Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot a 320 X5 Legion today!

VU2AKILL

I have seen this question somewhere before but never saw a definitive answer. Do you think someone will be able to stipple the grip of this gun? Some people were thinking that the material that the grip is made of would not allow it.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I got to shoot mine today. My thoughts:

1. Feel...really amazing. The gun recovers quickly between shots and feels solid. I was using the 14# spring and 132pf loads.

2. Accuracy...not bad. I don't (yet?) shoot it as well as my other X5, but I guess that's to be expected with a different trigger and recoil feel.

Now the single real negative...WTF was Sig thinking with the hole in the top of the barrel hood?? After 100 rounds, the front lens on my DPP showed a noticeable carbon pattern. I understand the hole is for a LCI, but the X5 doesn't have one of those! Really confused on that one. I'll probably need to wipe the lens before every stage, or at least every other stage at a USPSA match. 

All in all, it's a nice gun and a likely a keeper. I need to shoot it a lot more!

Yea, the LCI hole in the barrel sucks doesn't it.  I never had to clean my Romeo on my original X5.

The carbon build reminded me of shooting my open gun with top holes lol

The gun does shoot really well though.  A noticable difference from the original X5.

1 hour ago, jrn1975 said:

Yea, the LCI hole in the barrel sucks doesn't it.  I never had to clean my Romeo on my original X5.

The carbon build reminded me of shooting my open gun with top holes lol

The gun does shoot really well though.  A noticable difference from the original X5.

If you have a previous X5, couldn’t you just swap out the barrel into the legion slide or get a bar-sto fitted?

honestly, I got my slide cut for a dpp and am just anxiously waiting for the grip module 

26 minutes ago, mellino19 said:

If you have a previous X5, couldn’t you just swap out the barrel into the legion slide or get a bar-sto fitted?

honestly, I got my slide cut for a dpp and am just anxiously waiting for the grip module 

Nope, the barrels are different. I just looked at that idea.

I’m gonna buy one but I am pissed that the 3 17rd mags are worthless to me since I shoot carry optics. Hopefully I’ll find someone to trade out some 21 rounders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, rocket99 said:

I’m gonna buy one but I am pissed that the 3 17rd mags are worthless to me since I shoot carry optics. Hopefully I’ll find someone to trade out some 21 rounders

You could always just buy the +5 extensions.   I am thinking of going that route and use my 21 rounders for dryfire.  It would add another .8 ounces weight to the overall package.

Not sure if I got poor info from Sig CS, or if they've reversed position, but I emailed Sig asking about the Legion promo, saying that I'd seen promo ads with and without the Legion 320 on it and if it was part of the promo or not.   Even the promo ad that does not show the 320 anymore states ""Offer valid on any new full-size or compact Legion purchased between July 1-31" 

The response I got was "The P320 X5 Legion eligible as long as all other eligibility requirements are met."

Not sure I'd want to bet $200 on it, since we've seen conflicting answers from Sig CS before, nor would I make a purchase counting on that $200, but if you've already bought one, it might be worth submitting for it just in case.   You just never know, there was a similar situation with a $200 rebate back on Bushnell Tactical optics when GAP was blowing out for 4.5-18 LHRS scopes for $750, there were posts saying it would not qualify, did the paperwork, and a couple months later a $400 check showed up. 

23 minutes ago, toddm said:

Not sure if I got poor info from Sig CS, or if they've reversed position, but I emailed Sig asking about the Legion promo, saying that I'd seen promo ads with and without the Legion 320 on it and if it was part of the promo or not.   Even the promo ad that does not show the 320 anymore states ""Offer valid on any new full-size or compact Legion purchased between July 1-31" 

The response I got was "The P320 X5 Legion eligible as long as all other eligibility requirements are met."

Not sure I'd want to bet $200 on it, since we've seen conflicting answers from Sig CS before, nor would I make a purchase counting on that $200, but if you've already bought one, it might be worth submitting for it just in case.   You just never know, there was a similar situation with a $200 rebate back on Bushnell Tactical optics when GAP was blowing out for 4.5-18 LHRS scopes for $750, there were posts saying it would not qualify, did the paperwork, and a couple months later a $400 check showed up. 

I emailed them as well yesterday when the P320 X5 wasn't an option on the rebate site.  I haven't received a response, but I just checked and you can select the X5 now.. Time to see what happens.

