CTS LS-P

CZ 75 SA Style Short Dust Cover

Tactical Sports Slide

.... don't forget

ACCU Shadow Lite

Shadow Slide

CZC Barrel Bushing and Reverse Plug

Don't think the AS Lite is Production legal.

ACCU Shadow

CZ 75 SP-01 Style Full Dust Cover

Shadow Slide

CTS LS-P

Tactical Sports Slide

.... don't forget

ACCU Shadow Lite

Shadow Slide

Don't think the AS Lite is Production legal.

Ah, you're correct, sorry about that!

• 1 month later...

What do you want to know? Mine is home made so I can't really give a review of the one that comes from CZ Customs

I have an 85 combat trigger, low wide CZ competition hammer, CGW Type 3 Disco, 10 lb recoil spring, 11.5 Mainspring, adjustable TS Sights, 5.5 mm CZC FO sights, CZC Stainless Muzzle Break, SP01 Shadow Safeties, Shadow Extended Magazine release installed.

Trigger has a DA/SA of 5.25/2.25 lbs with a short static reset and a trigger break shortly after that.

Although it is a tad lighter than my SP01 Shadow, the recoil feels like it is pushing more to the rear than lifting up. Almost like a 9mm 1911 feel. I still have to get a steel guide rod so that might change it a bit.

I haven't had time to really give it a workout but it does feel good.

Edited by himurax13

What do you want to know?

Everything :) .

Really though. If you had done Bill drills or similar target acquisition excersises with one versus the other & bullseye shooting, it would be interesting to know if you have seen any measurable difference in performance. Since you have not had time to give it a really good workout yet, maybe one of these days it would be interesting to know how things turn out.

Bottom line is me wondering if that gun is the new USPSA production psycho killer cz or if the SP01 still stands the throne.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

I have a full mag dump at 7 yards video in slow motion. Would that be sufficient? ;)

That confirms that it is fun :) .

Thanks!

Makes me wonder if you would not get slightly less muzzle dip with the SP01 though (I can't help it, I wonder about things).

I can barely close a COC trainer with my shooting hand ... :(

Are you shooting Norco Saturday? You can film me shooting it ;)

Dammit, I was going to reorganize my reloading bench so I can squeeze in another 550 into it and convert my 650 into a 9mm setup after I make 2500 rounds of .45. :(

I have a few videos of my Australian SP01 Shadow. I just need to edit and upload them.

Here is a 9 second clip from Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7S7qb2HYbA

Here is me sucking at last month's SWPL. Just disregard the crappy shooting and watch the muzzle flip. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CuWgoKQM7o

I wonder how much difference a steel guide rod will effect the Longslide though.

Edited by himurax13

I wonder how much difference a steel guide rod will effect the Longslide though.

Probably make the muzzle dip more that it did in your video. I've never handled a CTS, but I have many TSs and the slide is heavy, 13.7oz bare slide heavy. The Production list shows the weight of the CTS as 42.1oz and the SP01 as 42oz so it looks like you're losing ~2oz from the frame (static) and gaining it in the slide (reciprocating) which is basically the opposite effect of slide lightening.

Although you do get another 0.6" of barrel which should let you drop the charge weight by a tenth or two, which could help it shoot flatter.

himurax13, have you done any side by side chrono tests?

Probably make the muzzle dip more that it did in your video. I've never handled a CTS, but I have many TSs and the slide is heavy, 13.7oz bare slide heavy. The Production list shows the weight of the CTS as 42.1oz and the SP01 as 42oz so it looks like you're losing ~2oz from the frame (static) and gaining it in the slide (reciprocating) which is basically the opposite effect of slide lightening.

Although you do get another 0.6" of barrel which should let you drop the charge weight by a tenth or two, which could help it shoot flatter.

himurax13, have you done any side by side chrono tests?

Ha!!

I knew I wasn't the only one who overanalyzed things :) .

I will be picking up my CZC CZ75 CTS LS-P 9MM today (That's a mouth full). My shooting time will be cut short this weekend but I'll try to get a few rounds down range and right a review for it when I can.

I will be picking up my CZC CZ75 CTS LS-P 9MM today (That's a mouth full). My shooting time will be cut short this weekend but I'll try to get a few rounds down range and right a review for it when I can.

I just couldn't take the pressure anymore. Mine is on it's way. Will be interesting to see your thoughts and compare notes.

Did not have a chance to chrono yet.

I suspect the difference will only be 2 to 3 PF. That might be enough to drop the charge by .1 g.

I am also going to go with a Tanfoglio 9 lb recoil spring for the Long Slide.

With the Australian SP01 Shadow, the CGW 10lb recoil spring and the 11.5 lb hammer spring seems to be spot on.

