Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

25 minutes ago, ctay said:

I don't just take the comp off to clean, I've taken it off specifically because I needed a tighter pattern on a stage. Never change the choke as it isn't needed - the difference in the comp vs non comp spread is as much variability as I need from chokes.

What differences do you notice comp vs no comp?  Do you have the long or short version?

Edited by SQUIDload

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, SQUIDload said:

What differences do you notice choke vs no choke?  Do you have the long or short version?

I wouldnt run no choke. I ran choke less for a few matches and I was hitting targets but not hitting them hard enough to knock them over. Also it destroys your threads 

3 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

I wouldnt run no choke. I ran choke less for a few matches and I was hitting targets but not hitting them hard enough to knock them over. Also it destroys your threads 

I meant to say COMP...sorry.  Post edited.

1 hour ago, SQUIDload said:

Are the spring standard AR Springs?  I have some light springs I could drop in if so!

Some of us have used the JP spring , but i was wondering if the others that have ordered triggers from tooth and nail have received them and had a chance to give us a review on them 

3 minutes ago, Underwood said:

Some of us have used the JP spring , but i was wondering if the others that have ordered triggers from tooth and nail have received them and had a chance to give us a review on them 

Is that a standard spring or special for VR80?

10 hours ago, SQUIDload said:

I read some old posts (correct me if I'm wrong or missing something).  It sounds like you think the threads on the comp will wear and create misaligned comp and barrel.  Sound right?  anything else?

Right. W/the greater pressure being redirected by a comp in a sg vs a pistol and rifle, I think its quite a concern. There must be reasons why in pistols and rifles we donot disassemble them often. In Sg accuracy in birds may be negligent but the fit and function of the comp may not last long. 

Eta. Could be the barrel thread w/c ever comes first. 

Edited by BoyGlock

I pre-ordered a trigger but haven't gotten anything yet. Did the get the email as to why the delay. I'd rather wait and get something that works well than get it quickly only to have to return it.

As for comps. I have the short one and it helps noticeably. Problem is, it isn't open enough in the inside diameter to allow for choke tube removal. Taccom has one in the works that will solve all the issues of the one sold by Advanced Tactical.  

9 hours ago, IHMSA15151 said:

I pre-ordered a trigger but haven't gotten anything yet. Did the get the email as to why the delay. I'd rather wait and get something that works well than get it quickly only to have to return it.

As for comps. I have the short one and it helps noticeably. Problem is, it isn't open enough in the inside diameter to allow for choke tube removal. Taccom has one in the works that will solve all the issues of the one sold by Advanced Tactical.  

The Briley Choke tube wrench works perfectly.

9 hours ago, IHMSA15151 said:

Taccom is designing a wrench or choke?