Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Flexmoney

USPSA Divisions

Where's the best place to start? I have a 1911 (my favorite to shoot), Glock 17 and a CZ 75B. Any recomendation as to which division to start in?

easiest division would be production. easier to break down stages than with single stack.

What type of belts are allowed running in "production" class? Example I have a Double Alpha "duty' belt and IDPA legal holster - can this combination be used?

That belt will be fine. Belt just has to be secure through your belt loops -- with inner/outer combination belts being good to go. As far as the holster, that question is better answered by knowing the exact holster you are talking about. I don't recall any holsters that are ok in IDPA's version of production that wouldn't be ok in USPSA production.

I want to shoot limited and im gonna buy a new gun I was looking at the STI edge and the tanfoglio limited custom any advice thanks

I am running a tanfoglio limited and love it. It is all stock minus thumb rest I put on it. Great gun very accurate very fast and a great price.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I understand why 9mm major might be restricted to Open, but can anyone tell me why the rules don't allow 38 super to score major in Limited or SS?

I would imagine the logic is that the restriction is by caliber, and since a 38 super is 9mm, they're essentially the same caliber.

But that's kind of my question. Why is it caliber based rather than (solely) power factor based? I mean, I get that 9mm major is probably dangerous in other than a custom build and so might want to be discouraged in "lesser" divisions, but that's not true for 38 super major loads is it? It seems strange to force a 38 super to score minor in SS eg if it's using a major load. Sorry for noob question - my knowledge is extremely limited.

Or put another way, why is a 38 super 1911, eg, shooting major loads artificially disadvantaged?

Edited by gavagai

The floor for major in Limited and SS is 40 to create a safe space for 40 and 45. If 9mm/38 was allowed to make major everyone would shoot that instead in Limited, because it would be a straight capacity advantage. I imagine it's a purist thing for SS?

Edited by NickBlasta

I'm curious about trying Carry Optics Division. Where can I find the criteria for that division; ie: is there another annex in the rule book? If so, I can't find it.

I'm curious about trying Carry Optics Division. Where can I find the criteria for that division; ie: is there another annex in the rule book? If so, I can't find it.

http://uspsa.org/uspsa-announcements-details.php?Appendix-D7-Carry-Optics---Provisional-Released-215

I have tried to get the web dude to put a link on the rules page in the past and I am trying again today. Sigh....

Where's the best place to start? I have a 1911 (my favorite to shoot), Glock 17 and a CZ 75B. Any recomendation as to which division to start in?

As Jesse said, reloads being easy with the double stack mags for Glocki?CZ. But if you have never shot a USPSA match ever, than the best thing to do is jump in with what you have. Get at least 5 mags.

G4G17, aftermarket sights are allowed. Night sights are not good for competition, they are for carry/duty. Take a look at Dawson Precision, Taran Tactical and Heines, either black on black or fiber optic front. Dawson has a policy that if your POA/POI don't match they will send you a new front sight to correct it.

Can I have aftermarket night sights on a Production Class gun? Ameriglo, Meprolight, Trijicon, etc..?

Yes

Where does Carry Optic fall in, now? I saw some one shooting at the last match, but I know knowing about it.

gavagai, the only 9mm bullet that will make major in Limited and L10 is a .357SIG. It's just the rules, don't try to make sense out of them.

4 hours ago, 9x45 said:

gavagai, the only 9mm bullet that will make major in Limited and L10 is a .357SIG. It's just the rules, don't try to make sense out of them.

I disagree. Minimum bullet caliber for Major in both Limited and L10 is .40.  If you are going to shoot 9 Major you'll have to do it in Open.

22 minutes ago, mccurdy53 said:

I disagree. Minimum bullet caliber for Major in both Limited and L10 is .40.  If you are going to shoot 9 Major you'll have to do it in Open.

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-announcements-details.php?Rulings-on-holster-distance-USPSA-Handgun-Rules-231

Is not in the rulebook because it was voted on and passed after the current rulebook came into effect. But it IS legal as of Jan 1 2015

Edited by js1130146

23 minutes ago, js1130146 said:

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-announcements-details.php?Rulings-on-holster-distance-USPSA-Handgun-Rules-231

Is not in the rulebook because it was voted on and passed after the current rulebook came into effect. But it IS legal as of Jan 1 2015

Yeah, gotta keep up with the rules!