Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brownells has some 6-48 screws to choose from here: http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/small-hardware/metal-screws/plug-screw-refill-pak-6-48-blue-1-dozen-sku080533648-570-2365.aspx  $9 for a dozen screws isn't bad.

Does anyone know the correct length that is needed to mount the Romeo1 on the X5?

4 hours ago, racerwong said:

Local (2A Sales in Jessup). Though Amazon has it "in-stock" also for $299 with a roughly 1 week leadtime. ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00UZ88FPO ) 

I'll grab some pics of the optic shortly. 

wow ordered the R1 while i was reading your post lol thanks for the heads up man this is good news!

I made a quick video to illustrate stock vs after I reduced over travel and reset.  It's hard to measure an exact reduction but I originally estimated 30% but it might be more than that having watched my own video. LOL

On July 6, 2017 at 6:07 PM, R0CKnU said:

I too am fascinated with your trigger work. But I do question the wisdom of this...

Aren't you concerned that removing one of the springs entirely will introduce lateral torque on the sear? I'm not sure if this would eventually cause uneven wear but, because I'm not sure, I would probably not do this. Grayguns solves this by using two reduced weight springs. This is the preferred method IMHO. But I welcome input from those who know more on the subject. Is my concern overstated?

I wondered about this too but the trigger job on my p320 FS included the removal of one of the springs; 10,000 rounds through the gun with no issues. 

Fascinated with this trigger job report too. 

If I get time, I do want to make a video about what was done to the trigger.  It's all stock parts including all the springs (minus one sear spring).  It's just time consuming to do it right.

1 hour ago, Mig9 said:

I wondered about this too but the trigger job on my p320 FS included the removal of one of the springs; 10,000 rounds through the gun with no issues. 

Fascinated with this trigger job report too. 

If you don't mind me asking, how much over travel and reset did you get reduced?

42 minutes ago, BC27 said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much over travel and reset did you get reduced?

No over travel or reset was reduced. The gunsmith told me he just polished and removed one of the sear springs.

On my X5 I did some polishing, removed one sear spring, and put in the PELT trigger. Still not where I want it. I don't have your skills so I'll probably send my gun to Grayguns at some point.

Thanks for all the info!

11 minutes ago, Mig9 said:

No over travel or reset was reduced. The gunsmith told me he just polished and removed one of the sear springs.

On my X5 I did some polishing, removed one sear spring, and put in the PELT trigger. Still not where I want it. I don't have your skills so I'll probably send my gun to Grayguns at some point.

Thanks for all the info!

Ok, I was wondering if I was in the ball park for what gunsmiths are doing on the P320.  I feel I can probably reduce it a bit more.  Honestly, it's not very hard at all once you know what to do.  All the work is in the sear and that only costs about $12.00 if you totally mess it up.  But getting it professionally done is never a bad idea either.

Add me to the RHT happy customer list. Received my holster yesterday,and the first thing I noticed was the excellent quality of the workmanship of the double layer holster. Then, I was thrilled when I found that the holster fit my X5 like a glove. Definitely worth waiting for a month. 

Anyone find that the guns shoots quite low? I had to really crank the rear sight up. I might replace the front sight... suggestions appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, f2benny said:

Anyone find that the guns shoots quite low? I had to really crank the rear sight up. I might replace the front sight... suggestions appreciated.

What height front sight is on yours? If I remember mine is something like  .235" and I don't have any issues with it shooting low. 

Mine shot incredibly low too. To the point that I think SIG just screws in the rear sight and doesn't sight it in. I just adjusted it and its a very accurate gun. 

At the state match yesterday one of our local, very good shooters, was bumped to open from CO due to magazines not making the gauge.  I know this has come up before, but it would be a nice move to see it addressed from Sig.  

Of course it is the shooters responsibility to be sure that equipment meets the rules, but not many folks have a magazine gauge and the difference is so small it would be difficult to see without the gauge.

Yes, stock magazines and base pads that come with the X5.

6 minutes ago, gearguywb said:

At the state match yesterday one of our local, very good shooters, was bumped to open from CO due to magazines not making the gauge.  I know this has come up before, but it would be a nice move to see it addressed from Sig.  

