooting about 3-4 inches left so needs drifted.  

I was shooting off hand at a poorly indoor range.  The lighting definitely didn’t help anything.  But my best group at 25 yards was about 4 inches.  Which is about as good as I can shoot any iron sight group.  It tracked nicely.  10 yards as fast as allowed to shoot indoors resulted in a palm sized group.  

the very first round I put in the gun seemed tight in the chamber.  But all fired and extracted fine.  

the trigger is breaking at 4 1/4 lbs. most of my target/ competition guns run 2-2.5 lbs.  but I really didn’t notice the increase weight slow fire. 

I ran 50 rounds of some crap the range had loaded with the two piece nas3 shelshok case.  I have never shot these through anything. I had two failure to go into battery in the first mag of this ammo.  No other issues following.  

I ran the two stock mags and 4 or 5 full mags through a p10 mag with a czc 140 mm pad with a grams spring and follower for 23+1. Ran perfectly.  

I showed it to the staff.  They absolutely loved it.  

I also took it to TK Custom to show my old friend and master gunsmith Tom Kilhoufer, Eli Johnson and their assisting gunsmith.  They all loved it.  These guys live in the revolver world but they may be unknown to many but are top notch smiths, Tom with 50 plus years of knowledge.  They have many patented parts, top notch machinery and know their s#!t.  They thought it was worth every penny. 

I will probably changed the front sight to a Dawson .100 to allow a little more space/ light around the sight. I tried to nit pick this gun.  The only real gripe was sometimes it felt just a little hard to put the safety on.  A little. But it came off like it should. 

I have pictures of some of my groups which honestly suffer from my 53 year old eyes and poor lighting.   I’ll post these at a later time. 

i can’t find much if anything  really wrong with this gun.  The stock grips even feel great.  That one thing I usually change out immediately on most guns.  

So.  Im keeping this gun. It’s going to be logged out to me.  

9 hours ago, jripper said:

I shot my dwx today. 

I think I’m total I put between 200 and 250 rounds through it. 

My standard reload of a 147 sns flat point loaded with 3.2 g vvn320 shot perfect.  And as soft as pretty much anything I own.  And I’ve got an a 01ld and two sds.  Maybe if I shot them side by side the ld would feel softer. But not by much.  Out of the box it shot 6 clicks or so low at 25 yards and is shooting about 3-4 inches left so needs drifted.  

I was shooting off hand at a poorly indoor range.  The lighting definitely didn’t help anything.  But my best group at 25 yards was about 4 inches.  Which is about as good as I can shoot any iron sight group.  It tracked nicely.  10 yards as fast as allowed to shoot indoors resulted in a palm sized group.  

the very first round I put in the gun seemed tight in the chamber.  But all fired and extracted fine.  

the trigger is breaking at 4 1/4 lbs. most of my target/ competition guns run 2-2.5 lbs.  but I really didn’t notice the increase weight slow fire. 

I ran 50 rounds of some crap the range had loaded with the two piece nas3 shelshok case.  I have never shot these through anything. I had two failure to go into battery in the first mag of this ammo.  No other issues following.  

I ran the two stock mags and 4 or 5 full mags through a p10 mag with a czc 140 mm pad with a grams spring and follower for 23+1. Ran perfectly.  

I showed it to the staff.  They absolutely loved it.  

I also took it to TK Custom to show my old friend and master gunsmith Tom Kilhoufer, Eli Johnson and their assisting gunsmith.  They all loved it.  These guys live in the revolver world but they may be unknown to many but are top notch smiths, Tom with 50 plus years of knowledge.  They have many patented parts, top notch machinery and know their s#!t.  They thought it was worth every penny. 

I will probably changed the front sight to a Dawson .100 to allow a little more space/ light around the sight. I tried to nit pick this gun.  The only real gripe was sometimes it felt just a little hard to put the safety on.  A little. But it came off like it should. 

I have pictures of some of my groups which honestly suffer from my 53 year old eyes and poor lighting.   I’ll post these at a later time. 

i can’t find much if anything  really wrong with this gun.  The stock grips even feel great.  That one thing I usually change out immediately on most guns.  

So.  Im keeping this gun. It’s going to be logged out to me.  

Excellent!  Excited to try mine out after the holiday.