Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Binary engineering comp

randy01

I do. I like them. I'm shooting 8gr of HS6 under a 124 Everglades with 1.15 AOL.

Making around 175-178 pf.

Gun is nice and flat.

What questions do you have?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm the same way and that's what made me go that way. I don't run holes and yes it actually works!

I'll upload a video later tonight or tomorrow of it in action. I'm actually at a match right now shooting it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Here is some testing that KA did...

and there is some CFD discussion in this thread:

And I use one on my 9mm STI with a Kart barrel and no holes. I like it but don't have a ton of comparison data for you...

I love mine. Have 3 on my current open guns. I did crack one after about 30K. This happened due to me tri topping the comp along with my slide. It left far too thin of an edge and I knew it would be an issue down the line before shooting it but I wanted to try it out. I have replace it and have tri topped the rear of the comp and have it tapered off before the ports. This allowed me to blend the slide into the new comp. The comp clocked a little bit which im sure contributed to this crack as it clocked on even tighter somehow.

Old Cracked Comp Below

87654.PNG.cad86bc98f381ec42c7c021b0e273b35.PNG

Replacement Comp Below

5432.PNG.9ddc84a4e3fd6a1df5890372e320de54.PNG

I put one on my 9 major CK gun (3 barrel holes) .  It shoots flatter than the stock comp and the dot goes straight up and down.  It's light and contributes to good balance.   I dig that there's science behind the design and understand "small-larger-huge" chamber sequence.   I'm happy with it.   

Edited by teros135

I have one on a steel gripped sti framed gun with 2 barrel ports.  9mm major shooting 124 jhp Montana Gold  over about 8 gr of Silhouette. Shoots flat and tracks straight not sure what else I could ask it to do.  Are there others that are better, maybe? I've had guns that were maybe flatter but not enough to matter. 

It's like anything else, once you shoot it enough and get used to it, you can work with anything.

As others have said the main goals of the CFD comp were to use some engineering fun to validate the design and layout of the ports while making the lightest weight comp around.  

It provides good dot tracking and makes the gun easy to point.  You can use it with or without holes, it's your choice on how to use the gas and I try and provide the charts to help show what that means in terms of forces.  A few guys have been using it on shorty setups and removing the third port, which makes it much shorter.  Again, you can look at the charts and see the effect of doing stuff like that.

I try and keep them in-stock to order direct off my website or at Shooters Connection when you are buying other stuff.  Thanks guys!

Edited by jid2

Randy01 here are a couple videos on the comp in action. (I thought I uploaded these here but they landed on kneelingatlas' thread on the same comp)

And I am also using jid2's slide! 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

dumb question i have a trubor 38super that i want to convert to 9mm over winter. i was looking at buying this comp . question is what barrel do you need? idk i guess you would either get a threaded 5.4in barrel or a 6 in bushing barrel and the gun smith turn it down and thread it? excused the dumb question . thank you

Yep. 5.4" threaded bull and have a Smith fit it to your gun

I've ran Jareds comp all year and love it. We try to keep them in stock at Shooters Connection for you guys and have his new two port design as well if you're building a shorty or want a shorter overall gun. 

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, caspian guy said:

Does anyone know if these comps are still being made? I've been checking shooters connection as well as the binary engineering website for a while and they seem persistently out of stock.  @jid2

Did you try this?

jared@binaryeng.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...