Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

I can’t complain about the reset in mine, it’s pretty damn good for a striker fired gun. I have the GG curved competition kit in mine and it’s been great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, like anything else, you need to get used to it. Seems there are several capable gms running the x5 just fine. I doubt the gun will be what holds anyone back assuming yours runs reliably

3 hours ago, dansedgli said:

You reckon Max Michel's x5 is stock because he can win with a stock one? 😅

My comment was with regards to the GG trigger upgrade. Not sure what max runs. I bet if he had the oem trigger or the GG trigger and practiced with it he would still smoke 99%+ of the competition. 

For the vast majority of us, the x5s trigger, esp if its upgraded to the GG trigger, wont hold you back.

Edited by Smithcity

13 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I like the Gray Guns curved trigger since it feels a little shorter on the reset to me. I think it maybe that my finger is in the same spot every time I pull the trigger. Thanks, Eric

Hello Eric: I am not sure if you have tried both - straight and curved - but I am wondering if they have different trigger reaches. Can you comment? Thanks, jaep.

Hello: The straight and the curved trigger are the same reach at about 3/4 the way up on the straight trigger. If you put your finger near the bottom of the straight the trigger is further away from you. I can do faster splits with the curved than the straight GG or stock one. My guide as I have said before is the timer and hits on paper. My mind can play tricks if I don't do it this way. Thanks, Eric

3 hours ago, dansedgli said:

I assumed that was just happening until they got their new slide cuts sorted.

Hopefully anyway. Here's me shooting mine at the club over the last few weeks. 

Wow, that has to be the most legit indoor match ive seen. Why are you running 10rd mags? You run the x5 real well,  especially those long shots assuming you got your hits. 

We are 10 round limited in Australia unfortunately.

All hits were on.

That is several weeknight matches in the same video. I gotta clear up space on my phone so threw the videos on youtube.

Edited by dansedgli

22 minutes ago, dansedgli said:

We are 10 round limited in Australia unfortunately.

All hits were on.

That is several weeknight matches in the same video. I gotta clear up space on my phone so threw the videos on youtube.

Ahh, sorry to hear about the restriction. Regardless, great run!

23 hours ago, Smithcity said:

My comment was with regards to the GG trigger upgrade. Not sure what max runs. I bet if he had the oem trigger or the GG trigger and practiced with it he would still smoke 99%+ of the competition. 

For the vast majority of us, the x5s trigger, esp if its upgraded to the GG trigger, wont hold you back.

I recall reading a while back that Max has Robert Burke (the Sig Armorer) work on all his P320 triggers, though I may be mistaken.

ETA; I was not mistaken;

Edited by Rudukai13

8 minutes ago, Rudukai13 said:

I recall reading a while back that Max has Robert Burke (the Sig Armorer) work on all his P320 triggers, though I may be mistaken.

ETA; I was not mistaken;

I wonder what the $700 gun costs after all the mods.

10 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: The straight and the curved trigger are the same reach at about 3/4 the way up on the straight trigger. If you put your finger near the bottom of the straight the trigger is further away from you. I can do faster splits with the curved than the straight GG or stock one. My guide as I have said before is the timer and hits on paper. My mind can play tricks if I don't do it this way. Thanks, Eric

Outstanding. Thanks a lot, Eric!

7 hours ago, dansedgli said:

In the US probably modified shadow 2 money. 

He has the tungsten grip too. $430 + $230 for the barsto. I think an action job is $300. 

Coulda got a nice shadow 2 and had spare coin for ammo. 

Why, so you can have cracked frames and sear slide stops.

They all have short comings. Anything with moving parts does!

Well if you want more shortcomings per dollar the sig is the way to go. 😅

I was more pointing at if you are going to spend $450 on making your gun heavier it might be worth buying a heavier gun. 

The sig is ok and with a gray guns kit is quite shootable but spending $1000 on it seems crazy to me.  

Might be ok for Max who likely gets it for nothing but ill take the shadow 2's for that kind of money thanks. 

Edited by dansedgli

After approximately 20k rounds of live fire and who knows how much dry fire, I finally broke my trigger return spring in my P320 X5. Good thing I had a backup gun with a FCU to drop right in. I think I'll replace this one annually now. 

6UY6KkQ.jpg

After approximately 20k rounds of live fire and who knows how much dry fire, I finally broke my trigger return spring in my P320 X5. Good thing I had a backup gun with a FCU to drop right in. I think I'll replace this one annually now. 

6UY6KkQ.jpg
What's the armorer's manual say for a spring replacement schedule?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

On 5/8/2019 at 9:59 AM, dansedgli said:

Well if you want more shortcomings per dollar the sig is the way to go. 😅

I was more pointing at if you are going to spend $450 on making your gun heavier it might be worth buying a heavier gun. 

The sig is ok and with a gray guns kit is quite shootable but spending $1000 on it seems crazy to me.  

Might be ok for Max who likely gets it for nothing but ill take the shadow 2's for that kind of money thanks. 

When you, buy that CZ you get to have it milled for a dot, pay for a trigger job that will only run federal primers, have a much smaller magwell, deal with DA/SA and carry around a pocket full of bic springs and slide stops.  The cz STARTS where a fully tricked out X5 ends up price wise and the X5 is arguably better.