• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

I'm a big fan of Vince Gill. 

Vocals as clean as when he sang on "Amy" by Pure Prairie League, and a truly talented musician. 

Love him too but he wasn’t the singer on “Amie.” The single was released in 1975 and he didn’t join Pure Prairie League until 1978. 

I stand corrected.

I had seen a video of him performing it with them. While I never thought he sang the lead vocals on the commercial release I was (mis-)led to believe he sang backup.

Thanks for the clarification. 

18 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

I stand corrected.

I had seen a video of him performing it with them. While I never thought he sang the lead vocals on the commercial release I was (mis-)led to believe he sang backup.

Thanks for the clarification. 

No doubt that he had to sing it live with them EVERY SHOW when he was with the band.

Edited by Mcfoto

As long as we are picking nits: "Aime" first appeared on the album "Bustin' Out" in 1972. The house band at my local college bar used to play it in 1973. I think I remember 😉 

ETA: But yeah, Vince is good!

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

As long as we are picking nits: "Aime" first appeared on the album "Bustin' Out" in 1972. The house band at my local college bar used to play it in 1973. I think I remember 😉 

ETA: But yeah, Vince is good!

That’s some good nit picking! You, of course, are correct, sir. The song first appeared on that album. As they were slogging their way to fame, it became their most requested song and got air play on college stations. Their record company released the version we all know as a single in 1975 (with some minor re-mixing). My info is from the PPL Wikipedia.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dranoel said:

Glen was one of the best guitarists I ever saw.More talent in his little finger than most of todays heroes have in their entire body.

As I get older I realize how much I missed as a young person.  We used to watch Hee-Haw and I never paid attention to the genius of Roy Clark, on any stringed instrument.  Thankfully we have youtube.

9 hours ago, DeweyH said:

As I get older I realize how much I missed as a young person.  We used to watch Hee-Haw and I never paid attention to the genius of Roy Clark, on any stringed instrument.  Thankfully we have youtube.

Well, here's another great session for ya. Pay close attention the 2nd banjo player. (yes THAT guy)

1 hour ago, mcflury said:

Anything Opera seems I grew to appreciate it over the years 

Opera is only truly appreciated in live performances or recordings of a performance you have seen. Without the visual aspect, it loses most of its meaning. Especially when sung in a language that you do not understand. You need the visual aspect to give emotional context to the the lyrics and vocal expression. Hearing it can be moving. But not nearly as much as putting facial expression to the vocals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...