Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/15/2018 at 9:17 AM, Rudukai13 said:

I have still ordered the additional steel shroud kit (which Optics Planet said should ship by the end of this month...) just in case

Hmm... I ordered two of those in February and they have never said anything other than "4-6 weeks" since then. Now it says "21-30" days.  I will believe it, when I see it.

On 8/20/2018 at 5:00 PM, Archer said:

Hmm... I ordered two of those in February and they have never said anything other than "4-6 weeks" since then. Now it says "21-30" days.  I will believe it, when I see it.

Yeah I called up their customer service and they said they expected to have them ready to ship by the end of August. We'll see if that was an accurate estimate...

• 2 weeks later...

My new Sig P320 X Five has been a great shooter but it jams frequently using Winchester white box.  I grip it like a vice to see if it helps with no help.  It jams with the slide back/open and the bullet still right at the top of the magazine.  DO I just send it back to SIG?   anyone else having same problem.    I love the gun and hate it because I can not trust it.

1 hour ago, nealb said:

My new Sig P320 X Five has been a great shooter but it jams frequently using Winchester white box.  I grip it like a vice to see if it helps with no help.  It jams with the slide back/open and the bullet still right at the top of the magazine.  DO I just send it back to SIG?   anyone else having same problem.    I love the gun and hate it because I can not trust it.

How many total rounds do you have through it at this point? 

Both of mine were a bit dry from the factory. Make sure yours is cleaned and lubricated.

It is not all that uncommon for an X5 to be a bit balky for several hundred rounds.

It should probably start settling down by about 200 rounds but may take a bit longer.

Just got a X5 (per Max's suggestion, hehehe). Cleaned, lubed it up and shot 100 rounds of Blazer Brass, followed by my 135PF ammo. Flawless. It felt like the pistol having a  high end shock absorber in it.

Ordered a fat guide rod, 11~14lb 1911 recoil springs, an extended mag release and a Romeo 1 (6MOA). I am on the waitlist for a GG trigger kit. The trigger pull is about 4.5 lbs now and would like to bring it down to less than 3lbs, please.

With the current set up, the brass would hit the Romeo (many hit my head) but I have read some threads about that and using weaker recoil springs to cure the issue. I shall see.

12 hours ago, ddc said:

How many total rounds do you have through it at this point? 

Both of mine were a bit dry from the factory. Make sure yours is cleaned and lubricated.

It is not all that uncommon for an X5 to be a bit balky for several hundred rounds.

It should probably start settling down by about 200 rounds but may take a bit longer.

I have 1200 rounds through the SIg P320 X5...the jamming problem is actually getting worse.   ????  I will try a different Ammo besides Winchester White Box next weekend (but of course all the glock folks say they almost never have to consider what ammo they use to get perfect performance)...and the white box does very well on my P365.

47 minutes ago, nealb said:

I have 1200 rounds through the SIg P320 X5...the jamming problem is actually getting worse.   ????  I will try a different Ammo besides Winchester White Box next weekend (but of course all the glock folks say they almost never have to consider what ammo they use to get perfect performance)...and the white box does very well on my P365.

Ok, that should have been more than  enough to get it running smoothly if it was a typical X5. 

Does it matter which magazine you use? The problem could be magazine dependent.

Could you describe the scenario a bit more? When you say the "slide is back with the bullet at the top of the mag" what is the slide running into that is keeping it from going into battery?

If its doing it with all 4 of your mags and not really at any predictable round in the mag I would say your either riding the slide lock up with your thumb our the slide lock has a problem at the mag.

...Does everyone not remember the first thing you're supposed to do when you first purchase a new semi-auto firearm (whether it's a pistol, rifle, or shotgun)...? Run a bunch of different kinds of ammo through it and see which ones it likes and which ones it doesn't like...?

Come on, I can't be the only one who remembers seeing that specific advice, everywhere, all the time, since forever...

Sig Sauer now has service parts in stock to convert original style 17 round (full size) P320  magazines for use in XCarry and XFive pistols. You can order the mag base assembly parts kit that contains the bases with the tapered ears on the side.  Mine just shipped.  Now I can switch back and forth from round grip frame to X5 grip frame with these magazines if I need to.  

7 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

...Does everyone not remember the first thing you're supposed to do when you first purchase a new semi-auto firearm (whether it's a pistol, rifle, or shotgun)...? Run a bunch of different kinds of ammo through it and see which ones it likes and which ones it doesn't like...?

Come on, I can't be the only one who remembers seeing that specific advice, everywhere, all the time, since forever...

I think you mean second ? First is clean it

Found that '*thumb rest [generic]*' take down lever a few months ago on Instagram and have been anxiously awaiting it's release. Although now that it's available, I'm not sure what I would use it for?? I measured and don't think it would fit my Bladetech holster and it's not CO legal. Really cool idea though!

3 hours ago, MrFletch said:

Interesting little part I found and wanted to share.

https://gogunusa.com/collections/store-gas-pedal-for-pistol/products/gas-pedal-cg-for-sig-p320-sku-320

I admit I have no idea how well it functions (ordered and on the way) or how it fits within the various guidelines.

Would love to hear a review when you get it. Looks to have a strange forward taper design instead of the perpendicular to the slide most gas pedals have. Curious to know how it works. 

Just a thought

Doesn't the slide stop - take down lever have enough purchase on it to use as a thumb rest?

It seems to for me!

And it's legal, i.e. factory part 

give lots of purchase to ride your thumb on

more for a point of contact for grip "memory" than recoil control.

BUT

we are shooting 9mm's so what's with the "recoil control"= what recoil

Again just a thought

Just wanted to share since they were out.

I don’t shoot comp atm and thought it interesting enough to give it a try (I’ve spent more $$$ on dummer things).

Not sure it could be easier of a part to switch back and forth if you’re going between divisions or at the range etc.

30 minutes ago, MrFletch said:

Just wanted to share since they were out.

I don’t shoot comp atm and thought it interesting enough to give it a try (I’ve spent more $$$ on dummer things).

Not sure it could be easier of a part to switch back and forth if you’re going between divisions or at the range etc.

This aftermarket part  is the takedown lever and can be changed in 10-20 seconds. 

Btw the first generation SIG takedown lever has a wedge shape on it. Not pronounced like the *thumb rest [generic]*, but it Is angled, although it's the wrong way and if you push down on the angles portion your activating the takedown feature ???‍♂️. People complained enough that Sig replaced it with the current generation flat lever. 

IMG_5261.PNG

Edited by DCSigCZ
Added photo and text at the end.

4 hours ago, MrFletch said:

Interesting little part I found and wanted to share.

https://gogunusa.com/collections/store-gas-pedal-for-pistol/products/gas-pedal-cg-for-sig-p320-sku-320

I admit I have no idea how well it functions (ordered and on the way) or how it fits within the various guidelines.

Thanks for the info this will be perfect for my xcarry ?

Also, this lever is only the takedown lever, the slide latch/stop/release is further to the rear of then pistol. Note - not trying to offend anyone, just helping those who are not yet familiar with this pistol.

Edited by DCSigCZ
Spelling correction due to typing on a %#*~<€] cell phone keyboard.

12 minutes ago, DCSigCZ said:

This is the take down lever and can be changed in 10-20 seconds. 

Btw the first generation takedown lever has a wedge shape on it. Not pronounced like this, but it USB angled. People complained enough that Sig replaced it with the current generation flat lever. 

IMG_5261.PNG

Was looking all over for this gen1 part do you happen to know a place that sells this part? A link would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance