Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 3GN Regionals

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be awesome if one day it was popular enough that you could only attend the regional closest to you and then you had to qualify at that regional to go to the next level and finally to Nationals. Or something like that.

One more pair of skinny jeans and you should be there!

• 2 weeks later...

can you drive up to the stages in the southern regional in Hoover, AL and work out of your car/truck or do you have to take a cart?

what about the round count- when will we be given an indication?

Reading though the rules, section 4 covers ammunition and specifically prohibits steel shot(understandably). Would copper plated buckshot be OK to use? Don't know if I'd even need buckshot for the two regionals I'm shooting but finishing getting my ammo together for the year.

A jogging stroller would work well. I'll be surprised if they allow motorized carts on the road that spans the majority of the bays. However, I am in no way associated with the staff at the 3GN match in Hoover and likely don't know what I am talking about. ;) I have just shot there many times.

• 3 weeks later...

Some info from the 3 GN email I received today:

DRIVING TO THE BAYS - Is not permitted. We strongly suggest that you bring a soft case or cart to transport your equipment from one stage to another. The distance you will have to walk is between 70-100 yards, roughly.

The Range is located at

Brocks Gap Training Center

3721 South Shades Crest Rd

Hoover, Alabama 35244

Round Count

We anticipate approximately 150 rifle, 200 pistol, 125 shot, and 30 slugs for the match. Course descriptions will not be released prior to the event. You can safely assume there will be one long shotgun stage. Rifle targets will be approx. 300-400 yards.

Slings WILL NOT be required for this event.

SIGHT IN RANGE There WILL be a sight in range available.

This is great info, can we get similar information on the Mid Atlantic and Eastern regionals?

Some info from the 3 GN email I received today:

DRIVING TO THE BAYS - Is not permitted. We strongly suggest that you bring a soft case or cart to transport your equipment from one stage to another. The distance you will have to walk is between 70-100 yards, roughly.

The Range is located at

Brocks Gap Training Center

3721 South Shades Crest Rd

Hoover, Alabama 35244

Round Count

We anticipate approximately 150 rifle, 200 pistol, 125 shot, and 30 slugs for the match. Course descriptions will not be released prior to the event. You can safely assume there will be one long shotgun stage. Rifle targets will be approx. 300-400 yards.

Slings WILL NOT be required for this event.

SIGHT IN RANGE There WILL be a sight in range available.

I have looked at the google earth image of the range at Brock's gap and it looks like it is pretty much all bays. Would it be safe to assume that this would be a good range to bring out a shorty "bay type" rifle? I see one bay that goes to 300, but nothing any longer than that.

Has anybody actually been to this range before?

I have looked at the google earth image of the range at Brock's gap and it looks like it is pretty much all bays. Would it be safe to assume that this would be a good range to bring out a shorty "bay type" rifle? I see one bay that goes to 300, but nothing any longer than that.

Has anybody actually been to this range before?

Yep. You can go well past 500. No idea what they may have in store for us or which ranges will be utilized. Just say it's possible.

This is the local range I have shot at. I have only done a few 3 gun events ever and all here. Monthly matches seem to normally be shot on the pistol bays with a 50yd? max on the rifle. However if you look at old photos they have set up rifle stages on the the 600yd range behind the bays and there are also 100yd and 200yd rifles ranges as well. Really nice group of guys run the monthly matches. You guys should have great weather this week.

Just checked their website and is says they will be using f (action pistol ranges), e (200 yd rifle), h (720yd rifle) and the shotgun range for 3gn nation this week.

Edited by Chip3

Just checked their website and is says they will be using f (action pistol ranges), e (200 yd rifle), h (720yd rifle) and the shotgun range for 3gn nation this week.

E Range is 500 yards

E Range is 500 yards

From the 3GN email (Birmingham Regional):

Round Count

What is the procedure to withdraw from a Regional and receive a refund of entry fees? The website says it must be done within 5 weeks of the match but I cannot find how to do that.

What is the procedure to withdraw from a Regional and receive a refund of entry fees? The website says it must be done within 5 weeks of the match but I cannot find how to do that.

I sent e-mails to the listed MD's. Also found Charles Sole on FB and sent him a messaage.

Due to injury I had to withdraw from the 2015 Southwestern Regional. From my understanding, if you withdraw more than 5 weeks prior to the match date, you will get a full refund. If its after the 5 week date but at least 2 weeks before the match you get a 50% refund.

I contacted Tennille Chidester at tennille@3gunnation.com She was great about it.

Bill

The Southern Regional was fun! Looking at the satellite view of the range, I didn't expect the 2 stages in the woods. Thanks again to Charles and his crew for putting on another challenging match.

I was actually able to get all 8 stages on video:

Edited by prreed10

Another vote for an excellent Southern Regional! I hope the match returns next year to the same location. Excellent stages and plenty of shooting fun with more than enough options to screw yourself up. 2 thumbs up!!!