CTS LS-P vs SP-01 ACCU Shadow

EatsEverything

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quack can you please elaborate on that? I thought the ACCU shadow isn't legal due to the bushing barrel setup, the CTS-LS is not setup like that. And who is the approving authority of what guns can and cannot be shot in SSP? I've never seen actual "approval" list for SSP, other then Guide lines, and who does the burden of proof falls on how many guns are made or not made in a year? Who makes the call and says your Pistol is not legal at a local or higher match?

"The Rulebook Clarifications for Q3, 2014, have not been finalized for publication. We would like to publish this completed update for those of our competitors who will be attending IDPA Nationals. Since the CZ Custom Shop is not an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer), the CZ SP-01 Accu-Shadow will not be deemed SSP legal, based on the following rules in the current rulebook: 8.2.1.4.1.

Competitors planning to shoot this firearm at the IDPA Nationals will need to make other arrangements. Please see Robert Ray for more information on borrowing a firearm if needed. Comp-Tac has generously offered to lend holsters for borrowed firearms and HQ has an assortment of SSP legal firearms to lend for the match. Any competitor who arrives with an Accu-Shadow and chooses not to shoot the match will have their entry fee refunded. We understand that this is a major inconvenience due to the late nature of this decision. We apologize and are striving to fix our process so that this will not happen in the future. We thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Joyce Wilson

Executive Director, IDPA"

The LS-P is made by CZC, which is not on OEM (per IDPA).

It may have been listed in the CZ catalogs, but so has the Accu Shadow, even though they were both made by CZC.

Hmm, didn't find the whole 2013 catalog again, but I do not remember any reference to CZ custom , http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-shadow-cts-ls-p/. Just seemed to be another model that was made for a while and then discontinued.

The CTS LS-P isn't made by CZ UB.

If you look at the CZC listing, I says made in the USA by CZ Custom.

Agreed.

I just don't know if it was ever an oem gun and is now only made by czc or if it was always only made by czc. I really don't have a dog to fight (I've got an SP01 that I could play with in IDPA) , but if somebody knows the history and origins stuff that would be interesting.

As far as IDPA is concerned CZ Custom is not the OFM for the CZ competition pistols listed in the CZ USA catalog. Wilson Combat, however, is the OFM for Beretta Brigadiers.

As far as IDPA is concerned CZ Custom is not the OFM for the CZ competition pistols listed in the CZ USA catalog. Wilson Combat, however, is the OFM for Beretta Brigadiers.

Beretta builds the guns for Wilson, using Wilson parts. The only additional thing Wilson may do is the "action tuning"

Beretta builds the guns for Wilson, using Wilson parts. The only additional thing Wilson may do is the "action tuning"

and trigger guard rounding and checkering

"Being a serious Beretta collector, I have always considered the 92G SD the best model ever produced, but almost too expensive and rare to shoot. I feel fortunate to have been able to work with the fine people at Beretta USA to produce a pistol that, in my opinion, is an improved 92G SD. Having Beretta USA build my dream 92 series pistol is awesome and I’m very happy that a lot of people will be able to enjoy this fine pistol model." -Bill Wilson

The 92G frames sold by Beretta all have the square trigger guard and WC had been offering the modification to round the trigger guard for some time. There is absolutely a double standard in IDPA.

I'm so confused :) .

Questions of what is legal for what always end up making my head hurt.

Seems like I read somewhere that if you bought an accu shadow then you are good to go for USPSA production, but if you bought a shadow & then had it converted to be identical to an accu shadow you would be sent to rules jail.

Seems like I read somewhere that if you bought an accu shadow then you are good to go for USPSA production, but if you bought a shadow & then had it converted to be identical to an accu shadow you would be sent to rules jail.

Right.

Right. If CZC mills a Shadow for a bushing and sells it as an ACCU model then it is USPSA Production Legal. If you buy a Shadow from CZC and send it back to have it milled for an ACCU bushing then it is illegal since milling on a Production gun is only allowed for sights. No one at the chrono table would be able to tell the difference because the gun is identical. In my view if the configuration that you present at the chrono is identical to an approved Production gun then it should be legal regardless of the path you took to get there. Another example is that it would not be legal to run a Glock 17 slide on a Glock 34 frame even though that gives you a Glock 17.

Right. If CZC mills a Shadow for a bushing and sells it as an ACCU model then it is USPSA Production Legal. If you buy a Shadow from CZC and send it back to have it milled for an ACCU bushing then it is illegal since milling on a Production gun is only allowed for sights. No one at the chrono table would be able to tell the difference because the gun is identical. In my view if the configuration that you present at the chrono is identical to an approved Production gun then it should be legal regardless of the path you took to get there. Another example is that it would not be legal to run a Glock 17 slide on a Glock 34 frame even though that gives you a Glock 17.

so i can buy a complete accu shadow from CZC and then will be able to shoot it in competition in production class without issue. yes?

so i can buy a complete accu shadow from CZC and then will be able to shoot it in competition in production class without issue. yes?

That is correct.

So what's the holster options for CTS LS-P if you were going to use it in production?

Blade Tech DOH or Stingray for Tactical Sport, Comp-Tac International for CZ SP01

Cool. Thanks Stewart!

It fits in my ghost holster for the SP01/Stock 3 but it's a bit loose.

If you can find a holster that fits an acu shadow light/.40 S.A. with an open end that would work.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edited by himurax13