Thanks

8 hours ago, jrn1975 said:

I emailed them as well yesterday when the P320 X5 wasn't an option on the rebate site.  I haven't received a response, but I just checked and you can select the X5 now.. Time to see what happens.

Thanks

I just submitted my info, and didn’t appear to have any problems. 

19 hours ago, rocket99 said:

Like another commented mentioned I'd just buy some +5 extensions, you'll most likely end up buying basepads for the 21rd mags anyways so might as well just buy extensions for the 17rd mags to get to 22rds, then grams follower kits to get 23rds.

Be careful with the 21 round mags.  Sounds like the older 21 round mags need to be modified to work in the new Legion.  Evidently Gen 2 21 round mag base plates with a square access/button in the floor plate are fine, but older ones with a round button need modification to fit.    Sig even needed a gen 2 21 round magazine in less than 2 years. 🙄

Anyone that has 21 round mags, not sure what modification is needed, but you can get just the gen 2 base pad to update for about $15 a pop.

Fondled one at the range Friday night.  Liked the weight.  As with the standard grip, I don't think it has near enough texture to keep it from slipping in competitive use.  

Please let us know what you guys find out about the $200 credit.

16 minutes ago, Robertwil18 said:

Anyone one stippled, dremeled or modified the Legion grip just yet?  I'm curious how it goes with the tungsten infused grip module.  

Mine will be getting a silicon carbide grit job and I’ll update when done. 

21 hours ago, toddm said:

Be careful with the 21 round mags.  Sounds like the older 21 round mags need to be modified to work in the new Legion.  Evidently Gen 2 21 round mag base plates with a square access/button in the floor plate are fine, but older ones with a round button need modification to fit.    Sig even needed a gen 2 21 round magazine in less than 2 years. 🙄

Anyone that has 21 round mags, not sure what modification is needed, but you can get just the gen 2 base pad to update for about $15 a pop.

I didn't have any problems testing my 21 rounders. The dimensions on the grip seem identical to the existing X5 grips. 

Well if they have the round button floorplate then the best I can say is at least one user has reported the round button version did not fit theirs, and someone else had replied that it was a known issue with the early round button version vs the square 2nd gen.    I don't have any of the round button version to test, only the square, unfortunately. It makes me think they switched fairly early on because my X-five was bought in mid 18' and had all square button versions.

Thread in question: https://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/354862-p320-x-five-legion-magazine.html

2 hours ago, toddm said:

Well if they have the round button floorplate then the best I can say is at least one user has reported the round button version did not fit theirs, and someone else had replied that it was a known issue with the early round button version vs the square 2nd gen.    I don't have any of the round button version to test, only the square, unfortunately. It makes me think they switched fairly early on because my X-five was bought in mid 18' and had all square button versions.

Thread in question: https://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/354862-p320-x-five-legion-magazine.html

Okay. That might be before they profiled the wings. Ditch those base pads and get some Springer Precision ones anyway with Grams Springs. 21 is good but 23 plus 1 is better. 

I believe it's a credit to be used in the Sig Store online.   Hard to say if there are any strings attached, doesn't seem so from the promo details. Prices there are not great, but better than nothing.  It does look like you only have 60 days to spend it from the last day of the promotion submission date, so depending on when you submit and when they process it might be less than 60 days.

I remember getting a $100 credit at Eurooptic once, thinking it was a great deal but then finding out it could only be used on full priced items, it was actually hard to use because most of the stuff there I buy is already on sale and didn't qualify for the $100 off.   You also could not use it on an online order it had to be phoned in. 

Edited by toddm

Yeah, store credit. I got an email response that said it could take up to 4 weeks to process. And, when you register your Legion with Sig, they send out a carbon fiber-looking hard case & some kind of coin. Whooptie do.  

I called Springer Precision and they do not have an ETA for a plate to make the Romeo3MAX compatible with the X5 Legion.  So far it appears only the backordered Romeo1Pro and Deltapoint Pro are options?

Just now, Stician said:

I called Springer Precision and they do not have an ETA for a plate to make the Romeo3MAX compatible with the X5 Legion.  So far it appears only the backordered Romeo1Pro and Deltapoint Pro are options?

Although they're on the more expensive side, I'd recommend just getting the Deltapoint Pro IMO.