Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sweaty Hands

racingjoe27

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like reporting party my hands sweat like heck. Usually have 2 bottles of Pro Grip available at all times. I have to apply it several times during a match during the summer months. Well thanks to Murphy's Law I ran out this weekend at a local match.

An old timer Bulls Eye Shooter had some powdered Rosin he let me use ( Cramer ). I couldn't believe how well the stuff worked. Amazon had it for 17$. Looked on EBay and had it delivered to my house for 10$ a bottle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought a rock climbing chalk bag and keep it with me. I use it while on deck. Heads up though try not to get much on your support hand as the chalk will get on your mags and cause them to hang up resulting in you mag being thrown across the stage...........

Check your local Lowe's. Mission products were 50% off at mine in Toledo. 1.75oz bottles of the liquid chalk were $4. I should be set for life if they dont dry out. I like it better than pro grip since it doesn't smell like bad aftershave.

Also, their cooling towels were only $6. I use a similar one from frog toggs and wouldnt shoot a match in the summer without it. They definitely keep you cooler than a wet cotton towel.

Edited by Flash74

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found pro-grip (and another similar brand I can't think of off hand) to be like using case lube while reloading. I got along fine before I ever tried it, but now that I've tried it I would much prefer to use it than not. One thing for sure is that if you're going to use it in a match definitely practice and dryfire with it as well. Cause it does create and artificially dry situation while gripping the gun or mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3M Safety Walk tape. It makes skateboard tape look tiny and effete. Also, rub some dirt on my hands.

yep, 3m safety walk for me too. I've tried various brands of skate tape and all of them to one degree or another lost bits of grit which left bits of grit/sand around the place and all eventually started to peel off. some faster than others. The 3M safety walk tape has a much better adhesive on it (since it's designed for use on outdoor steps), the grit doesn't come off at all (even when new) and it has a much better texture than skate tape.

I use it on the front and backstrap on my CZ shadows and previously no tape would last there more than 1 or 2 matches. I also put it on my tanfoglio gold team henning flat grips (totally covered) and it feels fantastic. :)