Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sweaty Hands

racingjoe27

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started making Pro Grip in 1995 when I could not find anything I liked. Pro Grip bonds to the natural oil in your skin. The skin of a Brick Mason would use more product than a hand of a Surgeon. If you have a lot coming off on your Gun you are probably over applying either on initial application, or when re-applying. This is why We offer the Pump Spray. It can be used as a lighter touch up or for a lighter application on softer skin. It is important to shake Pro Grip before using as well. Dirt, or grit is not a good choice on your hands near your gun or magazines. Pro Grip should be used on reasonably clean skin, not over gun oil,or Silicone which can counter act and get a little weird. If this happens rinse off or wash your hands. I started in 1983 when 20 lpi checkering was the norm and My Nastoff left callouses so rough I could not touch my wife's behind! Skate board tape or stippling is important but does nothing for the back side of your hand where your weak hand interlaces. Glad to see some people still like the product. Thanks for using our products! David

• 3 weeks later...

Ron Avery is a big proponent on grip strength and recommended to me the Kings of Crush grippers. Although, it may not solve your sweaty hands concern, it does however, give you "outside of the box" remedies if/when you won't have delightful powders, hand crafted towels, and delicious lotions available.

3M Safety Walk tape. It makes skateboard tape look tiny and effete. Also, rub some dirt on my hands.

yep, 3m safety walk for me too. I've tried various brands of skate tape and all of them to one degree or another lost bits of grit which left bits of grit/sand around the place and all eventually started to peel off. some faster than others. The 3M safety walk tape has a much better adhesive on it (since it's designed for use on outdoor steps), the grit doesn't come off at all (even when new) and it has a much better texture than skate tape.

I use it on the front and backstrap on my CZ shadows and previously no tape would last there more than 1 or 2 matches. I also put it on my tanfoglio gold team henning flat grips (totally covered) and it feels fantastic. :)

yep, this is the same stuff I used on the starboard steps of the ladder to the flybridge of my sportfishing boat .... way better than skateboard tape ... only problem is it only comes in balck ... :(

• 2 weeks later...