Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wide brimmed hats for sun protection

Aggieddad02

I have searched this topic and found the last post to be dated 2012 so I figure we have new information from the members. I am looking for something that offers protection to face, ears and neck and maybe even has a crown that is vented. Your thoughts are appreciated

My Tilley is great for last 4 years...if you need more neck protection make a flap of a hanky or a cool max type cover..wish there were more options on the Tilley for color tho.. like a Silver gray.... mine is khaki.Great hat.

i just wear a wide brimmed golf hat when the sun is really out. sometimes a booney. issues especially with the golf hat is my elec earmuffs don't work so i have to plug and don't want to spend serious coin on elec plugs, so i lose out on hearing all the goings on. not to mention of course that i lose the little bit of tacticoolness i have...

Hello: I use them for shotgun shooting. I have a Tilley hat with vented top rim and also use a Sunbody hat made from palm leaves. Both work great to keep sun off my neck. The Sunbody hat comes in larger brim sizes, I bought the 4" and should have gotten the larger 5". Thanks, Eric

I just picked up a Tilley LTM6 AIRFLO. I've only worn it in one match so far but that match included heat, rain and high winds so it got a pretty shakedown and I really like it. Got called "Indiana Jones" a few times but I've been called worse :D