Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 3GN Regionals

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather spend my money on match fees and ammo. Can anyone please answer my question?

I don't think anyone other than Charles can tell you. Earlier when you checked "details" for each match it indicated how many positions were still available. That no longer shows for any of the matches.

It may be a case where they do not want to supply that information or it may be a case of all the matches are full.

I finally got "promoted" to the Marble Falls match this afternoon. Last night it indicated 39 positions were still available.

Even if all matches filled up, there may be some openings by Christmas. We have 14 days to pay the bill. So in two weeks those who have not paid their entry fee will be purged from the lists.

Sorry I'm not more help.

Bill

This was my first year of competitive shooting and I am hooked. We have a great scene out here in Jersey (believe it or not lol). I never been to any big time matches like this. Is there lots of vendors there? Is there lots of drawings for prizes or anything? Any door prizes?

This was my first year of competitive shooting and I am hooked. We have a great scene out here in Jersey (believe it or not lol). I never been to any big time matches like this. Is there lots of vendors there? Is there lots of drawings for prizes or anything? Any door prizes?

There are vendors-always a good place to buy stuff, sometimes drawings, don't know about door prizes. What you will get is excellent shooting challenges, which is why these matches have become popular. You have a number of well known shooters and 3 Gun shooters in NJ, which I am sure you are aware of by now. All of them knowledgeable and experienced. So maybe check with them and they can help you a little more. For 3 Gun-Bruce Piatt-everybody knows him, on this forum and guys I have seen at matches around for a while-Vlad, Dave Marquez, Jim Norman, some I am forgetting. It is fun!

How many people need to sign up for a division to be recognized?

Someone somewhere posted that 10 was the minimum. I don't know if that is accurate. All four 2014 matches recognized Open, Tactical Irons and Tachtical Optics.

The Mid-West Regional last August recognized Open with just 10 competitors.

Bill

Note: Just noticed that the Southwest Regional in October only had 9 shooters. But its possible that #10 was a no show or a DQ.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

New Rules with our new Divisions mods will be out soon...i think some 308 cal and 45 acp will see light.Many other good changes.

Oh yea! Heavy Metal shooters should be happy about these changes! I know I am...Probably lure me out of HM retirement!!!

New Rules with our new Divisions mods will be out soon...i think some 308 cal and 45 acp will see light.Many other good changes.

Oh yea! Heavy Metal shooters should be happy about these changes! I know I am...Probably lure me out of HM retirement!!!

I am curious too.. Wondering what exactly "soon" means.... :)

Before the first event would be a good bet! I would imagine sooner.

Perhaps a dumb question here.

My friends and I have signed up, been promoted and paid our bill. We are 'in the match'. Now how do we handle squadding? I didn't see anywhere to request squad with when I signed up and I don't see anything regarding squadding anywhere now. I am sure that somewhere there must be a way to get squadded with or in some cases insure you don't get squadded with someone.

Perhaps a dumb question here.

My friends and I have signed up, been promoted and paid our bill. We are 'in the match'. Now how do we handle squadding? I didn't see anywhere to request squad with when I signed up and I don't see anything regarding squadding anywhere now. I am sure that somewhere there must be a way to get squadded with or in some cases insure you don't get squadded with someone.

Last time a couple weeks before the match squadding was handled through the 3GN web site. Tenille sent out an email about squadding opening up. It was pretty nice and easy way of doing squadding.

Has anyone heard anything about what the mysterious number six event is going to be?

Invitation only nationals in Tulsa during the pro series shootoff weekend. It's also the pro series qualifier match for 2016.

http://3gunnation.com/news/details/artmid/509/articleid/628678/3gn-nationals-to-debut-in-2015

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Soon Definition
dictionary.search.yahoo.com
adv. adverb
  1. In the near future; shortly.

The bus should be here soon.

2. Just prior to something; shortly.

The news broke soon before he resigned.

3. Without hesitation; promptly or speedily.