Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 3GN Regionals

New Rules with our new Divisions mods will be out soon...i think some 308 cal and 45 acp will see light.Many other good changes.

Oh yea! Heavy Metal shooters should be happy about these changes! I know I am...Probably lure me out of HM retirement!!!

I am curious too.. Wondering what exactly "soon" means.... :)

Soon Definition
dictionary.search.yahoo.com
adv. adverb
  1. In the near future; shortly.

The bus should be here soon.

2. Just prior to something; shortly.

The news broke soon before he resigned.

3. Without hesitation; promptly or speedily.

I love you too Charles.. :)

I am hoping that whatever you release gets us up to 10 in the division.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Rules with our new Divisions mods will be out soon...i think some 308 cal and 45 acp will see light.Many other good changes.

Oh yea! Heavy Metal shooters should be happy about these changes! I know I am...Probably lure me out of HM retirement!!!

I am curious too.. Wondering what exactly "soon" means.... :)

Soon Definition

dictionary.search.yahoo.com

adv. adverb

• In the near future; shortly.

The bus should be here soon.

• Just prior to something; shortly.

The news broke soon before he resigned.

• Without hesitation; promptly or speedily.

I love you too Charles.. :)

I am hoping that whatever you release gets us up to 10 in the division.

Looking at the scores from 2014 regionals it looks like the traditional group of Heavy Shooters aren't shooting the 3GN matches. They are old school and are shooting the same outlaw matches they have shot for years. If you want to grow heavy you gotta incentivize shooters like Rocky Mountain does or like 3GN did with the old $5000 division championship in 2012 because it's expensive to shoot.

Personally I like 9mm, 12 gauge auto and a .308 rifle for HO because there is less barrier to entry. HI gets a .45, pump, .308 and a red dot or irons

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I am sorry there is a delay on the rules getting out....I did not meet the soon definition.. We just want to make certain they are fair for all.

As for the Heavy Divison I hope'n more will jump in those divisions but last year. I think this is a common problem all over the sport. We do have a score'n conession listed above.

SCORING CONCESSION HEAVY>>>>>BOTH HEAVY

Competitors in these divisions shall be required to have at least ONE SCORING HIT on

paper with Rifle and or Pistol, anywhere inside the border perforation to avoid penalty.

:yawn::goof::surprise:

Is this official for 2015? Just curious if this could also apply to local 3GN club matches.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody have info or best guesses on round count for the SW Regional? With the match quickly approaching those of us flying will need to ship ammo soon.

It would be nice to get a round count and some stage descriptions............just sayin.

Anybody have info or best guesses on round count for the SW Regional? With the match quickly approaching those of us flying will need to ship ammo soon.

It would be nice to get a round count and some stage descriptions............just sayin.

I don't remember them posting stage descriptions last year or a round count. There are usually options as to what you use to engage the targets, several "rifle or pistol" and "pistol or shotgun" targets in the stages. For me, unless it's a unique match that advertises a particularly high round count, I go with a standard load out of 250-rifle, 300-pistol, 150-7.5's, 50-9 shot, 50-high brass 6's, & 40-slugs. I always bring back ammo and I have plenty on hand to give out for people who didn't pack enough. The regionals last year were not exceptionally high round count matches.

There may also be some side matches going on that you'll want to have a little extra ammo on hand for. I used the side matches to warm up and get over my "first stage jitters". Even though I knew I wasn't going to with the side match it was well worth $5 to get a quick run in before the match began.

Possibly one stage at SW Regional that caught some off guard was a 60+ round shotgun stage.

Somewhere I saw posted that competitors should expect something similar this year.

Bill

Was the stage with the Polish plate rack, was in the 40 area of birdshot plus a couple of slugs. I think it was the only single gun stage of the match.

Possibly one stage at SW Regional that caught some off guard was a 60+ round shotgun stage.

Somewhere I saw posted that competitors should expect something similar this year.

Bill

Was the stage with the Polish plate rack, was in the 40 area of birdshot plus a couple of slugs. I think it was the only single gun stage of the match.

That sounds a lot better than 60+ rds. I guess some friends were trying to scare me.

I guess I am just spoiled, all the major matches I have gone to always had stage descriptions and round counts.

Any idea on what kind of distance we will be shooting rifle out to? I would like to have some idea on what to expect.

Any word on the Match Hotel for the Regional Match in St. George?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

I tried unsuccessfully to get info on that, and just booked myself. The holiday inn express in hurricane is about midway between the range and st George. I've stayed there before. Clean, affordable and has a decent breakfast.

Any one book hotels for the Mid Atlantic and the Eastern Regionals? What hotel did you use? Still on the wait list but was told I should be promoted to the match so I don't want to wait till the last minute for a room.

Thanks

Any one book hotels for the Mid Atlantic and the Eastern Regionals? What hotel did you use? Still on the wait list but was told I should be promoted to the match so I don't want to wait till the last minute for a room.

Thanks

I didn't realize those matches are full. When you go online, they say there are still openings.

Thanks

I didn't realize those matches are full. When you go online, they say there are still openings.

The one in St. George is not full, last time i check there were only 165 shooters..

Thanks

The Mid Atlantic...is at VIR (VA International Raceway) has 90 rooms on site and five star condos that 10 can sleep in..the place is 100% self contained with restaurants bar and a race in progress during our match...stay on the property. go to http://virnow.com/ for more info....

OH a BMW race will be going on at the same time we run our match.

Edited by csole

Thanks

The Mid Atlantic...is at VIR (VA International Raceway) has 90 rooms on site and five star condos that 10 can sleep in..the place is 100% self contained with restaurants bar and a race in progress during our match...stay on the property. go to http://virnow.com/ for more info....

OH a BMW race will be going on at the same time we run our match.

FML that sounds awesome!

Any idea when we are going to be able to squad for the SW Regional in St. George? It's less than two weeks away and no squadding or approximate round count? It's getting down to the wire and would like to know :-)

Any idea when we are going to be able to squad for the SW Regional in St. George? It's less than two weeks away and no squadding or approximate round count? It's getting down to the wire and would like to know :-)

Just got the emails for squading and round count tonight. Got to love that 150yd slug shot :)