Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Thread

BASE772

Just finished installing my Gray Competition Trigger kit in my new X5 this afternoon. Everything went well with watching Alma's video  on same and one Bruce Gray has out on just the trigger upgrade. My X5 is just a few months old and built post voluntary recall, and this is important as I spent over an hour trying to find the small lift spring that I couldn't figure how I lost. As it turns out the lift spring is not needed in the newer guns and was never there, not sure if it will be in the  P320 that were sent in for the upgrade or not. I ended up making a call to Sig customer support and they advise that the lift spring is no longer in the newer P320's 

I then went ahead and installed a Vortex Razor 6 MOA with the springer adaptor plate and was also assisted by Alam's Romeo 1 install video. That also turned out to be a pretty simple upgrade as I didn't have to search for any items I thought i'd lost. Now just need to get that sighted in before a steel shot I'm going to try on Saturday.  

I also have the Springer guide rod and 12.5 & 14 pound springs I'll try at the range to  see how well they work for me, but I'm going to sight it in with the factory pinned spring before. 

Last but not least, just as I was finishing up I got the shipping conformation e-mail from RHT on my holster  that is done and on the way. Don't think it will make it for the match but I've got a cheap amazon one I can use.

Looks like it's all ready for some fun!!

DK

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple new X5s.  One is very accurate.  It was tight from the beginning and had to go through the typical break in period with the whole pretension issue.  Took at least 500 rounds before it was reliable.  It is very accurate.

The other felt loose from the beginning.  It had no problem feeding even light loads with 100-100 pf ammo from day 1.  No problems with pretension.   However. I noticed after about a month that there was a big difference in accuracy.  The tight one was doing about 2 inch groups freestanding at 15-20 yards consistently.   The one that was initially loose is probably doing 4-6 inches at the same distances with the same ammo.  I called Sig and the rep told me over the phone that I COULD send it in to them but if it will do 2 inches at 30 feet (FEET!!!), then it would be considered within spec and they would charge me for shipping, ammo and range time.  WTF!  For a match grade barrel?  My Wilsons come with 1/2" at 25 YARD guarantees and even my apex M&P is far more accurate.  I was shocked and very disappointed.  

Has anyone had or heard of something like this?  I am not sure what to do at this point....

Apart from titandriver has anyone's x5 done something like this? What did sig say about it? 

It seems my chamber is not that supported. Does everyone else's chamber have this bevel all the way around? 
SmartSelect_20190223-001711_Gallery.thumb.jpg.dd3123b685182f236dd93559a43e1502.jpg
SmartSelect_20190223-224337_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f60ab486f9b7d0d90f4a0c13e5f2547f.jpg
My 320 Compact did that with Buffalo Bore +P+

Standard pressure and actual +P no issues.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Shot everything out of my two and never a problem from +p+, some Chrono'd load at 155 PF (i.e not comfortable to shoot but no bulges)

Alum case gunk and my regular uspsa loads at 132 PF.

Most of my brass is range pickups,  155 was brass shot out of my 2011 open gun several times.

Feel bad for the couple of guys with issues but I haven't had any

I bought a new x5 and its the same deal. 

PPU and Tulammo brass mainly. If I use a slower powder its ok but Australia's go to 9mm powder is no good in these guns with that brass. 

Ive been picking those cases out and shooting them in my shadow 2. 

Im going to try to sell both guns. Lifes too short to sort 9mm by headstamp.

Selling them is a struggle though. They are not popular here. 

Hadn't seen it covered, but at the NRA Annual Meeting my brother took this shot. They say the new x5 will not be available in black, just the new color scheme. It does still have the lightening cuts on the top.

IMG_1833.thumb.jpeg.f5a27b4780453af4c952b75a498d55c5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I can't see them not offering a black version as well. An all gray version makes more sense to me just because I like the black and gray combo. Gray grip and black slide please. Thanks, Eric

Buy a white grip module and a little rit dye and you can have any color you want.

Blue X5 reduced.jpg

On 4/26/2019 at 5:56 PM, rad-dude said:

I have a couple new X5s.  One is very accurate.  It was tight from the beginning and had to go through the typical break in period with the whole pretension issue.  Took at least 500 rounds before it was reliable.  It is very accurate.

The other felt loose from the beginning.  It had no problem feeding even light loads with 100-100 pf ammo from day 1.  No problems with pretension.   However. I noticed after about a month that there was a big difference in accuracy.  The tight one was doing about 2 inch groups freestanding at 15-20 yards consistently.   The one that was initially loose is probably doing 4-6 inches at the same distances with the same ammo.  I called Sig and the rep told me over the phone that I COULD send it in to them but if it will do 2 inches at 30 feet (FEET!!!), then it would be considered within spec and they would charge me for shipping, ammo and range time.  WTF!  For a match grade barrel?  My Wilsons come with 1/2" at 25 YARD guarantees and even my apex M&P is far more accurate.  I was shocked and very disappointed.  

Has anyone had or heard of something like this?  I am not sure what to do at this point....

I had a barrel with chatter marks in it that shot crappy groups. They told me the same thing. I told them that the worst M&P I've ever shot could pass that test.😖

Otherwise, their customer service has been pretty good to me.

