Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you listening to right now?

Dranoel

7 hours ago, ima45dv8 said:

Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here". 

Particularly, "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (a tribute to former and founding member Syd Barrett).

If you're not familiar with it, and like really good guitar work, it's worth a listen..

Video with lyrics available >>here<<.

Those are my 13 year old daughter’s favorites. Her room is plastered with Pink Floyd posters that came with the Pink Floyd vinyl albums I bought for here. That , and the Beatles 😆.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a niece (she's in her early-30s now) who has made it a life's work to see as many "classic rockers" as she can before they all die off.And she's done a helluva job. She's seen a lot more than I ever have.

I was visiting my brother about 10 years ago and they put me up in what used to be her bedroom. I didn't notice it when going to bed but when rising I saw a small, framed memory of hers on the nightstand. It was a picture of Carlos Santana, a ticket stub, and a guitar pick. Her Dad explained that while at a concert of his, he reached down into the audience and pulled her up on stage. After playing her a song, he gave her the guitar pick he had been using. I ran back up and looked closer, and there she was -- on stage while he played for her. 

She was raised right. :D

1 hour ago, ima45dv8 said:

I have a niece (she's in her early-30s now) who has made it a life's work to see as many "classic rockers" as she can before they all die off.And she's done a helluva job. She's seen a lot more than I ever have.

I was visiting my brother about 10 years ago and they put me up in what used to be her bedroom. I didn't notice it when going to bed but when rising I saw a small, framed memory of hers on the nightstand. It was a picture of Carlos Santana, a ticket stub, and a guitar pick. Her Dad explained that while at a concert of his, he reached down into the audience and pulled her up on stage. After playing her a song, he gave her the guitar pick he had been using. I ran back up and looked closer, and there she was -- on stage while he played for her. 

She was raised right. :D

That’s an experience of a lifetime. She was indeed raised right 👍.

She had a blast and was screaming on top of her lungs when we went to see The Rolling Stones last year at the TIAA Bank Field here in Jacksonville. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 8:39 PM, Descartian said:

I’m kind of the outlier here but I listen to a lot of Techno. Been listening to a lot of mixes from artists on the Dirty Bird label, specifically Ardalan and Sacha Robati right now. 

I listen to a lot of chiptune/ 8-bit music if that counts.

• 4 weeks later...