Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

8 hours ago, 1911vm said:

tiered of all this  feel good stuff.  they do not answer phones not because they want to piss any one off. they just might have received 2k of calls and even more emails. who knows what's going on. you want one of the best wait. Business should be judged on what they do.  when you finally get through to them and put your order in and they take your money. did the do what they said they were going to do? did they do a good job? ETC .

I have guys on the road, and some times  I get  calls or emails. Your tech came in fixed everything perfectly, they cleaned up all is great. "BUT you should really talk to them, they were not smiling and did not have time to talk past the technical things. you need to explain to them what customer service is."

Customer service = do everything with excellence. 

PR =  tell your friends  that they do everything with excellence. 

regrettably had to deal with one of the best kidney cancer doctors in the world. his bed side (customer service ) was of a gorilla.  But everything was done with excellence. 

Man We are getting soft

Nahh I'm going to judge them on the whole package. The two companies I send money to for custom 2011/1911s will answer with in a few hours. Send updates without me even reaching out. Give a estimated timeline up front with out asking. And if anything does come up they update asap. That's part of running a buisness. Especially in this market. Bad customer service IMO shows a lack of care. That lack of care may or may not be in other areas of the company. But I'm not willing to find out. Especially if it's going to cost me thousands of dollars. 

As for them being the best..... Mm there are other companies doing basicly the same work (except for making a whole new gun, A01). Some have better CS amd some have worse. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

As for them being the best..... Mm there are other companies doing basicly the same work (except for making a whole new gun, A01). Some have better CS amd some have worse. 

absolutely. CGW does and maven do great work.  I  love  1911s and really want a 2011 , but refuse to to pay $100 or more for a 10rd mag LOL yes Connecticut is a wonderful place. one of the reasons why DWX is interesting to me 

Played with my DWX over the weekend while shooting 25y B8 drills.  Threw in a 19# mainspring and replaced the sear spring.  The factory sear spring’s sear leg was slightly short and a pita to position correctly.  Tried a WC 13# flatwire recoil spring but really preferred an ISMI Glock 17 11# spring.  Despite the lower rating, the Glock spring was returning the front sight level while the WC was returning slightly high with 130PF 147gr.  Probably due to longer free length and increased preload.  Picked up a 1911 flat bottom FP stop to play with in the shop.  The firing pin hole is drilled lower in the DWX but I can throw it in the mill at work to make it match.  I took some measurements and the slide will fit a standard 1911 round wire recoil spring.  I’m going to open up the recoil spring hole and modify an X5 Legion guide rod to fit.  Opens up spring tuning to the full suite of 1911 springs and adds a little more weight under the muzzle.

The factory mag release felt a bit stiff even after a bit of buffing.  Picked up a Wolff reduced power 1911 spring pack.  The #3 felt just right.

Also, LOK palm swell Veloce grips for the Shadow2 feel just as good on the DWX as my SP-01.

Once I get the guide rod and fp stop situated, it’s off for optic milling.

14EE9C0C-1939-41F0-85F5-616BBB86BE9B.jpeg

45FD8172-CBC8-4228-943E-A6DDC330FA48.jpeg

66C13CB6-972A-4060-AD78-E5EA9D42F0CF.jpeg

Edited by earlan357

59 minutes ago, 1911vm said:

looks like we are turning the corner. used DWX in the classified section 

What corner? There’s been multiple for sale on gunbroker for months. Seen used ones sold on other forums as well.

1 hour ago, tt350z said:

What corner? There’s been multiple for sale on gunbroker for months. Seen used ones sold on other forums as well.

i guess i was no paying enough attention. lol

5 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Anybody mess around with the chassis system yet. 
like removing it ? Is there wiggle ?

I’m still trying to figure out why they even did that with a steel gun. 

How often do you hear about the chassis wiggling on a 2011 or P320? Those have a steel chassis and popular with metal grip options. It’s nice to be able to buy and sell different grips based on your preference without having to go through an FFL.

37 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

2011 has a chassis ? Do you mean the frame ?

Plastic vs steel. Do you think your going to be able to buy a steel DMX grip module for 200$ ?

So nobody’s seen the chassis out of the gun ?

A4CF6325-B5BE-456B-8EEC-04223C35E5E7.jpeg.8c3ac48ab2674f5a77317c8ed5a01568.jpeg

So what's the verdict on the DWX?

Really bizarre the amount of hype around the gun for years and years, seemed like everybody couldn't wait for it to be released. Now that it's out I've seen very little in the way of info about the gun outside of this thread. 

1 minute ago, CC3D said:

Really bizarre the amount of hype around the gun for years and years, seemed like everybody couldn't wait for it to be released. Now that it's out I've seen very little in the way of info about the gun outside of this thread. 

It's my most favorite handgun by a wide margin.

22 hours ago, CC3D said:

Was thinking the same. 50 pages of hype and I never hear about it now. Maybe the delay lost people's attention?

21 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

From what you can see is it a possible open gun ?

looks like the chassis extends past the trigger guard a fair amount. 
might be issues for drilled and taped mount holes. 

If you line up the slidestop holes, seems like it ends at the triggerguard. Whether it can handle major or not, I have no idea.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:08 AM, jlficken said:

Was it ever determined if these have a forged or cast frame?

there are no cast or mim  components in the dwx. Everything is either from forging or billet. (Frame is forged)

Edited by Ajohnson15

One of my only issues with cz is the availability of parts. 
so having a chassis system gun sounds cool , but if you can’t  buy replacement parts or different parts to change your guns configuration what’s the point.
  And I doubt they will ever change this. It’s always been “just send your gun in and we’ll replace it.”
What good is that.

how long have checkmate barrels been out of stock or when’s the last time you saw a tactical sport slide on there web store. 

Edited by Superkaratemonkeyfighter

4 minutes ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

One of my only issues with cz is the availability of parts. 
so having a chassis system gun sounds cool , but if you can’t  buy replacement parts or different parts to change your guns configuration what’s the point.
  And I doubt they will ever change this. It’s always been “just send your gun in and we’ll replace it.”
What good is that.

how long have checkmate barrels been out of stock or when’s the last time you saw a tactical sport slide on there web store. 

How often do you change your gun configuration?  I don't know about you, but I shoot my guns 🙂

10 hours ago, lroy said:

Was thinking the same. 50 pages of hype and I never hear about it now. Maybe the delay lost people's attention?

If you line up the slidestop holes, seems like it ends at the triggerguard. Whether it can handle major or not, I have no idea.

Right...even videos about it...hardly anything.

2 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Right...even videos about it...hardly anything.

I bought one as soon as I could find it.  I love the feel of it.  It shoots great, I'm patiently waiting to get it back from cgw so I can get more time behind it,  I'll probably adjust the trigger weight a little bit when it comes back.  I prefer it to be a bit lighter than it currently is.