Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow and 147 grain suggestions

andyivan

Have shot a lot of sns tc 147 with 3.2 titegroup in CZ's. Loaded to 1.15, when I tried shorter I had the occasional failure to feed. 

A little light in my CZ 75 compact, about 130 pf in my CTS, may be just a smidge light in your gun or may be close to spot on. 

I've been shooting 3.5 of TG with 1.058”.  Shoots clean, flat and accurate with 147 gr blue bullets in my Shadow 2.  I do need to chrono as I could probably go a bit lighter and make PF.

9 hours ago, bcp said:

I've been shooting 3.5 of TG with 1.058”.  Shoots clean, flat and accurate with 147 gr blue bullets in my Shadow 2.  I do need to chrono as I could probably go a bit lighter and make PF.

I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't at 140 pf with that load.  

Like Rowdy said, 3.2 with plated out of a S1has always got me around 130 pf.  The S2 barrels are faster plus lead is faster.  

I haven't settled on 3.5 but I do like the 147s.  I will drop down to 3.2 and try that.  I do want to be a little above minor PF and that load sounds like its working for many of you.  Thanks.

Wow, that is shorter and at least .3g more than I would use.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, HI5-O said:

Good info on TiteGroup.

Next time I'll get that instead of N320 (btw, I use 3.1 of N320 with an SNS 147 coated RN at 1.120" 131pf).

I made the switch from  TG and 231 to N320 in 40SW and regret doing so. I do not find all of the glowing reviews to be accurate in my case. The only benefit I have found is N320 runs cooler. Otherwise, it is just as dirty, harder to meter from a Dillon thrower, double the price, and no difference in recoil. If I hadn't spent so much on 8lbs of N320 I'd just fertilize my lawn with it and move back to TG or W231 immediately. YMMV