Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Magwell from Titan Rocket......

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, MikieM said:

I like it.

Fit-up is excellent, and it looks good. I stood beside the bed and did some reloads. Smooth as silk and uneventful. 

Since the magwell only guides the mag to the magwell that is built-in to the lower, it usually does not contact the mag once it is within the lower receiver.

There is a pretty wide gap between the magwell and mag, once the mag is seated, and that is the reason I was encouraging you to try it in the match.

I'll try it for sure in Arkansas, this coming Saturday.

My personal opinion is that these oversized magwell devices are more visual, than anything, by offering a larger target for the insertion of the magazine. That is to say, when we see an opening that large, at the bottom of our gun, we are more confident in our ability to hit it.

As we move through a stage, with our subconscious mind at the controls, we know from practice and competition where to stick the mag. I can't say as I ever feel the magazine funneling in. 

But, hey. It's got my name on it. ?

I somewhat disagree with you on this, I don't think it is visual because we really can't see the mag going into the magwell at all.  Since we are pretty much doing the reload from "muscle memory", without having our strong had as a reference like in a 1911, we need as much margin for error as possible.  Since we rarely reload during a match, most people don't practice doing them very much to develop perfect accuracy.   With the magwell in place, I can slightly miss the opening in the receiver and the magwell will correct me and guide it to the opening smoothly.  I can focus on making the angle of the incoming mag correct and the magwell takes care of the rest.    

I had several severely botched reloads on classifiers before installing the magwell, and none since.  

Having a magwell can make a big difference.  Try shooting CM 99-11 (El Prez) with and without a magwell and you'll see the difference.  Especially to those of us that have shot pistol for a long time and are used to bringing the pistol up into our "workspace"  for reloads.

Now if someone would just make one out of aluminum.

Could be as you say. It might indeed be harder to hit in the heat of battle.

But, on the other hand, if some of our colleagues can hit the bottom of a glock with speed and precision, I should think we could as well. 

3 hours ago, jualdeaux said:

Looks nice! 

What safety are you using on that thing?

I think it's the Battle Arms 60/90 something or other. It's been awhile since I put it on there.

43 minutes ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

Why aluminum? I like these 3Ds because they weigh almost nothing.

2 hours ago, MikieM said:

Could be as you say. It might indeed be harder to hit in the heat of battle.

But, on the other hand, if some of our colleagues can hit the bottom of a glock with speed and precision, I should think we could as well. 

I think it's the Battle Arms 60/90 something or other. It's been awhile since I put it on there.

Why aluminum? I like these 3Ds because they weigh almost nothing.

I tried a 3D printed magwell and returned it because it was way too flexible.

On 4/30/2018 at 9:27 AM, Tampa-XD45 said:

I’ve got one of these on way from this guy. His are very high quality and run about $65 at the moment:

Edited by MemphisMechanic
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had a problem with their Titan PCC magwell besides me?  The one that was sent for my PSA PCC is clearly not the correct version despite the labeling.  I've sent them two emails now, a week ago and then again this weekend,  with no response.   I'm wondering if I've made a mistake buying from them.

1129493658_20180509_165902_resized(360x640).jpg.6c45bd7333e5954ebb060f5881c33e25.jpg1050241953_20180509_165849_resized(360x640).jpg.2aff4b9df94994c522a3c42f91b4fa72.jpg

Edited by XD Niner

Looks like you might have a billet lower from PSA. They do not make one for that yet. It is on the works. The mag well you ordered and apparently received is model PSA-9 for the forged receiver. Yours lower is marked PSA-X9.

Just my .02 ........perhaps they will chime in shortly.

TC

42 minutes ago, XD Niner said:

Has anyone had a problem with their Titan PCC magwell besides me?  The one that was sent for my PSA PCC is clearly not the correct version despite the labeling.  I've sent them two emails now, a week ago and then again this weekend,  with no response.   I'm wondering if I've made a mistake buying from them.

1129493658_20180509_165902_resized(360x640).jpg.6c45bd7333e5954ebb060f5881c33e25.jpg1050241953_20180509_165849_resized(360x640).jpg.2aff4b9df94994c522a3c42f91b4fa72.jpg

Just like 2alphas said you have the billet PA-X9 not the forged lower PA-9. It states on the website that they are for the forged models only.   We are curently trying to finalize the design for the PA-X9 and will have it avalible soon.  If you would contact us through the contact link in the website we will try to take care of you 

My QC10 and M&P.22 fit perfect. My local friend also has has the PA-X9 going threw the same problem as you. The sent him a refund and will contact him when they have the PA-X9 version ready .

They have been quick to respond to any email ive sent. even late at night.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 6:07 PM, stick said:

I have a Bmiller magwell on my Forged PSA lower.  When they make one for my Gen3 PSA PX9 lower, I'll get one.

Any idea when they will be available?

They will be available very soon. The first prototypes have been printed and are being tested and so far things are looking good!

3 hours ago, bkfranklin22 said:

They will be available very soon. The first prototypes have been printed and are being tested and so far things are looking good!

Awesome news!  Hit me up when they are available, I'll get one!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Intel6 said:

What happened to the forged PSA magwells?  I had looked at them earlier and now I don't see them on the page?  Do you still make them?

We took them down until we could get the Billet PSA model finished because we had so many people ordering the forged and having the billet model.  they will be back up shortly or you can hit the contact button on our website and we can get you fixed up  with a forged model  Intel6!