Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX New Glock PCC basepads!!

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, actionshooter said:

Any reviews on these?

I have one of each the mega and mini, they did not run on the 31rnd Glock mags I have, but ran great on ETS 31rnd mags.  I like them better than the Taylor freelance base plates I have.  Please note I have only been running these for a week now.

Purchased one of each but have only assembled the mega so far (very easy to put together). Shot it today in a match and it ran like a top. No problems at all. Magazine loaded to full capacity and spring did not catch on any internals. I even loaded it with various amounts of bullets just to make sure more or less ammo did not make a difference. Material is strong aluminum and it has a great viewing window on the back with clear markers for the amount of rounds loaded into the magazine.

Note: I have three Taylor/Freelance extensions and am very happy with them too. Don't think I will ever need the 57 rounds that the MBX provides but its nice to know its there if needed.

22 hours ago, actionshooter said:

Any reviews on these?

One of the PCC guys in our squad today had one. We got a little backed up at one of the stages with some time to kill so a couple of other PCCer's gave the 51 round a try.  

Worked great. No problems. Looks good, too. 

One of the PCC guys in our squad today had one. We got a little backed up at one of the stages with some time to kill so a couple of other PCCer's gave the 51 round a try.  
Worked great. No problems. Looks good, too. 
Unfortunately they won't ship to states like Maryland over concerns with capacity restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sad, but true.

But, it wasn't like that back in my day. No sir. 

Back in my day we sat around a camp fire at night molding bullets and cutting patches for the next day's match. 

Great times they were, too. Under the stars in the cool night air with nothing wrapped around us but your girlfriends. Rolling smoke, and sipping homemade wine from a bag made out of a goats stomach.

At dawn the next day, after a hardy breakfast of bean burritos, we'd begin setting up that day's course of fire. We used animal hides for targets and stretched them between two cottonwood poles. They had hand painted A zones. We didn't know what Bravo was, and Charlie was the guy who usually had the best smoke. Poppers were made out of slabs of Ironwood, and on occasion we'd hire a guy from the local village to run back and forth from between two boulders. We called him the Mover. At other times he'd kind of move back and forth in an arc from behind a big rock. We called him Swinger, then.

Nothing good lasts forever, though. Charley got busted coming across the border with a fresh supply of smoke. The guy we usually hired as our Mover took one too many hits to the upper torso and had to retire. My girlfriend left me for some guy who was starting up an IDPA something or other out on the coast. I went to Montana and started selling whole-life insurance policies to people heading out west. 

And if this story isn't true, it ought to be.  ;)

Edited by MikieM

It just occurred to me that MBX calls the 47 round base pads "mini's", and the 57 round "mega's". 

Do you suppose they toyed with the idea of calling the bigger one a "maxi", as in Maxi Pad?

I wonder about stuff like this. It's probably why I have such a wide circle of friends. :lol:

3 hours ago, MikieM said:

It just occurred to me that MBX calls the 47 round base pads "mini's", and the 57 round "mega's". 

Do you suppose they toyed with the idea of calling the bigger one a "maxi", as in Maxi Pad?

I wonder about stuff like this. It's probably why I have such a wide circle of friends. :lol:

If you know Adrian, you already know the answer!

Just a quick review on the MBX “mini” (47 rd) base pad/extension.

Very easy and straight forward to install. Comes with a new (longer) spring. 

Once installed I loaded it to capacity...47rds...and unloaded it using my thumb as fast as I could. The follower hung up on the bottom of the mag. Removed the extension and hit all the edges of the magazine base with a fine file and some sand paper.

Reloaded the mag and thumb unloaded....no problems. Cycled a full mag through my carbine....no problem.

Off to the range this morning to live fire it. Fist capacity load ran fine. Second full mag it hung up again at about the minus 7-8 round mark.  Again, the follower hanging up where it enters the mag body.

Removed the extension and broke out my trust Benchmade pocket knife and did some more “tuning” on the mag body and took just a bit or material from the top front of the follower. It seemed sharp and seemed like that was the issue. 

Loaded up a full mag and shot 10 rounds...top off mag...shot 10 more..topped off mag...shot 10more...and then ran three full mags through the rig doing double tap drills.

Ran 100% from there on out.

Will be shooting it in a match soon and am hoping it does not have anymore hiccups. Will report back if it does. I have another big stick with a TF +10 on it and that has been flawless for me.

I've put about 500 rounds through two 57 round 'Mega' MBX magazines and they have both run flawless in two separate GMR-15s (mine and my wifes).

If I could do it all over again, I would just get the MBX mags in different sizes instead of the Taylor Freelance and TTIs. 

2 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

Just a quick review on the MBX “mini” (47 rd) base pad/extension.

Very easy and straight forward to install. Comes with a new (longer) spring. 

Once installed I loaded it to capacity...47rds...and unloaded it using my thumb as fast as I could. The follower hung up on the bottom of the mag. Removed the extension and hit all the edges of the magazine base with a fine file and some sand paper.

Reloaded the mag and thumb unloaded....no problems. Cycled a full mag through my carbine....no problem.

Off to the range this morning to live fire it. Fist capacity load ran fine. Second full mag it hung up again at about the minus 7-8 round mark.  Again, the follower hanging up where it enters the mag body.

Removed the extension and broke out my trust Benchmade pocket knife and did some more “tuning” on the mag body and took just a bit or material from the top front of the follower. It seemed sharp and seemed like that was the issue. 

Loaded up a full mag and shot 10 rounds...top off mag...shot 10 more..topped off mag...shot 10more...and then ran three full mags through the rig doing double tap drills.

Ran 100% from there on out.

Will be shooting it in a match soon and am hoping it does not have anymore hiccups. Will report back if it does. I have another big stick with a TF +10 on it and that has been flawless for me.

The adjustments you made are exactly what Adrian suggests in his video which can be found on his site. 

Last Saturday I received my 47 and  57 extensions about 40 minutes before a high round count match. I put them together but only used the 57 rounder. I watched the MBX video the night before and cleaned up the sharp edges in the lower part of the mag with a sharp knife. Ran five stages flawlessly. Then on Sunday ran it again at another high round count match. It again ran flawlessly

43 minutes ago, scooterj said:

The adjustments you made are exactly what Adrian suggests in his video which can be found on his site. 

Instructions!?!?! Videos!?!?! I am a man dang it!!!! I don’t need no instructions. :D

But in all honesty....if I would have known there was instructions....I would have followed them.

11 hours ago, 11287 said:

Last Saturday I received my 47 and  57 extensions about 40 minutes before a high round count match. I put them together but only used the 57 rounder. I watched the MBX video the night before and cleaned up the sharp edges in the lower part of the mag with a sharp knife. Ran five stages flawlessly. Then on Sunday ran it again at another high round count match. It again ran flawlessly

cool deal... ordered one yesterday..