I Was only able to put 50rnds through it so far. First impression, it's slimmer then I thought, it's about as thick as a browning highpower, weight is pretty balance even with the longer slide. SA trigger is phenomenal! 2.5lbs with very little reset needed, felt as nice as my

9mm sti. DA trigger is smooth and about 7lbs. I probably dried fired it in DA 300+ times with no finger fatigue. MORE TO FOLLOW

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-m6QzkZl7n_A/VbzmFeHRjJI/AAAAAAAAAjQ/gZzXjJhIPBg/w1590-h2826-p-rw/15%2B-%2B1

Edited by DocMedic

I Was only able to put 50rnds through it so far. First impression, it's slimmer then I thought, it's about as thick as a browning highpower, weight is pretty balance even with the longer slide. SA trigger is phenomenal! 2.5lbs with very little reset needed, felt as nice as my

9mm sti. DA trigger is smooth and about 7lbs. I probably dried fired it in DA 300+ times with no finger fatigue. MORE TO FOLLOW

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-m6QzkZl7n_A/VbzmFeHRjJI/AAAAAAAAAjQ/gZzXjJhIPBg/w1590-h2826-p-rw/15%2B-%2B1

Butt is dragging today so I picked mine up but have only coon fingered so far. Same thoughts on trigger, only thing is mine will need a fix as it has gobs of pre travel in single action (picked up the $1400 version at Shooters Connection, good action job but not exactly the same action pieces as the 1620 version at CZ Custom I think) else it wowed them at the ffl.

I will need to shoot them to know which works best, in the house the SP01 grip feels better to me and I like the way the web of your thumb goes deeper into the beaver tail, but the LS seems to let my strong hand get up higher on the gun which may mean the one that feels the worst at first ends up feeling the best.

Definitely wish the slight beveling on the SP01 mag opening was there on the LS.

Measured difference in sight radius between the SP01 with aftermarket fixed rear rear sight that stops very near the back of the slide and LS with fully adjustable sight that stops sooner is right at 0.525, does not seem like a big deal to me personally. I suspect either you can shoot alphas with both or with neither.

Cutting the closed end off with a hack saw makes a blade tec doh holster tolerable for the LS but with some tilt slop, does not hurt how it works with the SP01. A bit of spacer could be glued in to take away the tilt slop but that would prevent use with the SP01.

My big surprise was that the LS feels the more nimble of the two when swinging around (dry fire target transitions). With eyes closed I would have guessed that the SP01 was the longer gun.

I did not see a distance specified on your test target or on mine, any idea what the distance was ? Don't know if the test group is something to smile or to cry about :) .

My big surprise was that the LS feels the more nimble of the two when swinging around (dry fire target transitions). With eyes closed I would have guessed that the SP01 was the longer gun.

I did not see a distance specified on your test target or on mine, any idea what the distance was ? Don't know if the test group is something to smile or to cry about :) .

Well both of my SP01 Shadows are heavier than my CTS-Longslide.

If you get a fitted disconnector, the trigger will be just as good as any SP01 Shadow trigger can be.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Well both of my SP01 Shadows are heavier than my CTS-Longslide.

If you get a fitted disconnector, the trigger will be just as good as any SP01 Shadow trigger can be.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, I guess I should have looked for weight data rather than looked at the two guns and assumed how they would feel.

CGW disco on order & reduced power trigger return spring. Will test the gun out in an IDPA classifier and a steel match this weekend as is though, I'm curious to see if the long pre-travel is much of a thing during match conditions.

Free hand casual paper punching with a hodge lodge of different loads (berry's 115's, bayou 124's and 147's, Montana gold 147's, power pistol, aa5, hs6, titegroup, power factors in the 120 - 135 range, cci and winchester and remmington primers) so far I have not seen much sensitivity to point of aim (15 yards free hand it is all good, longer distances and or a rest will likely change the story) or managed to find something that would cause the gun to hiccup.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Quack can you please elaborate on that? I thought the ACCU shadow isn't legal due to the bushing barrel setup, the CTS-LS is not setup like that. And who is the approving authority of what guns can and cannot be shot in SSP? I've never seen actual "approval" list for SSP, other then Guide lines, and who does the burden of proof falls on how many guns are made or not made in a year? Who makes the call and says your Pistol is not legal at a local or higher match?

Quack can you please elaborate on that? I thought the ACCU shadow isn't legal due to the bushing barrel setup, the CTS-LS is not setup like that. And who is the approving authority of what guns can and cannot be shot in SSP? I've never seen actual "approval" list for SSP, other then Guide lines, and who does the burden of proof falls on how many guns are made or not made in a year? Who makes the call and says your Pistol is not legal at a local or higher match?

I'm not quack, but a couple things.

Accu shadow fails the externally visible modification rule if viewed as an SP01, if 2000 units per year were made (or 20,000 total) and CZ Custom was judged to be an oem then you could make a case for ssp legality. Also not esp legal as the only way an SP01 sneaks in to esp with the full dust cover is by being legal in ssp.

CTS-LS likely also does not make the 20,000 total or 2,000 per year rule that would allow the gun into ssp. It was listed in previous year CZ catalogs (legitimate oem gun) and I do not know of any reason why it would not be 100% kosher as an esp gun.

Calls on equipment at a match are made by the s.o.('s) running the check area and I have seen the match director pulled in on a couple disputed calls (both equipment dq's were upheld). The burden of proof for production numbers is a good question, personally I would approach it like USPSA production class rulings, i.e. be prepared to provide proof of compliance if I think something might be questionable, a better approach might be to ask the question through the IDPA website.

As with all responses related to nefarious regulations and subjective interpretations, I may be full of it.