Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which is your favorite CZ and why?

Gcarr

11 hours ago, JMG said:

For my hands the CZ Shadow, Type 2 Target (CZ Customs) with scale grips is perfect in terms of ergonomics and trigger pull.  The Czechmate with scale grips is a close second, however, the trigger pull keeps getting lighter as I continue to shoot more rounds.  

The progressive decline of the Czechmate trigger pull force is interesting.  Has the trigger pull force ever finally plateaued? In other words, has it ever finally arrived at a minimum value and then stabilized there?  

My theory about why your trigger pull continues to decrease is this - there are two contributing factors: 1) The parts in contact with each other are continuing to polish each other where their contact occurs.  That's part of the reason why a pistol with thousands and thousands of rounds through it is smoother than an identical one that is brand new.  2) The springs involved are gradually fatiguing and losing strength.  

I do not have access to a metrology lab (and I sorely miss that), however, if I did, it would be very interesting to measure the spring rates of your springs over time and see if they continue to decrease.  A macro scale go/no go alternative to measuring your springs is to install all brand new springs in your pistol to see what effect that has on the trigger pull force, and to also see if it then remains constant or continues to fall over time. If it does continue to decline again, I'd say the spring metallurgy is incorrect, in one of two ways:  1) by design or 2) the specs are correct but the springs were not made in conformance to the specs. 

Edited by DCSigCZ

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Any love for the Kadet 2? It's such an awesome and reliable 22lr trainer. I just wish my 13lb hammer spring would set all of the rounds off so I wouldn't have to switch springs so often. 

I still like my sp01 shadow even after shooting it next to a shadow 2. I just can't get used to the serrations they used on the shadow 2. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

SJC Major 9mm 11 Port Aluminum Compensator

a6473b713f61e3d1369316_m__69648.13840522

Holy hell. So out of all the comps you've ever tried. What worked the best for your CZ? Your own build?

Edited by Sneexies

My apologies for interrupting the CZ Open Pistol series of posts... I have to ask a question:  Since a few here have mentioned the P-09, does anyone view their Phantom as their favorite CZ? I ask because, to me, its ergonomics are better than the P-09 and its weight is still “light” but on the high side for a polymer pistol; mine weighs in at 31 oz. with an empty magazine. The grip  also feels far better to me than I expected from looking at it in photos before iwas able to hold one. 

Hard to pick only one,,,, so here are my two favorites:

1. 1994 vintage  75 CZ Compact. Why? It is tight and wicked accurate for a 4" barrel production gun

2.  Tactical Sports. Why? Amazing trigger and great ergonomics. I have 9 & 40 top ends and it is a great system for USPSA Limited Major, Lim Minor, Steel Challenge & 3Gun. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 8:01 AM, DCSigCZ said:

My apologies for interrupting the CZ Open Pistol series of posts... I have to ask a question:  Since a few here have mentioned the P-09, does anyone view their Phantom as their favorite CZ? I ask because, to me, its ergonomics are better than the P-09 and its weight is still “light” but on the high side for a polymer pistol; mine weighs in at 31 oz. with an empty magazine. The grip  also feels far better to me than I expected from looking at it in photos before iwas able to hold one.  

My P-09 weighed in at the same amount, out of the box.

I'm fond of my P-09 because I can swap it between Limited and Carry Optics by swapping a slide and the safety/decocker lever.

Currently my 2 TS converted open guns.  An accu-shadow that I picked up a couple months ago is rekindling my interest in shooting production.

Contender for favorite might be a 97b I got in last week but I haven't shot it yet.  I'll know more once I get the LOK grips in and I get it out to the range.

Stainless P-01 with CZ Custom short DA system, short reset, Ghost hammer, and some Cajun fineries sprinkled in. Feels just like my SP-01 shadow albeit with a tiny bit longer of a reset. Some things that set this one apart from the rest - it has no set screws that can fail, and yet has a beautiful smooth short-reach DA trigger, thanks to some CZ Custom ingenuity. Its incredible looks, heft, and rarity, and also the safety functions as it should with fitted OEM sear so you can’t engage it with the hammer down in DA mode. It’s a jaw-dropper for sure. If I ever part with it, my Cajunized P-09 with Primary Machine slide cuts and stippling is the runner up. My wife actually likes the P-09 better, which surprises me a little, but that gun is a real sleeper
1a93911dd0936adf3cc115050313203c.jpg748d3793b04a0b4bd6e26c61b3af7a7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk