Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which PCC?

aandabooks

Going with a 9mm right after the 1st of the year. Just don't know which one yet.

I was at my dealer today and he's got a Colt that just came in. $1300 price tag seems a little steep.

I'm more considering a Just Right Carbine. I see that they come in a takedown model. Anybody have experience with the Just Right Carbines?

The makers I'm currently looking at are the Colt, JP and JR. What else should I be looking at?

You're not giving me the confidence to run out and buy one. Is the trigger replaceable? My other ARs all have Timney or CMC triggers in them. I'm pretty used to a nice trigger in my rifles.

For $720 plus shipping PSA has a upper and lower available. It takes the Colt pattern mags.

Sig is running ~$1500, thats JP territory from what Ive seen. Does anyone know if PSA will be selling the bare lower, just seen the assembled lower and by the time you replace the trigger and build with decent parts not sure you are saving that much $.

Sig is running ~$1500, thats JP territory from what Ive seen. Does anyone know if PSA will be selling the bare lower, just seen the assembled lower and by the time you replace the trigger and build with decent parts not sure you are saving that much $.

I'd be in for a bare lower using Glock mags

I got my mpx new for $1200. mags are expensive but compared to 2011 mags, they are cheap. after owning an AR 9mm, I'll never go back. The sig is that much nicer.

I don't think the carbine version is out yet though. you can either pin/weld an extension on or add a stock for a sbr.

Edited by jon49erfan

I bought a STAG 9 last time I waked in the local gun store. Under $800 out the door. I put some Magpul furniture on it and a Primary Arms micro dot and I'm looking for a 13.5 hand guard. Other than maybe some springs for the trigger group and a brake I'm going to leave it alone. It uses colt style mags and so far has shot everything I've fed it.

Of course with STAG going under they are probably scarce now

Santa brought me a JR Carbine 9mm takedown. I haven't shot it yet because the fore grip was brown and not black like it was supposed to be. I've shipped the fore grip back to JR Carbine and they'll be shipping me a replacement. I have little experience with the AR platform but the trigger on mine feels good. You can swap out the trigger. Look on YouTube for videos on the JR Carbine takedown by sootch00. He has a couple of reviews and disassembly videos, etc. I found them to be very informative. Had PSA come out with their Glock lowers sooner I may have gone that route but I'm sure I'll be fine with the JR Carbine. My brother also bought one used he found on Armslist.

I have 2 of the JRCs (9mm and .45acp)and like them quite a bit. I use Rock River NM triggers in mine. Found the cartridge type drop in triggers don't work with the JRC bolt design. I had a RRA 9mm AR set up, but sold it after running the JRC for a while. JRC is smoother and has less recoil, which I'm guessing it's just because the bolt is a bit lighter. The main thing I noticed was the JRC would eat any of the ammo I fed it including lighter production ammo, where the AR was a bit more finicky. Of course using Glock mags is a big plus.

The main thing I noticed was the JRC would eat any of the ammo I fed it including lighter production ammo, where the AR was a bit more finicky.

This is good to hear because I'll be using it for Steel Challenge next year and we don't have to worry about any kind of power factor.

Anyone that owns a JR Carbine (takedown) know if you can use any AR fore grip on it? I had to send my fore grip back because the color was way off and I'm going nuts not being able to shoot the rifle while I wait on a replacement. I was considering trying to find something else locally that would work.