Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Knockoff mag pouches

Mike21STI

I thought about getting something like that (not those specific pouches, but other pouches off ebay).  The risk/reward wasn't there for me...I wound up buying name-brand pouches.

I have never seen these before but they look like the DAA ones I use.  For the price I would give them a try.  The reviews seem good.  I would not be surprised if they were both made at the same facility, only speculation.

11 minutes ago, Mushki25 said:

I have never seen these before but they look like the DAA ones I use.  For the price I would give them a try.  The reviews seem good.  I would not be surprised if they were both made at the same facility, only speculation.

That was my thought as well.  Just wanted to see if anyone here tried them out.  

Not to be too much of a bummer but for $8 more you could just buy the DAA Racer pouches; which, from everyone I've talked to and personal experience, seem to be better than the racemasters for a load of reasons. Plus you would be supporting a company that supports our sport tremendously instead of a knock off parts manufacturer trying to make a quick buck.

Actually if you go to the website I poseted above, read the description they call them "Race master" pouches.. I think these might be the exact same pouches as the double alpha pouches ? I don't own any race masters to compare so I'd only by looking at pictures 

The pouches themselves are probably ok its the tension devices that probably will fail I had A few knock off pouches and all the tension stuff broke off the majority of the pouches, and stripped the threads on the rest.. 

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a bunch of Chinese airsoft CR speed mag pouches about 5 years ago that are still going strong. 

The only difference from the real deal is it doesn't have the logo on the outside of it. 

Saved me about $100 I put towards 1,000 rounds of bullets and I haven't felt under-geared ever. 

Does it not bother anybody here that these are complete rip offs of a great product and a company that heavily sponsors this sport?  That actually really surprises me here at enos.  The mods moderate the hell out of this site but they let links and reviews to most likely patent infringement stuff fly??? Just wow.

11 hours ago, Matt1911 said:

Nope. Don't give a single shit. 

You should. Around here we tend to support those companies that support our sport. Legality issues aside, it's just wrong to buy fake stuff that was obviously stolen from another company.

Last time I looked neither China or eBay have sponsored any matches lately.

5 minutes ago, Sarge said:

You should. Around here we tend to support those companies that support our sport. Legality issues aside, it's just wrong to buy fake stuff that was obviously stolen from another company.

Absolutely. And it's not just about supporting matches. These dirtbag chinese companies go to events like Shotshow, photograph products made by good American companies, then go home and produce crappy knockoffs to sell on places like ebay and aliexpress (a huge "crappy knockoff" site). When people have the attitude of "Who cares, anything to save a buck" they are hurting American businesses in a major way. It's gotten so bad that knockoff Magpul gear shows up for sale before it's been released by Magpul. Buy American when at all possible.

7 hours ago, Sarge said:

When I need something to be high quality, I buy the real deal. 

A plastic pouch that holds my mags in place isn't worth the price they put on it. 

1 hour ago, Matt1911 said:

When I need something to be high quality, I buy the real deal. 

A plastic pouch that holds my mags in place isn't worth the price they put on it. 

In that case make them out of Duct tape. It doesn't get much cheaper than that. Works pretty well actually.

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

In that case make them out of Duct tape. It doesn't get much cheaper than that. Works pretty well actually.

Or maybe cardboard, or something else that isn't going to work as well. 

If you're offended by me not wanting to pay the stupid prices on name brand mag pouches and going the Chinese market for the same product at a 3rd the price, then.... oh well. 

I actually purchased these before  ebay showed them coming from China. There was an outfit out of L.A selling them. I thought they were making them. I use them for my production setup.

The body itself isn't to bad. The mounting bracket is less than perfect. The body is held on the bracket using a nylon bushing and screw.  Would I purchase them again? Probably not. Especially knowing they come from China

• 1 month later...

People get sticker shock. I get that. But honestly there is usually a reason the stuff we use is so expensive. Something like a DAA pouch requires a lot of R&D to create. It seems simple but it's not. Then once you have a design you have to manufacture it. After that you have to hope you can sell it to get your money back. USPSA is big but not that big. They have to recoup all that cost to offer us a great product.  The smaller the market the bigger the expense becomes per sale.  What gets me is the Chicoms stealing all this work and then selling a sub par product that takes away from the already small market that is this sport.  They do it all the time and I do everything I can to avoid it. 

I like to spend my hard earned money with the people who give back to their customers.   DAA, dawson precision,  etc, etc,.  Superior products teamed with a give back to the community attitude is the only way to be.  I won't ever be more than a hobbiest in this sport , but my 12 year old may and in everything I do , I try to teach him this same principle.  

• 3 weeks later...