Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

41 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

Based on what others had said I was amazed at how light. The gun is the flattest shooter I've ever fired. Shoots very tight groups but as others have said shoots low - in order to get it to shoot point of aim I have the rear sight cranked to the ceiling. My front sight was .245 - have a .205 coming from Dawson. This pistol shoots insane double taps. My Comp-Tac holster came today, still waiting on the Red Hill Tactical. Will shoot IDPA ESP (not SSP because I want to try the magwell) on Saturday and USPSA Production on Sunday.

Hey Jeff let me know what front sight you end up going with. I have my XFIVE set up for carry optics. In the process of building a tanfo stock2 from reading too much tanfo posts from last year. And now everyone that was so active tuning the stock 2-3 are selling them. I'm thinking of getting another XFIVE for production and just give up on my stock2 build coz of light strikes and all other tuning expenses. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What upgrades did you do to your XL650? I read Memphis M put a shim under the primer seating thingy i haven't checked that on my Dillon... any tuning of the XL650 you could share to fix the issues? 

I had one light strike as well with my XFIVE and another that I found out that the primer was not fully seated. 

2 minutes ago, Jeff O said:

I built 2 Limited Pros and they are fantastic. Once I made the modification to my 650 that I saw on here I have had zero light primer strikes. If the X5 lives up to expectations it will be my go-to platform.

On 9/21/2017 at 9:22 AM, Polymer said:

Anyone know the difference or have fondled trigger jobs of Gray vs Burke? Is it the exact same?

No, they are not the same,  both are quality triggers.
I have a GG trigger on my 320 and I've handled Robert Burke's trigger job 320.
I found the GG trigger to be more like a short stroke revolver with 0 take-up, whereas the Burke trigger was more like a 1911 with a definite take-up.
I prefer the GG trigger, my splits are faster than ever, faster even than my Brazos Custom. Hope that helps.

Edited by bomadera

4 hours ago, bomadera said:

No, they are not the same,  both are quality triggers.
I have a GG trigger on my 320 and I've handled Robert Burke's trigger job 320.
I found the GG trigger to be more like a short stroke revolver with 0 take-up, whereas the Burke trigger was more like a 1911 with a definite take-up.
I prefer the GG trigger, my splits are faster than ever, faster even than my Brazos Custom. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input. I've only fondled GG trigger so I was curious about the difference.

Shot both yesterday - I have a Burke and my buddy has a GG - both excellent. Major difference to me is the Burke is IDPA and USPSA legal by the letter of the law. Shot first match, IDPA Sat, finished 2nd OA, 1st ESP, 1st Senior.

I'll take it considering I had never drawn the gun from a holster 'til the 1st stage. ? Good start for the X5.

Edited by Jeff O

6 hours ago, Jeff O said:

I cranked it all the way to the bottom brought it back up a half a turn and my first three shots went through the "A" of a USPSA Target from 15 yards.

oh yeah! that's where i wanna be at as well! 

thanks for the feed back!

18 hours ago, Jeff O said:

I cranked it all the way to the bottom brought it back up a half a turn and my first three shots went through the "A" of a USPSA Target from 15 yards.

What he didn't tell you is he was aiming for the head.  :P

On 7/6/2017 at 6:07 PM, R0CKnU said:

I too am fascinated with your trigger work. But I do question the wisdom of this...

Aren't you concerned that removing one of the springs entirely will introduce lateral torque on the sear? I'm not sure if this would eventually cause uneven wear but, because I'm not sure, I would probably not do this. Grayguns solves this by using two reduced weight springs. This is the preferred method IMHO. But I welcome input from those who know more on the subject. Is my concern overstated?

So that means that using one greyhound reduced seat spring gets us closer to 2 lbs?

On 7/7/2017 at 9:53 PM, BC27 said:

If I get time, I do want to make a video about what was done to the trigger.  It's all stock parts including all the springs (minus one sear spring).  It's just time consuming to do it right.

Would love to see the video!

2 hours ago, bluedevil008 said:

Wondering if anyone sent or is sending in their X-Five.  From what I understand the "voluntary" upgrade applies to the x5 even though it passed the additional drop tests.  Particularly interested in what happened to the trigger pull.

I have registered my X5 (did it right when it started) - I will note any change after I eventually get it back, but I am intending to send it on to Gray Guns after the upgrade anyway.

I alreaady have my RX sorta trapped with the GG competition package and a reliable 3.8 lb pull. I have no idea how GG and Sig will work out things to get the gun upgraded. Regardless, I am continung to shoot all my 320's and enjoying the heck out of it. There have been rumblings at the local IDPA about maybe not allowing a non-upgraded 320. I have ignored all of that and kept on.

On 10/2/2017 at 6:13 PM, MoonJeong said:

Would love to see the video!

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to make a video yet.  It would be best with a new sear to demonstrate so I would also need to order that in addition to setting aside some time to put a video together.  Just as an update, my trigger work is running perfectly and I haven't had a single issue so I'm still wanting to make a video.  Just need to order a new sear if Sig will still sell them.

3 hours ago, BC27 said:

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to make a video yet.  It would be best with a new sear to demonstrate so I would also need to order that in addition to setting aside some time to put a video together.  Just as an update, my trigger work is running perfectly and I haven't had a single issue so I'm still wanting to make a video.  Just need to order a new sear if Sig will still sell them.

Wow, thought you just disappeared! lol

Glad to hear ur trigger work is still running strong, looking forward to your video

Edited by chopinlover