Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this message recently from Brownells. Unsure if this is hopeful news or not...

I apologize for the delay in response to your email. Your item,  DWX LIGHT RAIL 9MM is still showing out of stock. The latest information we have from the manufacturer is that it will be available by the beginning of September.  This is an approximate availability time, there are no guarantees.

Thank you for being a valued  Brownells Customer

23 hours ago, LynnG said:

I got this message recently from Brownells. Unsure if this is hopeful news or not...

I apologize for the delay in response to your email. Your item,  DWX LIGHT RAIL 9MM is still showing out of stock. The latest information we have from the manufacturer is that it will be available by the beginning of September.  This is an approximate availability time, there are no guarantees.

Thank you for being a valued  Brownells Customer

Doubtful. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the original estimate in January lol.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 1911vm said:

I have been saying this will be my Christmas present.  I guess I should have been specified which year. Lmao 

I will buy it from you as a used one after I sell my Shadow 4  .😉

Edited by yigal

I wish I would have thought of this in the beginning of the year and started taking pictures of my self everyday waiting for the release of DWX.  Than creat a slide show.  It would have been hilarious as a now have a full Corona beard.  

On 9/21/2020 at 5:30 AM, 1911vm said:

I wish I would have thought of this in the beginning of the year and started taking pictures of my self everyday waiting for the release of DWX.  Than creat a slide show.  It would have been hilarious as a now have a full Corona beard.  

What upsets me is they're keeping us in the dark. No updates, no new pictures on insta or FB, nothing.

I actually talked to some CZ reps today and they’re just as bent as we all our.  When covid hit the Dw factory was shuttered and the DWX was a victim of that. The one guy joked that there are four dwx on the planet. Two with the atf and two with their marketing department 

1 minute ago, Nathanb said:

I actually talked to some CZ reps today and they’re just as bent as we all our.  When covid hit the Dw factory was shuttered and the DWX was a victim of that. The one guy joked that there are four dwx on the planet. Two with the atf and two with their marketing department 

how do you spell BS

1 minute ago, Nathanb said:

Call it what you want.  These are guys who want to get their hands on dwx so they can sell them. I got to handle about 30k in cz firearms today thanks to them 

anything cool?

41 minutes ago, eerw said:

anything cool?

Lots of cool including an a01-ld and suppressed scorpion sbrs and brens. The whole line up was out there. Full size compact and subcompact p10s with and without dots and then a few custom shop pieces. Wa

18 hours ago, 1911vm said:

The BS part is them using Covid as an excuse.  state shutdown  started March 22 not January 1st .  Covid as an excuse, gun was not ready period.  

Don't agree. Lead-times of material / parts can be long, very long. It's normal to announce / market a gun and have it available x Months later (in motorcycle business even a year is normal). Where I agree is no more information since the first pictures. An estimate of availability should be possible by now...

19 hours ago, 1911vm said:

The BS part is them using Covid as an excuse.  state shutdown  started March 22 not January 1st .  Covid as an excuse, gun was not ready period.  

I don't know, the company I work for almost ran out of wood about 2 months back. If we had, we'd of been dead in the water. It was like us trying to buy primers now. I'm sure that other industries have had to deal with similar issues. I could see them pushing this back to save resources just like we passed on projects we didn't know if we could get wood for. 

Sure if you are looking through today's lense maybe.  But by March 22 there should have been samples out there and I am not talking about the few unicorns and only 1 person in this thread that shot it on a stage were you can even see the gun. All jokes aside.  If covid-19 never happened I doubt we would see it now. Or even this year.  Even though they said first quarter date.  Which is Jan 1 to Mar 31