Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, chenault said:

I've been having cases from time to time get stuck like a stove pipe.  Has anyone else had this problem or know what might cause this?

Are you shooting soft loads with the factory recoil spring?  I had this issue until I swapped the guide rod and went to a reduced power recoil spring.

What are you guys using for lubricant on these X5's that are having feeding/cycling problems? How many rounds through it?

I am using grease on the rails and oil on the barrel and slide. I've been running a 13lb spring with both 147gr and 125gr at 130PF with no issues in the last 10,000 or so I've put through it. I did find that I had to break in my slide/barrel fit over several thousand rounds until it was perfect. Prior to that I did have an annoying issue where it wouldn't go fully into battery with a 13lb spring if I press checked it or didn't let the slide go forward with full force.

FYI for those of you waiting for a Gray Guns Comp kit, Top Gun Supply has the pelt 2 flat trigger instock right now I just ordered one. I then called Gray Guns and got them to sell me just the Comp spring and sear kit. Price was the same as buying the kit from either vendor but both vendors had the kit listed as out of stock.

1 hour ago, AmarokTactical said:

What are you guys using for lubricant on these X5's that are having feeding/cycling problems? How many rounds through it?

I am using grease on the rails and oil on the barrel and slide. I've been running a 13lb spring with both 147gr and 125gr at 130PF with no issues in the last 10,000 or so I've put through it. I did find that I had to break in my slide/barrel fit over several thousand rounds until it was perfect. Prior to that I did have an annoying issue where it wouldn't go fully into battery with a 13lb spring if I press checked it or didn't let the slide go forward with full force.

M-Pro 7 gun oil on anything that needs lubing.  

Sorry, didn't read thread close enough, my X5 runs perfect, no cycling issues at all, using a 13lb recoil spring.

Edited by dave33
clarified answer

9 hours ago, AmarokTactical said:

I grease the rails and oil the rest. I have atleast 5k rounds on each gun. 

I initially started out out with a 12# spring, ran great for about 2k rounds, until it crapped out on the first stage of the first match with the gun. The slide would sit slightly out of battery after each shot. I had to push the slide back into battery with my finger after each shot to finish the stage. I ended up stretching the spring by hand, and that got me through the rest of the match. 

I switched to a 13# but had the same issue after a couple thousand rounds. With a 14# spring, I’ve had no problems in the last 6k rounds. 

Edited by Rich406

I wanted to ask in this post instead of making a new thread.. 

I plan on sending my X5 to Robert Burke for the competition trigger job. Would there be a difference on work done with the factory trigger versus a GG trigger (PELT2) installed? Basically is there an advantage to have a work done with the GG installed. 

Edited by 021411

10 minutes ago, 021411 said:

I wanted to ask in this post instead of making a new thread.. 

I plan on sending my X5 to Robert Burke for the competition trigger job. Would there be a difference on work done with the factory trigger versus a GG trigger (PELT2) installed? Basically is there an advantage to have a work done with the GG installed. 

I have two X5s.  One with the GG comp trigger I did myself and another with a Burke trigger job.  The GG trigger is much much much better.  Maybe more that 3 "muchs".  
It's not even close.  

46 minutes ago, Shadyscott999 said:

The GG is lighter and has a better break and reset, and   less overtravel.  It is right about 2.5lbs depending on where you put the scale on the trigger.  The Burke gun is a little ove 4 lbs in the same spot.

Hmm Burke said he could get the trigger down to about 3#.. wonder why there’s a variance. Has his work been refined over time?

1 hour ago, 021411 said:

Hmm Burke said he could get the trigger down to about 3#.. wonder why there’s a variance. Has his work been refined over time?

Very possible.  He did this one a while back.  I think the biggest difference is he is working with mostly factory parts whereas GG re engineered them.  

1 hour ago, Shadyscott999 said:

Very possible.  He did this one a while back.  I think the biggest difference is he is working with mostly factory parts whereas GG re engineered them.  

Yeah that makes sense with re-engineered parts. Now the million dollar question if I still decide to go with Burke. Leave the GG PELT2 in or swap in the stock trigger shoe?

So I tried out the tungsten guide rod, and day one wasn't the best.  My follow up shots are now dipping because it's so front heavy. Using a 12 lb spring, so maybe it's exposed grip problems.  

Thinking about getting the tungsten grip weight to even out the balance and going back to a ss guide rod 

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else tried the GoGun thumb rest replacement for the take down lever?

I love mine! It has a lower profile than other thumb rests I've used so you don't need a race holster. Still fits in my RHT holster which is sweet. Since I rest my thumb on the take down lever anyways it felt natural to have a surface there to apply pressure to and counteract recoil. Pop out the factory takedown lever and replace, that's it. As a side bonus it actually makes using the takedown lever much easier since there is more surface area to apply torque to. Anyways, pretty happy with it.

20181018_192152.jpg

20181018_192757.jpg

20181018_193008.jpg

20181018_193104.jpg

Has anyone else tried the GoGun thumb rest replacement for the take down lever?

I love mine! It has a lower profile than other thumb rests I've used so you don't need a race holster. Still fits in my RHT holster which is sweet. Since I rest my thumb on the take down lever anyways it felt natural to have a surface there to apply pressure to and counteract recoil. Pop out the factory takedown lever and replace, that's it. As a side bonus it actually makes using the takedown lever much easier since there is more surface area to apply torque to. Anyways, pretty happy with it.

20181018_192152.thumb.jpg.ee66551e1f85bcdb2fe3dcb2eba18a84.jpg
20181018_192757.thumb.jpg.b7b5e9e3bd44700d256b701153276208.jpg
20181018_193008.thumb.jpg.a3e9ee77e20aeacbb3f3723e11fef0a6.jpg
20181018_193104.thumb.jpg.2698333eb370b012251997a44a467ccf.jpg
No...but I just ordered one to try. Thanks for showing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk