Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CTS LS-P vs SP-01 ACCU Shadow

EatsEverything

Anyone know any logical reason why a CGW type 1 disco would not work in a CTS LS-P ?

The guys at CGW are great but I think I'm wearing us out so I figured I'd seek knowledge here.

Installed disco - worked great except double action would not reset - if I remove the slide stop lever and hold slide just slightly forward of normal rest position everything works fine - playing with slide off of gun it is like the trigger bar just needs to go up a tiny smidge higher to allow da reset - verified springs which ride under trigger bar are riding the grooves correctly and are at proper tension - put original disco back in and verified that everything still works great - ground a clearance bevel on the CGW disco per CGW - reinstalled type 1 disco - no change - added a little more bevel - I'm thinking a little more was too much as now the da will not reset with the gun completely together (original issue) and also the da will now drop the hammer prematurely when I'm playing with the gun with slide held slightly forward of original battery position.

I could buy another type 1 disco and try again, or see if the CZ in short reset disco will work (not sure that it does anything for pre travel in single action though) , or learn to enjoy shooting with a longer pre travel.

Am leaning toward investigating the CZ disco but figured I would peruse the area for thoughts first.

For what it is worth. The DSPerman increased tension safety lever springs work great I think if you plan to basically not use the safety (stiff as snot, really not hard to install or a pain when you are assembling / disassembling). The reduced power trigger spring works great also (easy to install if you buy the cgw punch & replacement trigger pin & have a man sized hammer to get the old pin out).

Edited by IHAVEGAS

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

remove from the center leg..this allows the trigger bar forward.

if you remove from wings. the DA will release sooner in the trigger stroke

If the day releases too soon, would that cause a light primer strike? I have gotten away with a tiny amount of filing on the front and a 45 degree bevel there.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

remove from the center leg..this allows the trigger bar forward.

if you remove from wings. the DA will release sooner in the trigger stroke

Hmmm, that seems to make perfect sense.

Will buy another disco and work up the courage to try try again, am thinking that the CZ disco is probably not dimensionally identical to the CGW disco so perhaps it is possible that the CZ will drop in (a man needs to have dreams). Would prefer not to screw up another carefully engineered piece, I don't suppose that anyone knows of a 'disco fitting for dummies thread anywhere' or maybe just a helpful picture or two?

On the bright side haven't found any primers yet that the gun will not pop with an 11.5" hammer spring, but have not tried more than a couple brands (winchester & cci).

Shooting the gun with the original disco today, freehand, just enough wind to bother you a little bit, no load development just some 147 g bayou loads laying around, I was 14 of 15 on a 9" paper plate at 50 yards. Given that I'm a mediocre shot I thought that spoke well for the gun.

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the holster options for CTS LS-P if you were going to use it in production?

Blade Tech DOH or Stingray for Tactical Sport, Comp-Tac International for CZ SP01

Comp tac ought to work if I cut out the bottom so the muzzle could stick through and glue in a piece of plastic or whatever to work as a spacer so the gun does not flop around a bit (free to rotate a few degrees front to back, this would make me crazy). The spacer should make things fine except that if you want the holster to do double duty with an sp01 you are out of luck.

Have the comp tac in front of me & will likely just leave it alone for use with my sp01, had a blade tech for my sp01 (same fitment situation as the comp - tac) & I think this will be fine for the LS after the minor modifications.

The blade tech made for the tactical sport is what I wish I had (I think). Should look better than a chop job on one of the other two.

http://czcustom.com/comp-tacrhcz7585sp01.aspx

We have this comp-tac . Works for the long slide

Oh, they changed it.

The one on my desk just has CZ SP-01 on the side and is shorter. Yours has something like CZ 75 /853/S/P01 on the side (from memory too many digits).

I'm guessing that there is probably a lot of old stock out there as mine was just purchased in the last few months.

Oh, they changed it.

The one on my desk just has CZ SP-01 on the side and is shorter. Yours has something like CZ 75 /853/S/P01 on the side (from memory too many digits).

I'm guessing that there is probably a lot of old stock out there as mine was just purchased in the last few months.

They we just received from them last month . after a visit to the shop.

• 1 month later...

Well, it was supposed to work for the long slide :) .

Bought one from comp-tac (you guys did not have the color I wanted) & I'm assuming that they told you by now that the spacer dimension does not work for the LS. Any inside info on what and when for a fix / redesign ?

Bought one from comp-tac (you guys did not have the color I wanted) & I'm assuming that they told you by now that the spacer dimension does not work for the LS. Any inside info on what and when for a fix / redesign ?

Interesting..here is a holster out of package with LS-P out of the box. perfect fit. maybe ours are special

post-627-0-93922200-1443562277_thumb.jpg

Edited by eerw

Interesting..here is a holster out of package with LS-P out of the box. perfect fit. maybe ours are special

attachicon.gif_SDW1054aab.jpg

Hmmm.

If the difference is that you have a different diameter / different material plug that seems like an easy fix. If it is kydex material dimension tolerance or maybe plug screw hole location tolerance that would make the cheese more binding.

My gun would go in tight, but so tight that the compressible tubing around the plug screw held it too well for a reasonable draw. It might have been ok for somebody that wanted a carry holster and didn't care about competition though.

IMO you can make GM and win major competitions with a standard SP01, 75B, or 85 Combat. These pistols are accurate and reliable enough to win. Put good sights on one of these, and get the trigger work done. Spend the savings in $ on training, strength and aerobic conditioning, practice, ammo and ammo supplies, match fees, and travel.

That said, the high end pistols are certainly improvements (although I think small incremental improvement) over lower priced pistols. I would much rather compete and win with an SP01 that is worn and beat up from practice and competition, than lose with the latest and greatest new pistol that costs twice as much.

It is the pistol operator that is the single biggest variable in match performance. If my memory is correct, Dave Sevigny was winning Production Nationals with a basically stock Glock several years ago. Also, I seem to recall someone winning with a Beretta 92 (I think), several years ago.

Would I like to own one of the newer pistols from CZ Custom? Heck yes!! Will the "latest and greatest" equipment, move me from B to A, or A or M, or M to GM? No. Only hard work, training, and practice on my part will do that.

I bought the accu shadow. I am a mediocre at best at shooting USPSA.. I got it so there would be no doubt in my mind if the trouble was my old worn out beretta Elite 2, or me. I am SURE its both. By taking one thing out of the equation, i can focus on improving me. Make sense?

I bought the accu shadow. I am a mediocre at best at shooting USPSA.. I got it so there would be no doubt in my mind if the trouble was my old worn out beretta Elite 2, or me. I am SURE its both. By taking one thing out of the equation, i can focus on improving me. Make sense?

You would have had me just at 'it is my money and I wanted one', but I think your logic is valid.

Right now I have an old beat up SP01 that I bought third hand & at a good price & I have the new hoity toity LS, it is a toss up which one I am going to end up making my match gun. They both do the job well and have their pro's & cons.