Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

3 hours ago, BoyGlock said:

Its stock. Only a red dot was added. Ammo is armscor 1,250+ fps

1/75 is not enough. Not even near comparable to my 1301c. 

verify all three of the gas ports have been drilled all the way threw and are the same diameter 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

I mean the magazines not working, yes that's something that needs looked at, but 1 in 75 shots misreading? At that point just extract the round with the charging handle and keep going 

I release the mag and jammed round at the same time while holding the bolt retracted and insert a fresh mag. The jammed round is only on the chamber mouth angled up on the ramp and cannot be ejected via extractor. 

After shooting a 32 rd all shotgun course about 10 mins ago I can confirm two things
1. My bleeding finger absolutely needs a larger charging handle. This little nub just doesnt do it. 
2. 28 rd mag is a novelty and the 19 rd is way more worth it. All the 28 rd mag gave me was misfeeds and problems 

Colorado 3 gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After shooting a 32 rd all shotgun course about 10 mins ago I can confirm two things
1. My bleeding finger absolutely needs a larger charging handle. This little nub just doesnt do it. 
2. 28 rd mag is a novelty and the 19 rd is way more worth it. All the 28 rd mag gave me was misfeeds and problems 
If you plan and shoot to it that CH never even comes into play. My 28 runs all day long and in multiple guns ... Talk to Tooth if yours doesnt

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Glad to hear this. Just got 2-19rd mags tonight. I could justify the cost of the 28rd mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a reply from Elftmann today.. within 20 mins of sending them an email

Hello Phil.

Thank you for your inquiry. We are currently having serious discussion about making the VR80 our next trigger to release. Nothing has been officially decided. We have recently just completed the Savage which will come out in the next few weeks. I would say there is a good chance the VR80 will be one of our next projects.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Elftmann - GTB

1 hour ago, Underwood said:

Got a reply from Elftmann today.. within 20 mins of sending them an email

This is good news.  If Tooth and Nail doesn't ship my pre-order next week like they said, I will be cancelling the order and looking for something else.  

On 7/6/2019 at 8:42 AM, AverageJoeShooting said:

TACCOM will have news on a kick butt charge handle by this next Friday......with an off chance of even having them available.

On 7/6/2019 at 7:42 AM, AverageJoeShooting said:

The bolt release is an angry piece of metal in a terrible place and has claimed several chunks of flesh from my hand while charging the gun!!

After several hundred rounds my sg jams badly on hot slug ammo 1oz at 1,600 fps. Bird and buck are 100% in std and reduced loads. All Armscor ammo, other brands are not in market, gas valve is std in the gun no spare. Everything is stock including mags. What and where to look?  Dont have gs near me to look into it so it will be all diy proposition. 

Eta. Jams are all misfeeds. Retrack bolt a little and push it gently forward to chamber the round. 

Edited by BoyGlock

On 7/4/2019 at 4:24 PM, outerlimits said:

solved...

IMG_2552.jpg

Just got my gun today.  Went to break it in and burnt my hand a bit.   I’m guessing that’s why you have a wrap!   What are you using and how is it holding up?   I was thinking just athletic tape...

12 hours ago, SQUIDload said:

Just got my gun today.  Went to break it in and burnt my hand a bit.   I’m guessing that’s why you have a wrap!   What are you using and how is it holding up?   I was thinking just athletic tape...

credit craig outzen for this.  its zeo toxon insulation wrap.