Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Knockoff mag pouches

Mike21STI

32 minutes ago, jacala said:

If you do some research MAYBE you'll find they are all made in China-- but some are just better quality!!

Production costs have unfortunately made it so.

many shooters that i know use them and other equipment for airsoft  and it works even better than daa.:lol:

but sometimes   u can  buy  from  them real  cheap  junk .it works but it  need improvements  . depend on your lack  and  quality. 

I would not underestimate the Chinese. Not everything is worse than what they produce.
Much ahead of us when we jumped on trees they had technology and culture that we could
Just be jealous. Their books from more than  2000 years ago are taught to you today in the Military Academy all over the world.

and  i would not be surprised if J.M.B.was chinese too.:lol:

Edited by yigal

I caught shit when I asked about the cheap knock-off race Master holster. I bought it anyway and it works perfect and is the exact replica of the racemaster.  As a matter of fact I actually bought double Alpha guts to put in the holster shell. I just bought the mag pouches that you're talking about because I know a few people running them and they work perfect.  I'm bought mine for 19.99 free shipping on AliExpress .  Only people I've seen get upset about it are the ones that paid the high-dollar money for the real stuff....

Edited by Topgeer

On 9/26/2017 at 10:11 AM, Sarge said:

You should. Around here we tend to support those companies that support our sport. Legality issues aside, it's just wrong to buy fake stuff that was obviously stolen from another company.

Last time I looked neither China or eBay have sponsored any matches lately.

Supporting companies that support the sport is always a good thing to do.   

As for the legality, unless the knock-off company is copying one or more features that were patented (or, in some cases, trademarked) by the company that originated the gear, it's legal.    I've no idea if that is the case for the mag holders in question here, but often copies are legal, just because there is no protected intellectual property behind the original.

7 hours ago, 10X said:

Supporting companies that support the sport is always a good thing to do.   

As for the legality, unless the knock-off company is copying one or more features that were patented (or, in some cases, trademarked) by the company that originated the gear, it's legal.    I've no idea if that is the case for the mag holders in question here, but often copies are legal, just because there is no protected intellectual property behind the original.

I understand this but not everyone can go spend 60 bucks for one mag holder.  I bought all 3 for that. 

It's obvious that it can be sold for Less. So why not save the shooters a couple bucks then maybe we could buy from them.  Isn't capitalism what made this country great.  

2 hours ago, Topgeer said:

I understand this but not everyone can go spend 60 bucks for one mag holder.  I bought all 3 for that. 

It's obvious that it can be sold for Less. So why not save the shooters a couple bucks then maybe we could buy from them.  Isn't capitalism what made this country great.  

If it were a few bucks cheaper then they would not be able to afford to sponsor matches or even individual shooters.  By buying from that supportive company, you are part of those sponsorships. Some of which help junior shooters compete at a level that their respective parents just simply cannot afford without the help.  Spend the money and be part of something bigger.  

• 2 years later...

I have not purchased anything from Double Alpha yet. I went to the “rig builder” and a lot of the stuff I want is out of stock? Dows anyone know if their stuff is made in the USA or is it made in China? I am only asking to get an idea when they might be getting their stuff back in stock. If in the USA then hopefully it will be fast. If it is mostly made in China then the corona virus import restrictions will likely last for a long time. I went to a whole new platform and need some new quality gear and am trying to judge if I should hold out for DAA stuff or settle for some other brand that has what I need in stock.

In short...is DAA stuff made in China or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use them for my POD rig in IPSC. And yes I do use "real" product from companies that sponsor the sport, but when $ is a bit tight then hey I'll spend it how I want.

Yes they do work ok I've used them for about 6 months now but of course they havent had much use this year,I find them ok had no issues or breakage  and the belt hanger has been quite sturdy, I run a Sig 320 and had to do a bit of finagling to get the mags to fit but only using those mags so all good.