Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX New Glock PCC basepads!!

I bought a Mini and ran it for the first time this week in practice and at today's match.  It ran flawlessly for over 300 rounds.  The spring is very stout, though, and when I tried to insert it into my PCC when fully loaded during an unloaded start it damn near broke my toe when it fell out.  Note to self:  Download a round or two on unloaded starts and if you're using it as a reload.

Used the mini for the first time this weekend, ran a few hundred rounds through it. It was 100% reliable. I sanded the edges of the Glock mag on the bottom and knocked the sharp edges off of the follower before I used it. Seems like it’s gonna work great, not hard at all to load it up with 47 rounds. 

I rode that more is better idea right into Taccom splicing a pair of ETS 31 mags for 60+ rounds of fun.   Then you realize that the magazine pokes you in the privates when you lower the rifle to "low ready", interferes with an props (tables, benches) and makes handling the gun more cumbersome.  Watched a guy shoot a Mega with a Taccom ULW upper and the magazine did a "wave flex dance" with every shot.  He did not have any problems but. long term,  it must stress or wear something with the mag moving around so much.

• 4 months later...

Hmmm...  I've seen they recommend 1.125." My normal minor load is at 1.150" and they got stuck in the extension.  I had to pry the bullets out and was almost killed by the spring.  Maybe I'll give 1.140 a try but doubt that small of a difference will work.  Maybe I'll try another bullet profile.  

I have one Mini, and some taylor +12's,   I've ran the mini pretty much for everything even in practice and matches, unless I had do a classifier reload and it only went salt shaker on me once.    May be time to get a new spring for it,  it's seen a good amount of use.

For mandatory reloads I'm rolling with the factory mags, either pistol or 31rders, just 'cause I don't feel bad dropping them. The 57-rounder has run fine, but they're not kidding about having to deflash the mag and bevel the bottom of the tube. I did a pile of 6 just because I could, basically went hog wild with a Harbor Freight square file and some 150 grit. The Taylors have also run great -- 42 rounds should be enough for just about anything USPSA-wise, but 57 rounds says "I am a man of taste and class."

Edited by thermobollocks
10 hours ago, thermobollocks said:

For mandatory reloads I'm rolling with the factory mags, either pistol or 31rders, just 'cause I don't feel bad dropping them. The 57-rounder has run fine, but they're not kidding about having to deflash the mag and bevel the bottom of the tube. I did a pile of 6 just because I could, basically went hog wild with a Harbor Freight square file and some 150 grit. The Taylors have also run great -- 42 rounds should be enough for just about anything USPSA-wise, but 57 rounds says "I am a man of taste and class."

ETS mags...you don’t have to do 1 thing to those mag tubes. You do have to file the follower though which takes about 1 minute. On the MBX video too Cobb shows how the ETS mags angle the bullets better than the Glock mags so it feeds better. I’ve also got 1 Glock 31 rounder that doesn’t drop free, but all my ETS mags drop free without modification.

19 hours ago, thermobollocks said:

The Taylors have also run great -- 42 rounds should be enough for just about anything USPSA-wise, but 57 rounds says "I am a man of taste and class."

I was going to try some TF +12's, but they would get me to 42-43 rounds at the same price as the MBX Mini's that get me to 47.

I also found that the follower was the most difficult part of getting ETS mags to work with the MBX Mini.  It wants to hang up at the top of the extension on loading.  No hiccups at all during use.  I got a couple more Mini's that I am going to try mating to some factory 31-rd mags.  If those work, they will give me a magnet-friendly 47-rd option for unloaded starts.