Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 3GN Regionals

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solid match that felt more "outlaw" than before. I had a solid match with 3 top five stage times, and one being a stage win, but couldn't hold it together on 2-3 other stages, with one of them being a meltdown. There were targets present that demanded more respect and consideration than just using large 4x10 and 12x12 steel. I don't think the slings added much, or took anything away, but was another fold in the mix.

Even tho it's a 12 hour drive, I hope 3GN holds another event at this range again next year!

Thank you Remington and AAC for supporting the match!!!

12 hour drive....oh the humanity! (closest Major to me....18 hours.)

I refuse to fly and am self employed.......that second one is what drives decision making when deciding...the first one was broken last year for Surefire in Vegas.

Every Regional I'm signed up for came out to right at 12 hr one way trips, and I didn't sign up for the 16 and 22 hr one way drives.

I wish I could get a Regional in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, and Nebraska.....I'd make them all in addition to the 3 I'm attending now. Heck, I'd attend one in Illinois as long as it was close enough to America to stay, eat, and spend money outside of Illinois!

Had a great time at this one. Only thing I would recommend is that the organizers stretch out the 6 minutes per-shooter per stage timeline if they're going to have longer stages like 5-8 were. It made for quite a bit of backup as the match went on. It would also be of benefit to make sure a match isn't scheduled without taking daylight savings/standard time changes into account. Kinda dark this past Sunday to start shooting at 0700.

I didn't shoot as well as Ryan, but here's my stages for y'alls consideration.

I refuse to fly and am self employed.......that second one is what drives decision making when deciding...the first one was broken last year for Surefire in Vegas.

Every Regional I'm signed up for came out to right at 12 hr one way trips, and I didn't sign up for the 16 and 22 hr one way drives.

I wish I could get a Regional in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, and Nebraska.....I'd make them all in addition to the 3 I'm attending now. Heck, I'd attend one in Illinois as long as it was close enough to America to stay, eat, and spend money outside of Illinois!

It just takes shooters. The western and Midwestern regionals haven't been filling up. Hopefully with this new format of bigger and badder stages that changes and we get regionals 7, 8, 9, & 10 next year.

It is interesting that it looks like the mag capacity limits in Factory division created some separation from Practical division.

James Casanova and Chris Andersen finished 1, 2 and would have only been top 20-25 in Practical with their overall match times. Usually James and Chris would be top 5-10 in Practical no matter if they have a scope or a red dot.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

It just takes shooters. The western and Midwestern regionals haven't been filling up. Hopefully with this new format of bigger and badder stages that changes and we get regionals 7, 8, 9, & 10 next year.

seems like something should be said here.....maybe "amen" or something!

Is there a designated match hotel for Alabama?

There's quite a few hotels in that area. Anything on Hwy 150 or John Hawkins Pkwy will put you close to the range, restaurants, etc.

The range is actually in a great location, surrounded by business and residential. Much different than a lot of the places we shoot that are in the middle of nowhere.

I'm in Birmingham, so anyone feel free to PM me with questions.

Is there a designated match hotel for Alabama?

I got an email from Tennille today with that info.

These are the 2 the 3GN email mentioned:

Holiday Inn

2901 John Hawkins Pky

Hoover, AL 35244

Microtel Inn and Suites

500 Jackson Drive

Birmingham, AL 35244