Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fastest way to remove military crimp?

What’s your thoughts on this guys? I use an RCBS prep station with a decrimping attachment but after 100 or so pieces, my hands start to cramp up. I have about 70k worth to do of 223.

I've heard of people using a number two Phillips drill bit on a drill. Using the Lyman with a drill, and tons of others. 

I need FAST and EFFICIENT! 

Go!

Edited by TheArmoredShop

16 hours ago, George16 said:

I’m using a Dillon super swager. It makes it easy to decrimp all those military brass.

I also use the super swager.  I didn't do 70k but 25k or so.  Just did it whenever I was just sitting watching television.

10 hours ago, Chris777 said:

For around $400 bucks you could buy 6k of processed 223 brass and just re-use it.. 

Where is this? Link please? Everywhere I’ve looked 1000 pcs of processed brass costs 100+ bucks. 

I dont mind the process as i as I really enjoy this as a side hobby. Once I decrimp the brass it’s done for good. 

On 2/27/2019 at 2:56 AM, TheArmoredShop said:

Where is this? Link please? Everywhere I’ve looked 1000 pcs of processed brass costs 100+ bucks. 

I dont mind the process as i as I really enjoy this as a side hobby. Once I decrimp the brass it’s done for good. 

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/dept/reloading/rifle-brass/5-point-56-nato

On 2/24/2019 at 5:26 PM, George16 said:

I’m using a Dillon super swager. It makes it easy to decrimp all those military brass.

On 2/24/2019 at 7:03 PM, oteroman said:

Cheap
Get a Dillon Swager
Sell it when your done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 2/25/2019 at 10:17 AM, RichJacot said:

I also use the super swager.  I didn't do 70k but 25k or so.  Just did it whenever I was just sitting watching television.

just curious, I have never used the super swager, how long would that take to swage 70k rounds?

Edited by Butterpuc

Go to YouTube
Search Dillon swager.
Watch the speed then you will get your answer.
By now you should have all your questions answered.
Time to make a decision and move on.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...