Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 3GN Regionals

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are these matches squadded? I've looked and I don't see a link anywhere and I don't remember seeing a 'squad me with' on the application.

Jim, they'll do self squadding a couple of weeks before the match. At least that's what they did this past year. If I remember right, you just logged in to the 3GN site and squadded through the members area. Similar to the way it's done in USPSA. Worked well for me.

Someone told me that some of the stages for the reginals might be classifiers? Is this true?

I would be pissed if I had all that $ tied up in a match and there where classifier stages.

From the detail on the SW match:

"Two-day event, half-day format with fast, burn'em down, Pro-style stages featured alongside technical, natural terrain courses of fire with long-range presentation. 3GN Classifiers will also be included in the mix at each event."

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Would one of these be good for a 3 gun noob? I shoot USPSA, IDPA (dont like IDPA though) steel and service rifle ATC.

Every match has a handful of first time shooters. Not first time 3-gunners, first time at a match shooters. Come on out and shoot!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Would one of these be good for a 3 gun noob? I shoot USPSA, IDPA (dont like IDPA though) steel and service rifle ATC.

Every match has a handful of first time shooters. Not first time 3-gunners, first time at a match shooters. Come on out and shoot!

Thanks buddy, I probably will.

Id like to see promotion based upon prior participation. I got in to all I wanted, but I shot three last year. Maybe it was.....

Thats a recipe for a dead sport as you basically risk closing the doors to any new shooters.

Id like to see promotion based upon prior participation. I got in to all I wanted, but I shot three last year. Maybe it was.....

Thats a recipe for a dead sport as you basically risk closing the doors to any new shooters.

Exactly! After missing rocky mountain for two years and losing my seniority I pretty much have up on trying to get in again.

Exactly! After missing rocky mountain for two years and losing my seniority I pretty much have up on trying to get in again.

Don't know why...if you've shot any 2 matches in the last 7 years, I put you in upon order of arrival. Each year, we have 40-50 never before shooters in the match as well. We fill up...but since we use the mail, it's not quite so instantaneous! Gives people more wiggle room. We want to honor our loyal shooters, but also gain new shooters. It's frustrating and sad saying "we're full" to wonderful people...but, we do our best to make as many people happy as possible.

There is no perfect system, but so many matches being full so early is a sign that the sport is alive and well. I, personally, would love to be able to sign up for matches a month or two ahead of time, get in easily, and then have a smooth match when I get there that isn't overfull, but I bet if that were the case, the matches wouldn't be there very long! :goof:

Don't know why...if you've shot any 2 matches in the last 7 years, I put you in upon order of arrival. Each year, we have 40-50 never before shooters in the match as well.

Good to know I thought since I misses the last two years I was SOL. Might have to come get that Heavy Optics Title next year.

Is there some qualifications that come into play to get promoted?

Made it in last year but had to withdraw due to an injury. Does that knock me off the list?

So far no promotion to SW Regional this year.

Bill

There should not be, as it was stated first come first serve. I would send an email to Charles and screenshot the time entry for the match. I know 2 shooters in the TX match that signed up much later than you, well after the crash.

There should not be, as it was stated first come first serve. I would send an email to Charles and screenshot the time entry for the match. I know 2 shooters in the TX match that signed up much later than you, well after the crash.

E-mail sent this morning. Did not save a screenshot. I wonder if I should register again. Would this further complicate things?

Addition: Decided to go ahead and re-register. Will see if this one makes it through.

Edited by Flatland Shooter