Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys so what's the consensus in having to ship back our xfive  to grey guns if you had the competition trigger work done? I got an email from grey guns to wait a while before sending it in since they are still looking into the problem. But, that was 6 weeks ago. 

I haven't had him do my trigger "yet".  This trip was for a broken extractor.  I did handle one that he had finished and all I can say is WOW!  

I WILL be taking mine to him.  I just need to decide if I want to do the voluntary recall on it first...  I'm basically in a holding pattern on that front. 

Which SP base bad do I select in order for these to fit my X5?  Round or Square?  

And just to be sure, the .25" or .375" will not add any more rounds to my 10 round magazines correct?

I am barely getting into competition shooting, but can someone with more experience tell me why someone would choose .25" or .375"?  Thanks for your guy's help. 

The .25 and .375 will not work on the X5 21 rd stock magazines. On 10 rd mags (or 17's if you're not restricted) they do not add capacity. If you're using the X5 magwell only the .375's will work and there's a place to select for the magwell.

15 hours ago, PinoyPower said:

Which SP base bad do I select in order for these to fit my X5?  Round or Square?  

And just to be sure, the .25" or .375" will not add any more rounds to my 10 round magazines correct?

I am barely getting into competition shooting, but can someone with more experience tell me why someone would choose .25" or .375"?  Thanks for your guy's help. 

Jeff is correct, you will need to get the 10 or 17 round mags. You will also want the .25" base if you are shooting IDPA so that it will fit in the box (6" tall is the restriction IIRC). Depending on how you have your sights adjusted the .25" base pad allows you to just BARELY fit in the box.

Im not familiar with USPSA size restrictions but Im sure someone else can post up for you.

27 minutes ago, Gunnar971 said:

Jeff is correct, you will need to get the 10 or 17 round mags. You will also want the .25" base if you are shooting IDPA so that it will fit in the box (6" tall is the restriction IIRC). Depending on how you have your sights adjusted the .25" base pad allows you to just BARELY fit in the box.

Im not familiar with USPSA size restrictions but Im sure someone else can post up for you.

.375" w/full size compliant 10rnd or 17rnd mags will be optimal to run with the magwell in ESP. I checked in multiple IDPA club boxes with my rear sight jacked all the way up and it fits. Just make sure you choose the correct square or round retainer plate tab and also select X5 magwell. 

IMG_7004.JPG

On 7/13/2017 at 11:18 PM, MadhatRR said:

Well, I measured my front sight and it's .235....

But seeing the post about making the Deltapoint fit got me thinking.

With a little dremel work I bet I can make my Vortex Viper fix...

It sure did! All I needed to do was knock a corner off. 

IMG_4828.JPG

IMG_4835.JPG

IMG_4838.JPG

IMG_4840.JPG

knock a corner off the sight? or slide ? and what screws are you using?

10 minutes ago, ELZEROGRANDE said:

Anyone know what size screws i would need to mound a DPP on a x5 slide. I know the thread pitch is 6-48. I dont know the length. links please. 

I mounted mine but didn't use a specific screw length. I just took the 1" 6-48 screws from Brownells and cut them down until they weren't sticking out.

Just got my X5 back from Robert Burke - the average of 10 pulls on my Lyman gauge was  2.7. Reset is much improved and trigger overall is much smoother. Test-fire this afternoon.

Edited by Jeff O

1 hour ago, Jeff O said:

Just got my X5 back from Robert Burke - the average of 10 pulls on my Lyman gauge was  2.7. Reset is much improved and trigger overall is much smoother. Test-fire this afternoon.

Do you have contact info., or web site for Robert Burke?

Never mind, I found it.

Edited by BeltFed

6 hours ago, Jeff O said:

WOW- thats light- when you shoot it fill us in please-

Based on what others had said I was amazed at how light. The gun is the flattest shooter I've ever fired. Shoots very tight groups but as others have said shoots low - in order to get it to shoot point of aim I have the rear sight cranked to the ceiling. My front sight was .245 - have a .205 coming from Dawson. This pistol shoots insane double taps. My Comp-Tac holster came today, still waiting on the Red Hill Tactical. Will shoot IDPA ESP (not SSP because I want to try the magwell) on Saturday and USPSA Production on Sunday.

Edited by Jeff O