Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CTS LS-P vs SP-01 ACCU Shadow

EatsEverything

By some accounts the SP-01 ACCU Shadow was the top of the line CZ Custom offering that was Production-approved. Now we have the CTS LS-P contending for that spot.

They share a lot of features on paper, though there are a few notable differences:

ACCU Shadow
CZ 75 SP-01 Style Full Dust Cover
Shadow Slide
CZC Barrel Bushing and Reverse Plug
3.0-4.0# SA, 8.0-9.0# DA
CTS LS-P
CZ 75 SA Style Short Dust Cover
Tactical Sports Slide
3.1-3.5# SA, 7.5-8.5# DA
What kind of differences in performance would you expect?
Does the barrel bushing make that much of a difference?
Does this basically come down to personal preference with regard to the heavier slide or the heavier dust cover?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has the CTS LS-P been Production approved?

Absofrickenlutely.....if you believe the internet.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-production-gunlist.php

"CZ 75 CTS LSP (42.1 oz.)"

http://czcustom.com/cz75shadowls-pblk.aspx

These bastards at CZ Custom just want to take my fun money. :goof: Now if I can just exercise some self control.

If both guns are equipped with the same triggers, hammers, and mainsprings, the trigger pull weights should be similar.

I doubt the Acu bushing will make much of a difference within the distances shot during USPSA matches.

Yes. I have 2 SP01 Shadows and I am reconfiguring my CTS LS into a production gun. I think the slight advantage might go to the LS since you can use less powder which in turn means you can run a lighter recoil spring. It is too early to tell though.

IMO you can make GM and win major competitions with a standard SP01, 75B, or 85 Combat. These pistols are accurate and reliable enough to win. Put good sights on one of these, and get the trigger work done. Spend the savings in $ on training, strength and aerobic conditioning, practice, ammo and ammo supplies, match fees, and travel.

That said, the high end pistols are certainly improvements (although I think small incremental improvement) over lower priced pistols. I would much rather compete and win with an SP01 that is worn and beat up from practice and competition, than lose with the latest and greatest new pistol that costs twice as much.

It is the pistol operator that is the single biggest variable in match performance. If my memory is correct, Dave Sevigny was winning Production Nationals with a basically stock Glock several years ago. Also, I seem to recall someone winning with a Beretta 92 (I think), several years ago.

Would I like to own one of the newer pistols from CZ Custom? Heck yes!! Will the "latest and greatest" equipment, move me from B to A, or A or M, or M to GM? No. Only hard work, training, and practice on my part will do that.

I frankly don't see the appeal of the LS-P.

I'd rather have the Accu-Shadow, or better yet, a production Tac Sport with DA/SA trigger.

But what do I know, I'm just a Glockophile.

I'd rather have the Accu-Shadow, or better yet, a production Tac Sport with DA/SA trigger.

I said the same thing and I'm a CZ nut. more weight on the slide, less on the frame? seems backwards to me. if it weighed the same like a g17vs34 it would make way more sense.

I said the same thing and I'm a CZ nut. more weight on the slide, less on the frame? seems backwards to me. if it weighed the same like a g17vs34 it would make way more sense.

I'd shove all in for a production legal Tac Sport.

IMO you can make GM and win major competitions with a standard SP01, 75B, or 85 Combat. These pistols are accurate and reliable enough to win. Put good sights on one of these, and get the trigger work done. Spend the savings in $ on training, strength and aerobic conditioning, practice, ammo and ammo supplies, match fees, and travel.

That said, the high end pistols are certainly improvements (although I think small incremental improvement) over lower priced pistols. I would much rather compete and win with an SP01 that is worn and beat up from practice and competition, than lose with the latest and greatest new pistol that costs twice as much.

It is the pistol operator that is the single biggest variable in match performance. If my memory is correct, Dave Sevigny was winning Production Nationals with a basically stock Glock several years ago. Also, I seem to recall someone winning with a Beretta 92 (I think), several years ago.

Would I like to own one of the newer pistols from CZ Custom? Heck yes!! Will the "latest and greatest" equipment, move me from B to A, or A or M, or M to GM? No. Only hard work, training, and practice on my part will do that.

So, to summarize: Indian > Arrow

But I still love shooting my Accu's.

I really think that the heavy slide will not produce any huge advantages over the other Production legal models. The total weight of all the models are very close but with the bulk of the mass reciprocating now, it will cause more movement with the sights or should theoretically. It's a beautiful gun and I would really like to shoot one before I discredit it but this is just my observation so far.

Essentially the CTS LS-P is a TS in DA/SA, just a shorter dust cover.

It's a TS slide

I want the large frame, full dust cover, stock sights, and TS magazines... the CTS LS-P is not that.

Essentially the CTS LS-P is a TS in DA/SA, just a shorter dust cover.

It's a TS slide

I want the large frame, full dust cover, stock sights, and TS magazines... the CTS LS-P is not that.

Buy 2000 and you're GTG

I'd shove all in for a production legal Tac Sport.

+1 get CZ or CZC on a production legal Tac Sport. Larger frame and mag well with the longer slide. What's the hold-up on that?

It is, but sounds like some would want a DA/SA version...... Would be too heavy for my taste. Heavier than a Stock III? And those are heavy.

Can think of a few reasons the small frame version is better....

Aftermarket grip and parts availability

Lighter overall

Mag availability

Reliability ? With short factory 9mm

May be a heavier slide, but it's longer sight radius, lighter weight than a TS, and mag availability would sell me. I would love to try one.

It is, but sounds like some would want a DA/SA version...... Would be too heavy for my taste. Heavier than a Stock III? And those are heavy.

Can think of a few reasons the small frame version is better....

Aftermarket grip and parts availability

Lighter overall

Mag availability

Reliability ? With short factory 9mm

May be a heavier slide, but it's longer sight radius, lighter weight than a TS, and mag availability would sell me. I would love to try one.

CZ75 magazine capability is why I opted for the long slide. The slide itself weighs only an once more than a regular shadow slide and it comes with the LPA dovetails from the factory. With a 10 lb spring, the felt recoil is dramatically reduced. Its a blast to shoot. ;)