Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

I did.  Also rounded the back of the 2 tabs that fit into the upper. Before I did this it would occasionally stub a shell into one of the tabs.  Which deformed the end of the shell and caused FTF.  So far no more FTF. 

This mod also makes disassembly easier. The rounded tabs allow the upper to pivot on the front pin, like a standard ar15.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, TRUBL said:

Brass set screw......nope, you will not mar the threads. We will suggest a locktite as well. The thread is a #8-32 and the set screw is 3/16” long.....you can tighten it enough to lock, but it you really bear down on it.....you be needing with the second brass screw provided or a re-tap to 10-32......in any event, you’ll not bugger up the threads on the barrel or crush anything on the barrel.

Thanx, Tim.  I assume the comp still has to come off every time you wanna clean the gas system?

21 minutes ago, outerlimits said:

Thanx, Tim.  I assume the comp still has to come off every time you wanna clean the gas system?

Nope! He has some magic working for him on that one

Edited by IntenseImage

21 hours ago, outerlimits said:

Absolutely not!!! We designed the brake so that the hand guard slips over it. And we have designed retainers that replace the factory ones, that are split.....it’s really innovative and easy. The brake is very effective too!! I am sending the brakes off for anodize on Monday and we will be shipping the week after next

3 hours ago, TRUBL said:

Absolutely not!!! We designed the brake so that the hand guard slips over it. And we have designed retainers that replace the factory ones, that are split.....it’s really innovative and easy. The brake is very effective too!! I am sending the brakes off for anodize on Monday and we will be shipping the week after next

great design-now all you need to do is make those gas components 2 piece so we can take them off the barrel & clean them.

Anyone in the industry have plans for a larger charging handle?  Something aluminum or titanium with knurling would be a huge plus.

(I know Taccom has an ambi handle.  That design is not fitting my need.)

Edited by GSonnen

My VR80 20 rd drum mag is giving me fits with FTF issues. When I first got it, it ran fine.  

The gun went through it's terrible 2s where nothing ran reliably. I took off the big comp  (and gave it away), cleaned the shotgun, and now 5, 10, and 19 rd run reliably with bird buck and slug. The drum will nose up FTF every 1-3 rounds.  When I insert the drum, it has vertical  play at the mag catch. It's likely not more than 1/16".

I removed the TACCOM buffer and went back to factory, the tube is screwed out to a point that all the stick mags work. Other than the Tooth&Nail trigger, it's basically stock.

Any thoughts?

Thinking for mags and mag extensions....

I picked up a VR80 a few weeks ago and am still going through breakin with it all stock.  But I do notice the mag latch / release seems "funky".  From the feel it seems to me the mag is dragging on the latch arm in removing the mag from the magwell with the release button pushed.

It also seems when I push the mag release the latch arm can get bound up in the receiver.  There was a time or two when the magazine would not pull out of the magwell as I pushed the button.

Has anyone else seen anything about the mag latch fit or operation?  Does anyone know if I can adjust the depth of the latch arm in the receiver like an AR mag latch?  I have not yet tried to disassembly my mag latch yet...

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Powerslide91 said:

Thinking for mags and mag extensions....

I picked up a VR80 a few weeks ago and am still going through breakin with it all stock.  But I do notice the mag latch / release seems "funky".  From the feel it seems to me the mag is dragging on the latch arm in removing the mag from the magwell with the release button pushed.

It also seems when I push the mag release the latch arm can get bound up in the receiver.  There was a time or two when the magazine would not pull out of the magwell as I pushed the button.

Has anyone else seen anything about the mag latch fit or operation?  Does anyone know if I can adjust the depth of the latch arm in the receiver like an AR mag latch?  I have not yet tried to disassembly my mag latch yet...

Thanks.

yes, you can back off the latch arm, but only  couple turns.  but do polish the upper side of the latch that contacts the slot in the mag.