Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Called SIG today and the were really nice , got new screw for the sight coming . Then I've called Dawson and they are sending me .205 (original one is .250)front sight free of charge as well.

I guess I just have to bring it to my gunsmith to change it.

10 minutes ago, ELZEROGRANDE said:

I needed this a few weeks back. should have checked here first. i called Sig and they sent me 2 sets right away. and free of charge. 

They sent me some too but were too short :P 

30 minutes ago, gearguywb said:

Rule question regarding the X5, if you were to change out the trigger on an X5 for the curved trigger on the 320, would the X5 be legal for Production?

Just curious...why are some people changing out the flat trigger for a curved one?

2 minutes ago, racerwong said:

With Romeo1 with no magwell: 

34 5/8 oz from 32 3/8 oz

Is this with a mag in it? or completely empty? Looks like it makes weight no matter what. I am swapping the R1 for a Viper or a DPP witha plate adapter at first. may have it milled later.

10 minutes ago, ELZEROGRANDE said:

Is this with a mag in it? or completely empty? Looks like it makes weight no matter what. I am swapping the R1 for a Viper or a DPP witha plate adapter at first. may have it milled later.

With empty mag. Weighed for USPSA Carry Optics before I found out they changed the max weight to like 45oz :o 

15 minutes ago, ELZEROGRANDE said:

I don;t remember where I saw it but some have Dremeled a corner off of a Viper (?) and a Deltapoint so that they could directly mount to the X-Five slide, apparently the mounting bolt pattern is the same but the length of the base on the Viper (?)/Deltapoint is a little longer.

2 hours ago, bossgvr4 said:

I don;t remember where I saw it but some have Dremeled a corner off of a Viper (?) and a Deltapoint so that they could directly mount to the X-Five slide, apparently the mounting bolt pattern is the same but the length of the base on the Viper (?)/Deltapoint is a little longer.

I know the bolt pattern is the same for dpp but not sure about Viper. Guess i could sacrifice the Viper. A club member at my club took about 3mm off the front of his dpp and it fit but has issues now. 

Not sure I understand the value of a tungsten guide rod in these guns, especially the 9.  There's practically no recoil to start with, particularly with minor pf loads.  So all it does it weigh down the muzzle end.  If anything, I'd like to make the gun a bit lighter so it handles better.  Personal preference I guess.

7 hours ago, bossgvr4 said:

A couple posters on this board have posted photos of how they trimmed their red dots to fit the X5 slide without the need for an adapter plate. Check back to like page 30 or 31 if I remember correctly. One guy did it for a Viper for sure, another I don't remember which sight it was.

Just got my P320-X5 back from Robert Burke.  I had him do his competition action job.  Turnaround was about 2 weeks from when it left my house to when I received it.  Dry firing shows it as much improved.  Trigger pull weight seems to be the least changed, but the shorter take up, smoother travel, and better reset makes it worth it.  

He also installed a .190 front site as my gun was shooting way low from the factory and my rear sight was almost maxed out on adjustment.  

I'm still running the gun in Limited Minor until I decide on a dot, but right now I have the following:

Burke Competition Action Job

SP Tungsten Guide Rod\13lb Recoil Spring

SP Extended Mag Release

SP Grip Tape

SP Extended Base Plates\Gram Followers

Dawson .190 Front Site

I have a full RHT kit, with their holster and hanger, as well as DAA Racer Mag pouches.

Next step will be to see how the grip tape holds up, or send it to Alma for his grip service.  

Overall the gun is great, but to really get it competition ready has cost me a fair chunk of money.  

6 hours ago, aturk said:

Overall the gun is great, but to really get it competition ready has cost me a fair chunk of money.  

Modding guns is one of the fun things about having them.  Having said that, unless you could outshoot the gun stock, you really cost yourself a fair chunk of money thinking you have to have all those things in it to be competitive.

16 hours ago, JAFO said:

Modding guns is one of the fun things about having them.  Having said that, unless you could outshoot the gun stock, you really cost yourself a fair chunk of money thinking you have to have all those things in it to be competitive.

Oh I'm aware.  I love modding everything I own.  Only guns that don't have upgrades that I own are my collectibles.  I was merely posting so people could see the price point if they go "all in" with the P320-X5.  

hi there aturk i have the same mods as you do. i did try the tape by SP and if you have sweaty hands as i do, add the Arizona and Nevada summer heat they will surly slip off eventually. that is why i went to alma he dose amazing work on grips. cant say enough very happy with the aggressive grips. 

21 hours ago, Gviz said:

hi there aturk i have the same mods as you do. i did try the tape by SP and if you have sweaty hands as i do, add the Arizona and Nevada summer heat they will surly slip off eventually. that is why i went to alma he dose amazing work on grips. cant say enough very happy with the aggressive grips. 

The same thing happened to a friend's 320 X5 with the Springer tape down here.  He has alma's work on one of his other 320's, but I'm not sure what he ended up going with on the X5.

6 hours ago, Tokarev said:

Tried three different Cabela's stores with no luck.  

I just checked Gun Broker, there are a bunch listed there and they are reasonably priced.