Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

I had mine out last weekend and it's hitting low like most others.  I'm working with Dawson now to get the correct height.  I'm loving the RHT holster too.

While I'm waiting on that does anyone know the true barrel material?  I haven't had time to call them directly about this yet but I figured I'd ask you folks too.

According to Sig's site:

SPECS

CALIBER
9mm Luger
FRAME MATERIAL
Polymer
SLIDE FINISH
Nitron
SLIDE MATERIAL
Stainless Steel
BARREL MATERIAL
Carbon Steel
ACCESSORY RAIL
M1913

BUT according to their YouTube channel it's stainless.  

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/14/2017 at 1:49 PM, ltdmstr said:

For those with the jacked up rear sight, you can get a shorter (and preferably wider) front sight from Dawson and bring that down a bunch.  The sights Dawson have listed for the P320 Compact are the same dovetail as the X5, so you have more choices than what they have listed for the full size.  I switched to a .185 x .115 and the rear sight is almost all the way down with the gun shooting dead on.

Dawson is telling me the Compact is a "different dovetail".

Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

On 7/9/2017 at 1:56 PM, gavagai said:

And when I first got the gun I thought the trigger was super heavy - mine had to be 7# easy. It was still heavy up to about 800 rounds but between 800 and 1100 rounds it lightened up significantly. At this point mine is now about 5# I would say - good enough for a scrubber like me. I haven't done anything but shoot and dry fire it so be patient if you're thinking the stock trigger might be good enough.

Ok, so I realize this is BS now that I have a gauge (6.5#). I think it was Stockholm syndrome.

4 hours ago, RichJacot said:

Dawson is telling me the Compact is a "different dovetail".

Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

Maybe it is.  But I've installed hundreds of dovetail sights and this was not really any different than the others.  May have required a few strokes with a file and a couple of good wacks to put it in place, but it fits just fine and is snug as can be (which is how I want it).  Here's a picture of the sight on my X5, and another with the take-off sight next to it.

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG

Edited by ltdmstr

On 7/18/2017 at 7:17 PM, GeneralChang said:

What kind of accuracy have you gotten out of your X5?

I've only put about 500 rnds through my X5 so far, but after zeroing, I've found it to be very accurate. I can easily shoot 2" dots at 7 yards and essentially rip one large hole in the paper with 6 rounds in each dot. I'm going to start moving back to 10 yards to see how well I do. I'll point out I have added a slightly wider front sight but still have the factory recoil guide rod and spring although I plan on changing those soon.

Good afternoon guys anybody know what size screws I need to mount the Romeo 1? I got my order in and have all the attachments for a rifle but no short screws for the slide mount. ??‍♂️? pls help thanks in advance!

18 minutes ago, Gviz said:

Good afternoon guys anybody know what size screws I need to mount the Romeo 1? I got my order in and have all the attachments for a rifle but no short screws for the slide mount. ??‍♂️? pls help thanks in advance!

5/16-3/8" will work.  I have a few left in 3/8" I can send for a few bucks if you PM me.

See here: 

Edited by racerwong

15 hours ago, Gviz said:

I bought some Leupold Torx Head Scope Mount Base Screws Black 6-48 x .350 on Ebay and they are the perfect size for mounting the Romeo1 to the X5.

Thought I would give an update on sight and point of impact issues. I was FINALLY able to get to get my shots to impact at my intended point of aim. Ill post pics below to detail where my rear sight ended up. 

To me, the front sight looks centered. When I used a caliper to measure i was within a few tenths of a millimeter on either side of the base of the sight. However, I did notice that the front sight post may not be 100% square. When holding the caliper square on the sight, the caliper is very visibly not lined up with the bore axis. Are front sights supposed to be tapered from back to front or anything that would cause such an issue? Or, am I dealing with a slightly twisted front sight?

Lastly, I took a few photos of of some wear around the barrel on the front slide. Is this "divot" typical ? I have not experienced it (or at least noticed it) on any other firearm including my P320 Carry. 

Thanks guys. Sorry to beat a dead horse on the sights issue. I appreciate any advice on action that should be taken, if any.

IMG_4502.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

IMG_4505.JPG

Barrel Rubbing Issue.JPG

Edited by Gunnar971

36 minutes ago, Gunnar971 said:

Thought I would give an update on sight and point of impact issues. I was FINALLY able to get to get my shots to impact at my intended point of aim. Ill post pics below to detail where my rear sight ended up. 