Of course it is the shooters responsibility to be sure that equipment meets the rules, but not many folks have a magazine gauge and the difference is so small it would be difficult to see without the gauge.

Yes, stock magazines and base pads that come with the X5.

So, is filing the rear most back of feed lips area, or trimming back of basepads is the recommended solution? Or both? 

Looking for some recommendations on which lighter recoil spring to use. I am getting ready to order a heavy recoil rod and lighter recoil spring from Springer Precision. A while back, someone posted that Springer recommends a 14 lb spring, but several recent posters have said they are using 13 lb springs.  Does the 13 lb make a bigger difference over the 14 lb and has anyone experienced any problems with using the 13 lb? Any feedback would be appreciated.  thx

In my RX I like the 13 better than the 14. FWIW, when I used the 14 I still trimmed it a coil.

Having handled the X5, you may need a 14 at first just to get to it to fully close the slide into battery as they are very stiff until broken in.....  YRMV.

1 hour ago, sfinney said:

So, is filing the rear most back of feed lips area, or trimming back of basepads is the recommended solution? Or both? 

That's too bad. It is very, very close to fitting flush as stock. I'm surprised they bumped someone. You can remove a small amount of material from the back corner of the base pad and it will eadily fit onto the gage. Also, you Springer Precision extensions will fit easier into the 140 gage and will five you 23+1 rounds with the Grams spring kit. 

Let me know if you need more specifics on the removal of material from the stock pads. 

How flat can this thing shoot? I'm trying to develop a grip for my X5 and I would like some concrete guidelines to know how I'm doing. I'm not hand loading, but I'm using 130-132 PF factory loads so they're pretty soft. Say, on a 15yd target (or any other benchmark distance you choose) how much should the front sight/dot rise on the target to be "acceptable" for this gun? Using a 14# spring the sights come back on target really quickly, so maybe it doesn't matter that much, but I'm curious all the same.

On a few unrelated points that have been discussed elsewhere, I *can* get the slide to return out of battery, but I have to really deliberately try, and if I point the muzzle down the weight of the slide alone will lock it into battery. And when I first got the gun I thought the trigger was super heavy - mine had to be 7# easy. It was still heavy up to about 800 rounds but between 800 and 1100 rounds it lightened up significantly. At this point mine is now about 5# I would say - good enough for a scrubber like me. I haven't done anything but shoot and dry fire it so be patient if you're thinking the stock trigger might be good enough.

Edited by gavagai

10 hours ago, LHshooter said:

Looking for some recommendations on which lighter recoil spring to use. I am getting ready to order a heavy recoil rod and lighter recoil spring from Springer Precision. A while back, someone posted that Springer recommends a 14 lb spring, but several recent posters have said they are using 13 lb springs.  Does the 13 lb make a bigger difference over the 14 lb and has anyone experienced any problems with using the 13 lb? Any feedback would be appreciated.  thx

In case it helps I shoot 147 grain bullets at around 132 power factor and Ive been between the 14 and the 13# springs.; I prefer the 14. Just out of curiosity today I shot at least 50 rounds with a 12# spring with no issues.

In case it helps I shoot 147 grain bullets at around 132 power factor and Ive been between the 14 and the 13# springs.; I prefer the 14. Just out of curiosity today I shot at least 50 rounds with a 12# spring with no issues.

My gun wouldn't run with a 14lb spring on my powder puff 147 load. I had to get a 13lb spring.

My gun wouldn't run with a 14lb spring on my powder puff 147 load. I had to get a 13lb spring.

I heard at least twice that the gun may need to be broken in a bit (I hate that idea) before it will work with lighter loads. Not my experience though, I could shoot my reloads with the stock spring. 

My FS didn't work with a 14# either. I tried that weight on my X5 only after seeing Alma mention it and I like it. Like I said I bet I could run a 12 with no issue. 

1 hour ago, Mig9 said:

Anyone know how/where to get p320 17 rd magazine springs? Sig or Woff don't sell them. 

Do a WTB here. I bet a lot of shooters have replaced with grams and the originals are new.