Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ mag pouches question

Majority1775

I’m building my Production rig.  I’ve used CR Speed Versa pouches, well, in Limited for a Glock.  

I have a Red Hill Tactical Holster in my mailbox as we speak.  I need mag pouches advice.  I want DAA Racemaster pouches but the CZ mags didn’t fit with the thin inserts...does it just need the larger inserts?  

Are the DAA Racer pouches more CZ mag friendly?

Are the CR Speed pouches more CZ mag friendly?

Any other pouches I’m not discussing that are Production perfect?

I’m a typical bullets forward guy, not a bullets out.

thanks for any input based on your CZ mag experience.

I think DAA gear is some of the best on the market.  Contact DAA and ask what you need for your gear.  Use DAA in SS and will eventually switch to their pouches for Limited, Production, and CO (same basic model of pistol).  Only place I won't is PCC.

I use the DAA race master with the thin back, and thin side inserts on my shadow 2 mags.  You have to make sure the thin insert is locked in correctly and the tension screw is set all the way out.  I have not found another pouch that I like better, but I also run them bullets out with my 30" waist.  YMMV 

Have been using DAA Racer pouches for the Tactical Sports for two years (and before that for the M&P in 9mm, which has the same mag thickness). The thick spacer that comes with the pouches fits TS magazines perfectly.

So, which inserts are you all using on the DAA Racer pouches for CZ mags? Specifically the 17 round MecGar mags that ship with the Shadow 2. I am currently running the thick back and thick side with the adjustment all the way out. This setup is just a bit too tight but all of the others were way too loose? Am I missing something? 

So, which inserts are you all using on the DAA Racer pouches for CZ mags? Specifically the 17 round MecGar mags that ship with the Shadow 2. I am currently running the thick back and thick side with the adjustment all the way out. This setup is just a bit too tight but all of the others were way too loose? Am I missing something? 
I'm running mine just like yours and mine are also tight. It's not bothering me enough to shave any material off, yet. I've found that if I pull them out online with the pouch I don't have any issues, only when I pull them forward do I notice an issue.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, hlpressley said:

What i have done is use both the thick like you mentioned, but take the metal spring/tension piece that goes under the side piece and bend it so it's less curved. I hope that made sense.