IMG_4505.JPG

It may just be the angle of the photo, but it likes as though the rear sight is shifted quite a bit to the right. But, if that is what it takes to get the shot centered...

36 minutes ago, Gunnar971 said:

46 minutes ago, LHshooter said:

It may just be the angle of the photo, but it likes as though the rear sight is shifted quite a bit to the right. But, if that is what it takes to get the shot centered...

It is WAAAYYY right of center. Im essentially out of adjustment on that side. I wasnt sure if having to adjust that drastically would impact anything negatively beyond my OCD annoyance that it isnt perfectly centered :D

On 7/14/2017 at 2:49 PM, ltdmstr said:

For those with the jacked up rear sight, you can get a shorter (and preferably wider) front sight from Dawson and bring that down a bunch.  The sights Dawson have listed for the P320 Compact are the same dovetail as the X5, so you have more choices than what they have listed for the full size.  I switched to a .185 x .115 and the rear sight is almost all the way down with the gun shooting dead on.

I followed suit and bought .180" Tall x .100" .  For me, cranked down all the way,  the gun is now too high.  My 147 grain load is about 4 inches high at 20 yards.  I will make a careful test but I think something around the .205 is going to be on the money.

5 minutes ago, f2benny said:

I followed suit and bought .180" Tall x .100" .  For me, cranked down all the way,  the gun is now too high.  My 147 grain load is about 4 inches high at 20 yards.  I will make a careful test but I think something around the .205 is going to be on the money.

I ended up getting:

Height and Width: .205" Tall x .100" Wide 

But I haven't time to get to the range with it yet.

On 7/25/2017 at 10:52 AM, Gunnar971 said:

It is WAAAYYY right of center. Im essentially out of adjustment on that side. I wasnt sure if having to adjust that drastically would impact anything negatively beyond my OCD annoyance that it isnt perfectly centered :D

Even though your front sight appears centered on the slide, you may want to consider drifting it a little to bring the rear a little to the left so you have adjustment in either direction. If you are not a fan of that narrow sight, this would be a good excuse to get a wider front sight from Dawson and then see if your existing sight is flawed by how well the new sight zeroes. Something to consider

WTF? 

These things are like unicorns. Finally found one , then in this commy state (NY) took 3 weeks till I was able to pick it up. Bad enough that regular 320 mags don't work(had to pick up 10 rounder till gunsmiths pins the regular mags) , without major surgery to the basepad , I finally go to shoot till and need a bed sheet at 50 feet to figure oou where it's hitting . Had to max out elevation of rear sight and it's still 6" low. Then while shooting it , elevation screw from rear sight goes flying and lands somewhere in grass ( RIP) , so I have new gun , that I've put 30 rounds thru , that is useless.

Sig rep is going to get an earful on Monday and the better be overnighting some crap to me fast 

Not surprised the .180 front sight is too short.  I measured my sights before I ordered and figured the .185 was as low as I could go.  Works fine for me, but obviously it's not going to be the same for all.  

20 hours ago, valerko said:

WTF? 

These things are like unicorns. Finally found one , then in this commy state (NY) took 3 weeks till I was able to pick it up. Bad enough that regular 320 mags don't work(had to pick up 10 rounder till gunsmiths pins the regular mags) , without major surgery to the basepad , I finally go to shoot till and need a bed sheet at 50 feet to figure oou where it's hitting . Had to max out elevation of rear sight and it's still 6" low. Then while shooting it , elevation screw from rear sight goes flying and lands somewhere in grass ( RIP) , so I have new gun , that I've put 30 rounds thru , that is useless.

Sig rep is going to get an earful on Monday and the better be overnighting some crap to me fast 

the same thing happened to me while at the range today. i will be calling as well. i think i'm going to be listing my gun for sale once i get the screw. also have a GG PELT curved trigger if someone wants to buy separate.

On 7/29/2017 at 3:43 PM, ltdmstr said:

Not surprised the .180 front sight is too short.  I measured my sights before I ordered and figured the .185 was as low as I could go.  Works fine for me, but obviously it's not going to be the same for all.  

The Dawson .185 works perfect for mine.