Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas or Akai

Tcotter2629

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m making the switch to open and am stuck between either an atlas chaos or an akai. Does anyone have some definitive differences between the two. Whichever it ends up being will be a 9mm Major 

thanks 
both great builders. how soon would you like to have it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For that time frame Atlas or Venom Custom who also builds nice stuff. 

I run an Akai, have shot a couple different Atlas guns and they are nice, but to me not the same level at least there Chaos models. Again they are awesome guns 

just not the same detail that Akai has. 

I have a 2nd Akai on order and this will be the 4th Akai that I have owned. I know the wait time is hard, but worth it. 

You can call Akai sometimes they have stuff in the works that someone has cancelled or that was just being built and that can reduce the wait time. 

Have a buddy who just got a chaos and its a nice gun, his wait was just over 90 days around 110 I think

People shooting akai are gonna tell you akai and vice versa. 

If possible try to shoot both. If that's not an option, you're gonna have to go with your gut. I've shot one from both and they're awesome so you really can't make a bad choice, IMO!

Also, like someone else here mentioned, give venom custom a look. You'll probably end up saving some $!

7 hours ago, TRPOperator said:

For that time frame Atlas or Venom Custom who also builds nice stuff. 

I run an Akai, have shot a couple different Atlas guns and they are nice, but to me not the same level at least there Chaos models. Again they are awesome guns 

just not the same detail that Akai has. 

I have a 2nd Akai on order and this will be the 4th Akai that I have owned. I know the wait time is hard, but worth it. 

You can call Akai sometimes they have stuff in the works that someone has cancelled or that was just being built and that can reduce the wait time. 

Have a buddy who just got a chaos and its a nice gun, his wait was just over 90 days around 110 I think

Does anyone have a performance comparison from venom to akai? First I’m hearing of venom customs 

1 hour ago, Gooldylocks said:
5 hours ago, Tcotter2629 said:
Does anyone have a performance comparison from venom to akai? First I’m hearing of venom customs 

A venom can be anything you want. If you can dream it up, Don can build it.

How is the fit and finish on venoms are they on par with the akai and atlas or do they look thrown together 

How is the fit and finish on venoms are they on par with the akai and atlas or do they look thrown together 
Very good, not thrown together at all. Look through the thread, there are lots of pictures in there of various guns. Also his FB is good to look at.

His guns are as well fit as anything I've ever messed with, be it from an STI up through a new SV.

As far as finish my gun is cerakoted, since Don is one of the best applicators in the country and does it himself (no wait time), but if you want it hard chrome or PVD that can certainly be arranged as well. Just more dollars and more days.

^^yep fit and finish is great. I say Akai 1. Because I have them 2. Because I tried several others before I chose Akai. There are several builders out there that make really nice stuff. In the time frame you want the gun in, it limits your choices. I have shot a chaos open, not an Atlas full custom and the fit and finish was very nice, but also noticable difference (less smooth etc) from the Akai. I have also shot SV, STI, and several other custom builders guns before going with Akai. 

Pick the one that looks the coolest to you, in the budget, and you get warm and fuzziest talking with the builder. 

I chose don at Venom, he was very up front while talking with. Literally anything you want he will build you. His build times will have you shooting a new gun by St Patrick's day. No other builder can do that at his price point.