Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is Weaponshield really that much better than FP-10

JJP161

So I don't want to start a lube war but I have been using primarily the Shooter's Choice line with FP-10 on most of my weapons and the Mil-Comm line with TW25b on a few and then Gunslick line on a few. So with that said the Shooters Choice and FP-10 are my go to cleaners and lube but have recently found a bunch of YouTube videos on WeaponShield. Apparently George Fennell the original inventor of FP-10 moved on after a dispute and created a brand new line and a much improved FP-10. There are some really interesting videos he has posted on wear tests of various lubricants and WeaponShield clearly wins against about anything. So being that I like FP-10 so much I am curious if the WeaponShield is really that big of am improvement. Thanks,

Joe

Depends on a lot of variables. What metal, what climate, what cleaning intervals, how much you use & reapply during a session. All that being said, I'm a Weapons Shield fan mostly because i bought enough of it to last me for a few more years.

I use a syringe to apply and also use Weapon Shield oil with it (the amount depending on the season).

I think you can use just about anything as long as you clean the gun each time you use it. Not everyone cleans their guns every time.

Our host, Brian, sells some Super Lubricant - works great on my TruBor .... :bow: :bow:

As long as you live in Florida I guess! We shoot indoor winter league in the winter up here. Sometimes almost zero degrees once the fans start diving in the cold air. Slide glide turns into crazy glue at those temps! Lol

Oil is oil,

Some are heavy weight and some are light weight,

Some are slippery and some are gummy,

and some are just plain named funny,

If you like the name then by all means buy it,

But just remember it is all the same shit,

So whatever you use to keep your gun slick,

Just use it on your gun and not on your dick

:D

Edited by MrPostman

Oil is oil,

Greatest answer to an oil question ever.

From George....

Yes I did. And I sold it to shooters choice because weapon shield was far superior and there was no need to redundantly market another product inferior to weapon shield....so I sold it and the name too. It's register to them....shooters choice/Ventco industries.

Oil is oil,

Gotta admit that's pretty darn funny and ultimately good advice

From George....

Yes I did. And I sold it to shooters choice because weapon shield was far superior and there was no need to redundantly market another product inferior to weapon shield....so I sold it and the name too. It's register to them....shooters choice/Ventco industries.

Yes I guess I should have mentioned that few of my weapons do get used in some severe environments and harsh conditions. Sounds like I need to give it a try, George seems like a pretty good guy.

Oil is not just oil, They definitely are not all the same. Weapons shield CLP is the only lube I have ever used that stays in place even after the liquid portion is wiped away through use. I also started testing His products from Steel Shield. The spray shield is excellent as is the grease. I have been using them on 100 and 300 ton Hydraulic presses. One press had no grease fittings on the sliding bushings so I use the spray shield. It leaves a thin layer that doesn't seem to ever go away. and on the grease able bushings his grease does the same thing. I have never used an oil or grease that works as well. The ABF that George has in his products works. Iv'e compared his Strike Shield to other break free type products and damned if it didn't beat what I thought was the best. It creeps into rusted places faster and releases corroded parts. I have been using a product called Free for more than 10 years and Strike shield is better. I haven't had good luck with the solvent but his lubricants are better than anything else I have tried.

I am a machinery mechanic and electrician. I have worked with a lot of different lubricants in my job. I know his products work so well that I only use his lubricants in my company. I am not sponsored by Weapons Shield but I support George and his products because it does what he says, and better than anything I have tried yet.

You can believe whatever you want, but just because you believe something 100% doesn't make it true.

Our host, Brian, sells some Super Lubricant - works great on my TruBor .... :bow: :bow:

As long as you live in Florida I guess! We shoot indoor winter league in the winter up here. Sometimes almost zero degrees once the fans start diving in the cold air. Slide glide turns into crazy glue at those temps! Lol

I've always been an "oil is oil" guy and I clean and lube after every session but...

My DVC is very tight and the Ti coating seemed to want more lube to feel smooth than I was getting from gun oil. I ordered a Slide Glide Light when I got my 650 and I'm pretty surprised at how well it works, it stays put and it seems to get slicker as a range session goes on.... I'm a fan now. :D I am in California...and it's warm, so I can't comment on how it would be in frozen temps ;)

Edited by Chutist

I do like the wide variety of products that Shooters Choice offers and don't let the name fool you their AquaClean and Aqua bore clean are excellent products. Whenever I use a lubricant I like to stay with that companies cleaners and etc. so for the most part I don't mix product lines. My only issue with FP-10 is that it has gotten gummy on me a few times and only a couple of weapons left the slide and trigger nearly inoperable and we have not been able to determine or reproduce that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've used FP10 for years, and have been happy with it. I bought Weaponshield to see the difference, and in my opinion, it seems a bit thicker, doesn't evaporate, and stays put. As for preventing wear, I can't say I see any difference.

I will continue using it.