Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Why would you do that

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Because after cutting off the base pad post of roughly 2.5” I’m just squeezing in one extra round. So either the follower is extremely deep or the spring is taking up all the space. It just seems like there is an enormous amount of wasted space in the bottom of the mag. I’ll take it apart again and see exactly how much space. 

Because after cutting off the base pad post of roughly 2.5” I’m just squeezing in one extra round. So either the follower is extremely deep or the spring is taking up all the space. It just seems like there is an enormous amount of wasted space in the bottom of the mag. I’ll take it apart again and see exactly how much space. 
I'd think w the weight and friction of a 12g stack you would want as much ass being the spring as possible. Sure the basepads I just added removed some of that spring pressure but I haven't run them yet to see how they are doing and if spring fatigue issues will show up sooner than without

2 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

I'd think w the weight and friction of a 12g stack you would want as much ass being the spring as possible. Sure the basepads I just added removed some of that spring pressure but I haven't run them yet to see how they are doing and if spring fatigue issues will show up sooner than without

The RIA mag springs are a LOT stronger than the springs in my 12 and 20rd mags for my Lynx shotgun. I have wondered why they need to be so strong. I did find out during a match on Sat that installing a spring backwards in a 10rds mag will cause misfeeds. 

3 minutes ago, hump said:

The RIA mag springs are a LOT stronger than the springs in my 12 and 20rd mags for my Lynx shotgun. I have wondered why they need to be so strong. I did find out during a match on Sat that installing a spring backwards in a 10rds mag will cause misfeeds. 

I thought the spring looked the same either way...s#!t. I’ll pull a new one apart again. By backwards are you talking end for end or rotated and facing the wrong way? Thanks

This pubs are pretty firm and you’ll be pushing them through with something so it’s not like parts will go flying. Just take pics before you start. I did top pin, safety, then bottom pin. Just take things out easy and snap a pic of the way the springs are oriented before you pull them off. It’s about as easy as it gets. Just don’t lose that damn circlip...that guy likes to fly!

11 hours ago, WWG1WGA said:

I thought the spring looked the same either way...s#!t. I’ll pull a new one apart again. By backwards are you talking end for end or rotated and facing the wrong way? Thanks

Rotated facing the wrong way. 

27 minutes ago, PepperMD2001 said:

So I got that Tooth and Nail trigger installed today. It feels a ton better. Will take it to the range tomorrow. 

Ran the gun with the long comp last weekend. Did great with birdshot but not with the slugs. Kinda weird. 

Any chance you put a trigger pull scale on it? Would love to know the lbs compared to just the yellow spring. 

1 hour ago, WWG1WGA said:

How high are you guys mounting your mag hangers? The 9 round mags are pretty straight forward but what about the 19 round mags?  What’s working for you guys?

1 hour ago, WWG1WGA said:

How high are you guys mounting your mag hangers? The 9 round mags are pretty straight forward but what about the 19 round mags?  What’s working for you guys?

I run mine with the shells up.

Just bring it straight up into the magwell.

If I remember correctly, when I timed it both ways, for ME, shells up is faster. Just over a second.

B2132512-812A-4DC4-BDE2-9226434AA226.jpeg

7 minutes ago, RH45 said:

I run mine with the shells up.

Just bring it straight up into the magwell.

If I remember correctly, when I timed it both ways, for ME, shells up is faster. Just over a second.

B2132512-812A-4DC4-BDE2-9226434AA226.jpeg

Just wait till you have that 1 match where you grab the mag and flip it and try to insert the mag from the bottom

On 2/5/2019 at 1:47 PM, IntenseImage said:

Does the VR80 shoot slugs well ... Yes, yes it does. 3-shot 50yd group while only supporting the front off the rest. Carlson LM choke with Fiocchi 7/8th oz low recoil slugs.09ae8927dd026c1aeb8bf544133a5c6c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you happen to shoot any at 100 yards?   Mine stacks them at 50 like yours but isn't as impressive at 100.   I shot the  plain lead Xtreme slugs from Freedom.  Are yours copper plated or plain lead?

Did you happen to shoot any at 100 yards?   Mine stacks them at 50 like yours but isn't as impressive at 100.   I shot the  plain lead Xtreme slugs from Freedom.  Are yours copper plated or plain lead?
Coated lead ... Haven't grouped at 100, but have shot that far in matches

1 hour ago, VU2AKILL said:

I’m having trouble grouping mine at 50 yards. Wondering if it’s the scope. Got an AT3 red dot on it but it’s spreading them all over the place. Ten to twelve inch groups.  May try just using the iron sights and see how that goes. Shooting Winchester slugs. Have the modified choke (which is what I plan to run it with). 

And I love that new trigger from Tooth and Nail. Vast improvement.   

Edited by PepperMD2001