Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Binary engineering comp

randy01

On 10/23/2023 at 10:15 PM, attakmint said:

I have a gun with a two port Binary. What angles of pics would you like?

Anything really.  Just interested in How it looks.  Do you shoot major with it? I typically shoot locals with really spicy minor (yes declares minor at registration haha) and bump up the powder for a match I wanna place high in.  
does it work well with major PF? 

1 hour ago, SufferInSilence said:

Anything really.  Just interested in How it looks.  Do you shoot major with it? I typically shoot locals with really spicy minor (yes declares minor at registration haha) and bump up the powder for a match I wanna place high in.  
does it work well with major PF? 

https://imgur.com/a/b0BTArn

I have two popples. It's violent, but fast to cycle. I load 9.6 gr AA#7, Precision Delta 124 V2 JHP bullet. I chronoed 165 PF at my last Major, but I was loading 9.5 gr and I think my powder measure was throwing about .2 low on some of the batch I brought to the Major. 9.3 gr is just at 165, but it feels fine at 9.6 which is closer to 1400 FPS.

• 2 months later...

Yea I got a notice from shooter's connection last summer that they had them in stock. I immediately bought one to match the ones on my open guns. Till that point they had been out of stock for over a year.

On 1/8/2024 at 4:58 PM, kaseyj5056 said:

They are the best comps around. Good luck finding one though 

Check the Shooters Connection website Tuesday ;)

Edited by SSGJohnV

On 10/21/2023 at 1:01 PM, SufferInSilence said:

Anyone have any pics of the 2 port comp on a gun? I have one being fitted by my smith now.  

PXL_20240113_215048860.PORTRAITresize.thumb.png.edb3589313148ccea2c20e1d5126515e.pngI really like the BE 2-port on the pistol pictured above. Shoots good, even without holes. AA#7 115 gr PD V2 JHP.

It's worth mentioning- Tevo Sports and D2 Customs both offer stainless 2-port comps now. I have one of the D2s on hand for a future build and plan to purchase the Tevo as well. Can't speak to the performance of either yet, but the thought of not having to work with titanium is appealing.

8 hours ago, caspian guy said:

And there's someone who just might know something 😊

Ha! We have some three ports coming in very soon, I know that. Hoping to have them more consistently this year, but anything can happen. 

5 hours ago, Superkaratemonkeyfighter said:

Mostly seems like he’s make 3 ports now. 
was there 2ports in stock a time lately ?

Not yet. We hope to have them in the near future, though! 3 port comps are in stock and up on the Shooters Connection website. 

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Gun-Parts/1911-2011-Pistols/Compensator/Binary-Eng-CFD-Titanium-Compensator-Full-Profile-3-Port

• 4 weeks later...

I have the 2 and 3 port BE comps. I prefer the 3 port. My current setup is a middy with 3 port. My next build will be a full length with BE 3 port.

I'm just an A classified open shooter and prefer the softness of a full length rig.

I can tell you, I had a middy with an Atlas 2 port comp and that thing was harsh to shoot. The BE comps work MUCH better.

grp1 (Copy).jpg

20210324_153035 (Copy).jpg

20210324_153001 (Copy).jpg

12 minutes ago, BigBamBoo said:

I have the 2 and 3 port BE comps. I prefer the 3 port. My current setup is a middy with 3 port. My next build will be a full length with BE 3 port.

I'm just an A classified open shooter and prefer the softness of a full length rig.

I can tell you, I had a middy with an Atlas 2 port comp and that thing was harsh to shoot. The BE comps work MUCH better.

grp1 (Copy).jpg

20210324_153035 (Copy).jpg

20210324_153001 (Copy).jpg

Yep middy with 2 barrel ports and a 3 port BE comp is an excellent combination... Particularly if you use something like shooters world major or AA7 that makes enough gas to run it.

17 minutes ago, caspian guy said:

Yep middy with 2 barrel ports and a 3 port BE comp is an excellent combination... Particularly if you use something like shooters world major or AA7 that makes enough gas to run it.

Yes sir. My load is 10.1gr of AA7 with  124g MG's.

Flat and soft.