Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot a 320 X5 Legion today!

VU2AKILL

There was a big demo days out at the local range today that we decided to check out.  Walked up to the Sig booth and they had a new Legion.  Reps said it was the first production one they had seen.  Got to shoot a couple mags through it.  It has a nice weight to it and is very balanced in the hand.  Shooting factory ammo, the recoil was minimal and easily controlled.  Reps said that they should be shipping to dealers next week so it won't be long now!

56671.jpeg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/30/2019 at 4:09 PM, BillR1 said:

Was there a considerable difference between the Legion and a standard X5?

It is quite a bit heavier than the stock x5. One of my shooting buddies has a decked out X5 with the tungsten guide rod and it is still 4 oz lighter than the Legion.  I felt like the Legion shot very flat.  Would have liked to try it with a dot to see how much bounce there was.  Will the Legion be a night and day difference over the Standard X5?  Maybe flatter but who knows.  I cannot believe they send 17 rounds mags with it though.  Total bummer!!

Hopefully someone can give their experiences with the Q5 SF vs this in the near future since there what a lot of people will compare it to, hypothetically, especially with the price difference.  I'm just jealous because I haven't had my hands on either yet.

30 minutes ago, lfine said:

Hopefully someone can give their experiences with the Q5 SF vs this in the near future since there what a lot of people will compare it to, hypothetically, especially with the price difference.  I'm just jealous because I haven't had my hands on either yet.

QF is to small for my hand length wise.

When I press the mag release the mag won't drop unless I move my hand.

X5 is just barely long enough and with the silcarb I built up the size to fit.

Fwiw big palm short fingers.

Well I have one of these on order.  If they did infact ship this week, it shouldn't be long now.  I am looking forward to see how these shoot compared to the original.  

The one thing I really hope is that they shortened the reset.  I know all their ads say they reduced the overall weight, but the reset was always a bit long for my liking.

On a side note, Sig is running a promo this month that is suppose to include the X5 legion.  $200 Sig store credit if purchased by the end of the month.

1 hour ago, dansedgli said:

I bet its the same FCU with a new trigger that lightens the pull like just fitting the gray guns trigger and nothing else.

Fingers crossed though.

The trigger was pretty good but a little "gritty".  Would probably break in nicely though.

1 hour ago, jrn1975 said:

Well I have one of these on order.  If they did infact ship this week, it shouldn't be long now.  I am looking forward to see how these shoot compared to the original.  

The one thing I really hope is that they shortened the reset.  I know all their ads say they reduced the overall weight, but the reset was always a bit long for my liking.

On a side note, Sig is running a promo this month that is suppose to include the X5 legion.  $200 Sig store credit if purchased by the end of the month.

The reset was what I did not care for.  Like you said, it was too long.  I have asked my local SIG Elite dealer if they have heard anything about them being shipped and they did not.  Guess you can't always believe the reps.  Ha ha.

3 hours ago, jrn1975 said:

Just an FYI, looking at Sig's website it does not specify the X5 Legion, only says P220, P226, and P229 for full size models eligible for the credit.

1 hour ago, jcc7x7 said:

Called

X5 is NOT included in offer, due to not being sent to dealers on time for the promotion.

Well that sucks.  A lot of gun news sites were saying it would be included.  So I wonder if they actually started shipping.  Sig started to release a lot of promo adds on this gun on July 1st.

Just got back off the phone with Ryan at CS and he stated the guns have not started shipping.

My interpterion of when the grips will be available based on that conversation was "go to Helen our CS rep,  so in other word "go to HELen wait!"  

again that's not what he said the time frame would be but what I interpreted, what he meant! 

Edited by jcc7x7

The pictures show a different barrel on the new legion. I wonder if its had some chamber work. 

It has an LCI slot and doesn't have a bevelled corner compared to my x5.  Did they ever refer to the regular x5 barrel as "match grade"?

A dude on the sig forum found a legion at a store somewhere and posted a picture of the promo poster with the $200 thing on it. It had a p320 x5 legion on it. 

Edited by dansedgli

On 7/2/2019 at 8:43 AM, jcc7x7 said:

QF is to small for my hand length wise.

When I press the mag release the mag won't drop unless I move my hand.

X5 is just barely long enough and with the silcarb I built up the size to fit.

Fwiw big palm short fingers.

My experience matches yours I have a 320 X5 and handled a Q5 SF this weekend the X5 grip is just long enough for my hand actually wish it was 1/4in longer.  The Q5 SF felt about an inch shorter a lot of my hand was hanging off the heel I would be worried about jamming it into the magwell on reloads didn't like it at all felt almost the same length as a Glock 19 no idea why they would make a match gun with a carry size grip I didn't realize the germans had such small hands.

6 hours ago, jrn1975 said:

Well there is one on GunBroker right now with a buy it now price of $1499.  Let's hope we start seeing them show up at reasonable prices soon.  lol

I've seen them on pre order for $900 but someone will probably buy it just to one of the frist people to have one.

Won’t be available in California except in private party transfer from an eligible purchaser, such as law enforcement. Then the “mark-up” doubles the price.

226 SAOs go for $1900-2100 in California and are very hard to find.

12 hours ago, coryf said:

One of my local shops posted up a pic yesterday of a legion they have in stock.  $899    

Does your local shop have a web presence?  Or willing to ship?