Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

Gun forums exist for the explicit purpose of spending other people’s money on things they didn’t know they needed.
I know what you're getting at, but I have been wanting to try a thumb rest for a while and didn't know there was one out there for the X5. Since I use my X5 for all my shooting and don't have several different multi-thousand dollar guns I can afford to spend $60 on my pistol and play around with it as I see fit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, achalmersman said:

I know what you're getting at, but I have been wanting to try a thumb rest for a while and didn't know there was one out there for the X5. Since I use my X5 for all my shooting and don't have several different multi-thousand dollar guns I can afford to spend $60 on my pistol and play around with it as I see fit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

$60? Pfft. I spent $3,200 once because I walked into the wrong Enos thread! Amateur. :D 

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

$60? Pfft. I spent $3,200 once because I walked into the wrong Enos thread! Amateur. :D 

I think this thread cost me pretty close to that. But I had to get a pair ?

2 hours ago, DCSigCZ said:

JMLeenz, thank you for the photos, a pic is with 1000 words.  

Can anyone tell me if this is legal in IDPA SSP? 

Thanks in Advance.

Not sure about IDPA but I know it wouldnt be production or CO legal in USPSA. Thumb rests are restricted to limited and open in USPSA. Good thing is you can swap it out in 60 seconds without tools. 

JMLeenz, thank you for the photos, a pic is with 1000 words.  

Can anyone tell me if this is legal in IDPA SSP? 

Thanks in Advance.

No way Jose. No external mods permitted in ssp. Ok in esp.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, f2benny said:

No way Jose. No external mods permitted in ssp. Ok in esp.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep. I literally just read Page 27 sections 8.2.1.2 and 8.2.1.3 that address that question. (Citation included for legal eagles ?)

Successfully added almost 6oz to an XCarry grip without spending a fortune

b67f7e8b06b32ef38a2c37f7122ddde1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow up on my heavy grip project. I am no longer using it. I can’t tell a difference after the buzzer goes off. I sure am glad I didn’t spend $400 buying one. Spend your money on ammo and lessons instead. Just my opinion

7 hours ago, rocket99 said:

Follow up on my heavy grip project. I am no longer using it. I can’t tell a difference after the buzzer goes off. I sure am glad I didn’t spend $400 buying one. Spend your money on ammo and lessons instead. Just my opinion

On the clock i shoot my Rx and X5 with Romeo 1 the same. 

But really like the sil carb grip I did on the x5.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:03 PM, rocket99 said:

I also ditched my DIY heavy tungsten grip because I can't tell the difference shooting it from my non weighted grip. But the silicon carbide grip makes a major difference and I do like the tungsten recoil rod as well. 

Anyone know where to get a rear sight plate for the X5?  Or assuming the RX one works too.  Reason, I have a Vortex Venom sitting on the Springer Precision plate on my X5, and the sight is maxed out to the right and I'm still needing to adjust the POI.  I need to put other sights on there to see if it's the gun or the optic, and I can't find where I put the sight plate that came with it.  

Haven't had any luck finding one and surprised it's not on sigsauer's shop that I can see.  TIA

Is anyone else having the paint chip off of their Romeo 1? I'm not rough with mine, but it's chipping off on the edges of the hard edges where no bras hits.  It doesn't affect performance, nor do I really mind, I just think it's interesting because other than shooting it I can't think how it would be happening.  

Edited by chenault

11 hours ago, chenault said:

Is anyone else having the paint chip off of their Romeo 1? I'm not rough with mine, but it's chipping off on the edges of the hard edges where no bras hits.  It doesn't affect performance, nor do I really mind, I just think it's interesting because other than shooting it I can't think how it would be happening.  

Yeah, around the front edge where the cover goes over the lens housing. 

On 10/28/2018 at 8:26 PM, AmarokTactical said:

I also ditched my DIY heavy tungsten grip because I can't tell the difference shooting it from my non weighted grip. But the silicon carbide grip makes a major difference and I do like the tungsten recoil rod as well. 

I can sure as heck tell a difference in this one.  Like it's a totally different gun.  

Fat Azz 2.0.jpg

3 hours ago, titandriver said:

Any vids of you shooting it Shady?

I will try to get some this weekend.  I know Max was running this grip at Nats.  Sonny Morton too.  I think there were several more.  
There is a big difference between the homemade versions that "got almost 6 oz added" and this one that adds right at 11 oz.  It's the same weight added as adding a steel grip to a 2011 over a plastic grip

50 minutes ago, Shadyscott999 said:

I will try to get some this weekend.  I know Max was running this grip at Nats.  Sonny Morton too.  I think there were several more.  
There is a big difference between the homemade versions that "got almost 6 oz added" and this one that adds right at 11 oz.  It's the same weight added as adding a steel grip to a 2011 over a plastic grip

Thank  you sir - looking forward to seeing a video. Been going back and forth about spending the coin for the grip & weight, you've got me definitely leaning hard in that direction!

43 minutes ago, titandriver said:

Thank  you sir - looking forward to seeing a video. Been going back and forth about spending the coin for the grip & weight, you've got me definitely leaning hard in that direction!

You won’t be disappointed with the weighted grips! Paired with the tungsten grip plug and a tungsten guide rod from springer it’s a totally different animal. I love shooting my xfive after putting all these mods. It’s amazing! Hahahaha!

14 minutes ago, Gviz said:

You won’t be disappointed with the weighted grips! Paired with the tungsten grip plug and a tungsten guide rod from springer it’s a totally different animal. I love shooting my xfive after putting all these mods. It’s amazing! Hahahaha!

Thanks for seconding Shady Scotts' experience Gviz - well, except for the fact it's gonna lighten up my wallet considerably!

Pfft my "homemade" grip had me at 44oz as well with the tungsten guide rod. It's really a negligible difference, I had hoped it would be significant but it's more placebo than anything. To each their own but the $800 you're suggesting someone spend on an $850 gun will not be a significant improvement.