Has anyone done any striker tuning? 

One of my strikers makes for a pretty good crisp feel but with my other striker the trigger sucks and has heaps of stacking in comparison. 

Ive got 1 pre upgrade gun and 1 that is a month old. The new one isnt as nice. 

Gray guns kits in both and Ive narrowed it down to the striker being different somehow by swapping them over. They look identical. 

On 4/8/2018 at 3:00 PM, RH45 said:

Did you try pulling the trigger, while trying to get the slide off?

If you push the slide back a little,  you should be able to pull the guide rod forward a little.  This will allow you to insert the takedown lever. You may have to have someone assist with a pair of pliers to hold the guide rod forward as it is hard to grip and has quite a bit of tension on it.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:52 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I can't see them not offering a black version as well. An all gray version makes more sense to me just because I like the black and gray combo. Gray grip and black slide please. Thanks, Eric

Black has indeed been discontinued by Sig.  Just Coyote from here on out.

There are some coming that will be DPP cuts, but its a mix right now, not sure the DPP ones are shipping yet.  If you want a DPP cut one, you need to make sure the style code for the gun ends in -R2.  Those will be the DPP cut models when they start shipping.  I have not seen one as of yet, but that doesnt mean there not getting out there.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:51 PM, Shadyscott999 said:

Buy a white grip module and a little rit dye and you can have any color you want.

Blue X5 reduced.jpg

Is that your dye job?  If so how long did you dye it for and what colors?

On 4/29/2019 at 3:24 AM, dansedgli said:

Has anyone done any striker tuning? 

One of my strikers makes for a pretty good crisp feel but with my other striker the trigger sucks and has heaps of stacking in comparison. 

Ive got 1 pre upgrade gun and 1 that is a month old. The new one isnt as nice. 

Gray guns kits in both and Ive narrowed it down to the striker being different somehow by swapping them over. They look identical. 

For some reason I was thinking the post upgrade and X5s built after the recall had a different striker in them. Alma Cole has a video on you tube that showed the difference in them. I have only had mine out when installing my Vortex Razor and it was the skeletonize version that should be lighter than the original .

Maybe it's been covered, and I just don't remember, but can anything be done to shorten the reset?

I have the Bruce Gray, competition kits in both pistols, but, I just can't seem to be able to shoot them with any speed.

2 hours ago, RH45 said:

Maybe it's been covered, and I just don't remember, but can anything be done to shorten the reset?

I have the Bruce Gray, competition kits in both pistols, but, I just can't seem to be able to shoot them with any speed.

How fast are you trying to shoot? I can pull splits in the teens with the gray guns P320 Competition Trigger System.

2 minutes ago, Smithcity said:

How fast are you trying to shoot? I can pull splits in the teens with the gray guns P320 Competition Trigger System.

I CAN shoot it that fast, but not with the degree of accuracy I want.

I’ve been shooting open for the last 15 years, and find the longer reset on my xfives really seems to slow me down.

1 minute ago, RH45 said:

I CAN shoot it that fast, but not with the degree of accuracy I want.

I’ve been shooting open for the last 15 years, and find the longer reset on my xfives really seems to slow me down.

Ahh that probably explains it. I dont know of any gun on the production list that has a trigger pull like that of a nice 2011/1911. I.e. I dont think you will find a CO / Production gun that compares to the trigger you are used to for the past 15yrs. Probably going to be an adjustment period.

Had a practice session yesterday and ran my buddies atlas titan a bit. The x5's trigger doesnt measure up. As far as striker fired goes, not sure how much better it gets than the ggi kit on the 320.

I'd say the CZ Shadow 2 with some work is going to be the best trigger you'll find in a CO gun, but let's be real the top guys are winning with striker fired guns. I don't think the minimal hundreths of a split advantage is really going to make that much of a difference, it is probably better to work on your transitions instead of worrying about something that will barely improve your stage times. I'm not sure what degree of accuracy you are expecting but the sub .20 splits are usually saved for closer targets under 7yards where you can just point at them with your arms and get 2A...

Edited by AmarokTactical

21 minutes ago, Smithcity said:

Ahh that probably explains it. I dont know of any gun on the production list that has a trigger pull like that of a nice 2011/1911. I.e. I dont think you will find a CO / Production gun that compares to the trigger you are used to for the past 15yrs. Probably going to be an adjustment period.

Had a practice session yesterday and ran my buddies atlas titan a bit. The x5's trigger doesnt measure up. As far as striker fired goes, not sure how much better it gets than the ggi kit on the 320.

My Apexed M&P Pro is at 36 oz, but I think it’s as crisp, and reset is as short as my STIs.

I suppose that if I only shoot the Xfive, and run a few k through, I SHOULD be able to pick up the pace.

life’s too short to only shoot one gun 

Yep, the reset on the x5 sucks.

How do we shorten it? Apparently the burke trigger jobs adjust it. Also the apex triggers have shorter resets.

Can we mix and match the APEX and gray guns parts? 

If you fit the top end to the bare FCU you can see the trigger bar sliding along a sear surface to reset. If we shorten this surface it should shorten the reset but what else does it affect?