Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, sfinney said:

And evidently $850 of weight added to it or you will just be spinning your wheels and couldn’t possibly be competitive. ?

Well, the guy winning everything in CO is shooting an X5 with that grip.  He certainly thinks it helps.  

Ive got the grip on my X5 and it makes a considerable difference. The recoil impulse/felt recoil is greatly reduced as well as the muzzle rise. Im running mine as a Carry Optic gun and the dot tracks much better and more predictably. I also added the tungsten guide rod from springer precision and am waiting to see how much that helps. (Just got it yesterday). 

I had to spend a good deal of time during dry fire to acquire a vise like grip on the Og grip. The new one fills the hand and grips it so much better that i can now grip with my natural strength and get tight alphas. 

Yes, its a pricey piece but if you want to get the most out of your tools and maximize your personal potential, its worth it. Thats all just my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, TBShoots said:

Ive got the grip on my X5 and it makes a considerable difference. The recoil impulse/felt recoil is greatly reduced as well as the muzzle rise. Im running mine as a Carry Optic gun and the dot tracks much better and more predictably. I also added the tungsten guide rod from springer precision and am waiting to see how much that helps. (Just got it yesterday). 

I had to spend a good deal of time during dry fire to acquire a vise like grip on the Og grip. The new one fills the hand and grips it so much better that i can now grip with my natural strength and get tight alphas. 

Yes, its a pricey piece but if you want to get the most out of your tools and maximize your personal potential, its worth it. Thats all just my opinion. 

I know there is no simple way to quantify grip size,  how much bigger is it? The reason I have not purchased an X5 is because the grip is too damn small.  I can make XR grip work, but hated to lose the undercut.

5 minutes ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Thanks. Just stumbled upon it too...shooting SPORTS innovations

Hahaha  my apologies ? forgot to edit my post was tired when I wrote it long busy day... 

I have the X5 grip. Talk about a game changing difference. With the added weight it completely changes the way the gun handles. With out the weight the gun seems too heavy. It’s a perfect balance for the gun. I absolutely love it and if you don’t have one we’ll go get one. 

18 minutes ago, rocket99 said:

I’m gonna give it a shot. I have really big hands so I can build up the grip with a few layers of epoxy/tungsten before adding the silicone carbide.

I would urge you to reconsider using tungsten cube's instead of powder. They are nearly double the density as the powder and you can use epoxy to stick the cubes to the grip. They are really the only way short of a solid piece of tungsten that you are going to get the desired weight in the grip. I ordered some cubes that are going to arrive tomorrow and my spare grip modules get here on Thursday. I should be reporting in on Thursday night with the results of my experiment. 

Edited by AmarokTactical

I would urge you to reconsider using tungsten sphere's instead of powder. They are nearly double the density as the powder and you can use epoxy to stick the cubes to the grip. They are really the only way short of a solid piece of tungsten that you are going to get the desired weight in the grip. I ordered some cubes that are going to arrive tomorrow and my spare grip modules get here on Thursday. I should be reporting in on Thursday night with the results of my experiment. 

I’ll check those out, thanks for the tip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guarantee you that $500 in training or in ammo is going to help you more than adding a couple oz's to your gun. I wouldn't say no to that extra weight but unless you have money to blow you're better off spending it elsewhere for improvements to your shooting.

On 8/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, Shadyscott999 said:

are you willing to pay a couple thousand dollars for it?  

For a P320 grip module with the following features;

- Machined out of stainless steel

- X-Series ergonomics

- Either integral flared magwell or ability to accept the X-Five magwell

- Enhanced grip texturing similar to Phoenix Trinity's EVO 2011 grip

...I would happily pay $650-$800, about the same as a steel 2011 grip costs these days. Hell, I'd buy two

I was really hoping someone would come out with a smaller grip for the Xfive.

If I was to go to a larger grip, I don’t know that I could reach the trigger.

maybe it’s IDPA that I’m thinking about, but I thought something like a tungsten grip was only legal for limited & open 

5 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

For a P320 grip module with the following features;

- Machined out of stainless steel

- X-Series ergonomics

- Either integral flared magwell or ability to accept the X-Five magwell

- Enhanced grip texturing similar to Phoenix Trinity's EVO 2011 grip

...I would happily pay $650-$800, about the same as a steel 2011 grip costs these days. Hell, I'd buy two

I think the problem with your idea is...
A SS grip module would put you way over weight for CO
It would likely have to be a different model gun as far as USPSA would be concerned and require 2000 to be sold to use in production or CO.
It would cost way more to machine an entire grip module that just a 2011 grip.  Likely in the $2000 range for a retail price
Not very many people ( except us) would even want one.  

6 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

I think the problem with your idea is...
A SS grip module would put you way over weight for CO
It would likely have to be a different model gun as far as USPSA would be concerned and require 2000 to be sold to use in production or CO.
It would cost way more to machine an entire grip module that just a 2011 grip.  Likely in the $2000 range for a retail price
Not very many people ( except us) would even want one.  

I never said I wanted one for Carry Optics