Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you using for Carry Optics?

JGus

For those that are, or considering, Carry Optics, what gun are you using?

I'm thinking about trying it. Seems to start the easiest path is to use S&W M&P CORE since it's already set up for optics?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those that are, or considering, Carry Optics, what gun are you using?

I'm thinking about trying it. Seems to start the easiest path is to use S&W M&P CORE since it's already set up for optics?

Probably a good choice. Triggers are not to bad out-of-box. Several after market trigger options. Pretty reliable.

Is the M&P CORE the only gun currently set up for optics right out of the box (that would qualify for CO division)?

Also the Glock MOS models. FN makes an optics ready gun and Sig is supposedly coming out with an optics ready 320 soon.

I'm using a Glock 17 with RMR milled by L&M Precision

c3Drig0.jpg

G17L Major Open 9, but I carry a G31... Which also makes major with 125's going 1,420 fps for reloads, duty caps at 1,600 fps.....

I didn't think the G17L was production legal. Hopefully Glock will bring the G17 MOS to the US next year. If they do I'll get one of those and use it. If they don't I'll probably buy a G34 MOS.

I decided to go with the Sig P320. I've read the Sig P226 optic mount works in the dovetail. So I'll use this set up with my Burris Fastfire II to start. If I like it, eventually I'll have someone machine the slide for a lower mount.

Edited by JGus